Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Vivid Racing is Back on Rennlist!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 07:17 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks we all appreciate your attention to detail....
Old 06-09-2008, 10:31 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Hey Caf
thanks for the English lesson my friend. It seems that people like you never cease to educate the masses. I wish I had a dollar for every spelling error on this forum.

Take Care, Jay
Old 06-10-2008, 01:21 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Jay, how do you like the K40 system on your car?
Old 06-10-2008, 10:07 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Vivid, I absolutely love the K40 system. I love its range especially from the rear, and it gives enough warning depending on how fast you're going with the instant on. One of its best features is the Laser Defuser. I can remember getting hit on I-84 here in Ct one weekend and the gong went off and I quickly could see the trooper down the hill continuing to point the gun at me. But the K40 blocked the signal, at least momentarily, and he couldn't get a read on me until I passed him going 65mph. He just stared at me in disbelief and I drove by. What has to be remembered however is that there isn't a perfect system. There are many times that I have driven past a state trooper and the K40 doesn't go off because they don't have anything on. They're not police car finders. So you still have to drive defensively but at least I can drive with some confidence.

Jay
Old 06-20-2008, 12:21 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

I drove a customers car with the K40 and found it to be much better then my Valentine. I think I will have one installed when I get the 997TT. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 06-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Jon996
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Softronic EC is a tempting tweak. Sound like it would be OK for a car still under warranty (not detectable)

Just one question--the site mentions that it is reversible if desired. How do you do this?
Thanks!
Old 06-20-2008, 01:27 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Really, simple. When you purchase the Softronic, we send you the OBDII flash cable. You simply download the software and follow the instructions here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...?cID=10&pID=64

Once you load your file to the Softronic server, a modified file along with your stock file will be emailed back to you. At anytime, you can load your stock or modified file to your car with the OBDII flash cable.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:32 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I thought I was the only one with a K40.. I need to upgrade to the newest model though.

Originally Posted by DJ23
Vivid, I absolutely love the K40 system. I love its range especially from the rear, and it gives enough warning depending on how fast you're going with the instant on. One of its best features is the Laser Defuser. I can remember getting hit on I-84 here in Ct one weekend and the gong went off and I quickly could see the trooper down the hill continuing to point the gun at me. But the K40 blocked the signal, at least momentarily, and he couldn't get a read on me until I passed him going 65mph. He just stared at me in disbelief and I drove by. What has to be remembered however is that there isn't a perfect system. There are many times that I have driven past a state trooper and the K40 doesn't go off because they don't have anything on. They're not police car finders. So you still have to drive defensively but at least I can drive with some confidence.

Jay
Old 06-20-2008, 11:06 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

dc porsche, what version or upgrade did you hear about? I will have to contact my dealer to inquire about this.

Jay

Quick Reply: Vivid Racing is Back on Rennlist!!!!!!!!!!!