Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

It looks like I have to get another 996...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Alos
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations!!!!! Thats awesome
Old 05-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats!! Having babies is truly a life-changer, but wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Did they tell you about the RMS leaks that have to be cleaned up 5-6 times a day? Have fun!!
Old 05-10-2008, 10:13 AM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations!
the best gift in life!
Old 05-10-2008, 11:04 AM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks all, I'm still excited... it isn't a dream.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ArneeA
tipstall/Ken, yeah, our very first... scared and excited at the same time!

Nicolaas, the hospital bag being packed way in advance is a great idea!

Thanks all!! I hope I don't wake up from this dream.
Smart move! Get your sleep now. Those long weekend mornings waking up at 10am and going to eat lunch at some cafe, will be few and far between for a couple of years.

Sleep, sleep, sleep now!

Having kids is awesome.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
Congrats!!!

The next 9 months are going to be a hell of a ride!!! Hope your wife is young..under 30, because if not the doctors are going to drive you nuts with all the sonograms and other tests..to be sure you get a heart attack over absolutely nothing!!! I found out that baby doctors are the most sued in the country!! Remember that I told you this...because there is no reason to worry 99%...but it cost me some sleepless nights! and in the end the girl is super healthy and I am a lot greyer!!

Also make sure that the hospital bag is packed 2 months beforehand...my wife kept on delaying and we had the scramble a month ahead of time....and this is unneeded stress when the water is broken!

In the end (my baby girls is 10 months now) I wish I had here 10 years earlier!

It is like Time says and better...20 ferrari's.....she makes you smile every time you see her/him....even when you are in your deepest depression!!

Good advice Nicolaas - also, keep a towel in the car for the ride to the hospital - if the water breaks in the car that's not a good thing for leather.

I wouldn't describe it as a 20 Ferrari or Porsche event. Having kids is cool, but they're hard work. There are some days that you'll love it and some days that you'll wish you have never done it, but overall it's good.

I also have to agree with Nicolaas - I wish we had kids earlier when we had more energy to deal with the lack of sleep and the temper tantrums.

The real test of whether you're good to be a parent is if you decide that you're glutton enough for punishment to go back for a second one.

Quick Reply: It looks like I have to get another 996...