996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Supercars Exposed TV show-Porsche episode

Old 05-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Serenity Now
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercars Exposed TV show-Porsche episode

A little off topic, but still carrera related.

Just curious if anyone else ever watches this show? They just had an episode that was essentially all porsches. Snow drift school with C4s's, and a the host (Tanner Foust) drove a boxster to meet a guy who let him drive his GT. All positive comments on the pcars except the Boxster. It garnered a few lsnub nosed remarks such as the comment "If Porsche was ever to build a chick car it would be the automatic boxster". Of course if I drove Exotic Supercars every day I'd probably find the boxster a little less than adequate too.

Last edited by Serenity Now; 05-21-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have watched it a couple times. Typical retarded TV from Speed. Not a single amount of interesting information or opinions. Just a dood sliding a performance car around with mindless banter. *yawn*

Sorry. Speed TV leaves much to be desired. It's a total snooze fest of mostly NASCRAP related boredom.

*rant off*

C.

Last edited by Chads996; 05-21-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Lerxst
Racer

I wasted 30 minutes on it once. Never again... Only Top Gear for me... and Fifth Gear if I have spare time.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:42 AM
salayc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chads996

Sorry. Speed TV is leaves much to be desired. It's a total snooze fest of mostly NASCRAP related boredom.
C.
Not that there's anything wrong with NASCAR...
Old 05-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I have watched it a couple times. Typical retarded TV from Speed. Not a single amount of interesting information or opinions. Just a dood sliding a performance car around with mindless banter. *yawn*

Sorry. Speed TV is leaves much to be desired. It's a total snooze fest of mostly NASCRAP related boredom.

*rant off*

C.

+++ 1

The stuff on Speed is just crap! I watched that show and the Porsche winter driving school was amusing but the host is useless and we get no interesting info about any of the cars.
Aside from the Rolex series, ALMS and the less than exciting F1 races there is not much worth watching on speed.
Car Crazy??? Barry Maguire scares me!!! allot!

Old 05-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by salayc
Not that there's anything wrong with NASCAR...
Em kay.

Something seems a miss to me....

Uh...yeah, ok. Don't get me started.

Nevermind. In my personal opinion, NASCAR needs to go back to its roots. Stock cars. If NASCAR made its series into something like the Australian V8 Super Car series, WOW. I'd be all over it. Why? Because, it is a car based on an actual car that is able to be purchased by the public. And the racing is absolutely ***** out.

Just watch this:

2007 V8 highlights

There is some seriously fast, crazy, nutsoid racing in that series. I give credit to those crazy Aussies for creating such great racing.

C.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:30 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At 190-200mph going back to the old days would kill drivers. The cars are 850HP cages with keeping the drivers alive after they hit a wall or roll down the track. NASCAR is not as much fun to watch from a distance but from inside the car the is a lot going on. Put the front of you car under the rear end of the guy in front of you @ 198mph. I wish the other series (ALMS and ROLEX) could find a way to market their product better.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:45 AM
MechanicalEng
Burning Brakes

The only thing worth watching is ALMS and the ROLEX series.. I hope they cover the 24h of Lemans too... everything else is garbage... NASCAR, Nascar trucks and Monster trucks

Last edited by MechanicalEng; 05-21-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:12 PM
salayc
Rennlist Member

Em kay.

Uh...yeah, ok. Don't get me started.

Nevermind. In my personal opinion, NASCAR needs to go back to its roots. Stock cars. If NASCAR made its series into something like the Australian V8 Super Car series, WOW. I'd be all over it. Why? Because, it is a car based on an actual car that is able to be purchased by the public. And the racing is absolutely ***** out.
Sure, that's fine and all, it's just racin'
I like the fact that in Nascar a pit crew is armed with pry bars and sledgehammers in order to get a car back on the track. IMO the sport is a lot better these days with the new cameras and everyone on mics. If you want stock cars, that's easy to find.
Ironically, I don't think most drivers are nearly as opinionated about the type of racing as most fans though.

BTW, that picture is a bit unfair, I look much better now that I cut my hair. I still have the white speedos though.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:12 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

The show is gay, the guy is a douche....but you get to see the latest supercars 1st hand. IMO, VERY worth watching.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Blackness
Pro

What do you expect when you have a Formula Drift "champion" test driving a P-car on a spectator TV show?
Old 05-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Serenity Now
Instructor

I agree the show wasn't the best and the host annoys me (not as bad as the other SPEED 30 min car shows though) but I set it on my DVR anyway. I'll make a decision after another episode or 2.

I'll try not to jump on the nascar bashing bandwagon but you have to admit the marketing reps did a great job to be able to turn the most boring racing series into the commercial success it has become. I'd watch a Rolex race over a NASCAR race anyday, but apparently I'm in the minority.

Oh, and the BEST racing SPEED covers are ranked as follows: 1) AMA Motocross 2) AMA Supercross 3) MOTOGP 4)AMA Superbike/Supersport 5) Rolex 6) ALMS

Old 05-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Oh, and the BEST racing SPEED covers are ranked as follows: 1) AMA Motocross 2) AMA Supercross 3) MOTOGP 4)AMA Superbike/Supersport 5) Rolex 6) ALMS

In reverse order, #6 being best right?

Actually it's fun to watch NASCRASH on the couple road circuits like Sonoma.
It's the bloody circles that make me dizzy.
Plus NASCRAP is really not about the cars, it's a driver popularity contest.
Kinda gay, not that there's anything wrong with that.... ha.

At least that Supercars show has shown a few different cars you wouldn't normally see, beats the hell outta most of their shows.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:51 PM
SC996
Instructor

I think the show is pretty stupid, but I have to admit I'll check it out just to see the cars. I don't plan on catching it each week like Top Gear, but if I see it when scrolling, I'll stop and watch.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:50 PM
PJorgen
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Serenity Now
A little off topic, but still carrera related.

Just curious if anyone else ever watches this show? They just had an episode that was essentially all porsches. Snow drift school with C4s's, and a the host (Tanner Foust) drove a boxster to meet a guy who let him drive his GT4. All positive comments on the pcars except the Boxster. It garnered a few lsnub nosed remarks such as the comment "If Porsche was ever to build a chick car it would be the automatic boxster". Of course if I drove Exotic Supercars every day I'd probably find the boxster a little less than adequate too.
Pardon my ignorance, but wtf is a GT4?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Supercars Exposed TV show-Porsche episode