996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

BruceP just cancelled his membership

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008 | 12:37 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by John D.
Tell you what - sometimes, some folks just don't get it... I'm pretty sure most folks "do get it" - but, for some reason - you refuse to, for whatever reason.

I want to wish you well on other Forums. Those Forums, for you - is no longer this forum.

And perhaps someone will post a thread about you and your departure - so you too can - .'..read
that thread chuckling and loving the fact that you are getting attn..'.

John D.
Good riddance, this move is good for the forum. This was long overdue, IMO.

My 1st encounter with Ben was when I made a comment on e46fanatics when I owned a C4S and Ben owned an M3. All I said was C4S and M3 would be a good race. Ben told me the C4S was the slowest 911 and I had no chance of beating an M3. he went on to say the M3 was the better looking car, and some other stuff about how the M3 was more aggressive and was so much better than the 911. Ridiculous ****!! I just said whatever dude.

He then showed up here, trolled around for a while before he got a C4S. Then started bragging about his C4S and dissing other 911's not up to HIS standards. On several occasions, he made comments about how my Turbo had an ugly wing, the lag sucked among other things. He even said my car was "weak" cause it wasn't well-optioned. I ignored it, as always.

I can't lie, knowing that when I'd make a comment I ran the risk of Ben piling on has kept me over at another 911 forum, as I don't have to deal with that **** there.

"My" opinion regarding Benjamin Choi:
Entertaining? Maybe, but Ben is immature and belongs on a "less" mature forum. His drama WAY outweighed his contribution to this forum. I watched him insult a members wife (calling her ugly right to the guy). He was always very quick to point out, or make up negatives about peoples cars, as well as any other negative he could find. This simply showed his lack of class.

I would make a comment simply giving my opinion and Ben would say things like, "don't listen to him, he doesn't know ****, or "you you just have to know get to know him, he can't help himself." These comments offended me and made me wanna flame back at him, instead I just felt like I'd be better served to simply not post on that thread anymore. It literally chased me away. These bully tactics we're frustrating and I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt this way.

Ben brought this forum down a notch, IMO. Hopefully he'll learn from this and be a little more respectful towards others when he's not in his own house.

I could go on and on with my diatribe, but I just wanted to get my point out. Later Ben

Last edited by arr0gant; 05-07-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-07-2008 | 12:42 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by pongobaz

THANK YOU John! Now this forum can get back to a semblance of civility. Buh, bye Benji don't let the door hit you on the way out.
+100

Thanks John. Glad to see Ben's acidic attitude outta here. No tears from me on that one.

Old 05-07-2008 | 12:58 PM
Steve-o
Advanced

It's about time Ben got removed...he is positively a negative presence. Let's talk cars without the attitude.
Old 05-07-2008 | 01:11 PM
pat056
Rennlist Member

At the risk of being called a traitor ( I do contribute, BYW) and of taking this a little (no, a LOT) off thread. What are some other good 911 forums. I'm not going anywhere, just looking at different perspectives.
Old 05-07-2008 | 01:15 PM
lfe
Instructor

Originally Posted by pat056
At the risk of being called a traitor ( I do contribute, BYW) and of taking this a little (no, a LOT) off thread. What are some other good 911 forums. I'm not going anywhere, just looking at different perspectives.
The two that I know of are:
6speedonline.com
rentech.org

6speed seems a little less technical
rentech is more technical

Neither has the traffic of Rennlist, But ...
Both have Ben.
Larry
Old 05-07-2008 | 01:17 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Bruce and I have not always seen eye to eye, nonetheless I liked him (especially when he called me hoss).

Bruce saw Ben's true colors and I think this had to do with his departure, I think now that Ben is gone, Bruce will come back. I am just speculating about what i just said, but I do hope he comes back.
Old 05-07-2008 | 01:17 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by lfe
The two that I know of are:
6speedonline.com
rentech.org

6speed seems a little less technical
rentech is more technical

Neither has the traffic of Rennlist, But ...
Both have Ben.
Larry
Interesting. I spend my time here. I used to post my drives on 6speed, but stopped, as I wasn't impressed with the kind of people that I found there - I guess Ben will fit in well over there.
Old 05-07-2008 | 01:19 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by pat056
This question is not apropos on an open forum. PM someone if you want an answer to this.
Old 05-07-2008 | 01:20 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by arr0gant
Bruce and I have not always seen eye to eye, nonetheless I liked him (especially when he called me hoss).

Bruce saw Ben's true colors and I think this had to do with Ben's departure, I think now that Ben is gone, Bruce will come back. I am just speculating but I do hope he does.
Yup, Bruce is passionate, but not meanspirited. We have gone toe to toe from time to time, but I have respect for him and his opinions. Hopefully he will come back.

I have been depressed to see you and the other regulars posting less and have attributed it to the environment that Ben was causing. It no good us having all these newbies joining if the regulars with the experience are leaving.
Old 05-07-2008 | 01:24 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
Yup, Bruce is passionate, but not meanspirited. We have gone toe to toe from time to time, but I have respect for him and his opinions. Hopefully he will come back.

I have been depressed to see you and the other regulars posting less and have attributed it to the environment that Ben was causing. It no good us having all these newbies joining if the regulars with the experience are leaving.
I certainly will post more. Thanks Oraganet!!

Last edited by arr0gant; 05-07-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-07-2008 | 01:24 PM
lfe
Instructor

This question is not apropos on an open forum. PM someone if you want an answer to this.
Gant, Sorry if my reply to this was inappropriate. I thought that considering Loren (owner of renntech) is a frequent contributer here, that it was OK.
Can you explain why it might be inappropriate, so I dont F up again.
Larry
Old 05-07-2008 | 01:28 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by lfe
Gant, Sorry if my reply to this was inappropriate. I thought that considering Loren (owner of renntech) is a frequent contributer here, that it was OK.
Can you explain why it might be inappropriate, so I dont F up again.
Larry
My guess is that it is just not appropriate to start a discussion about competing forums in this "open" forum. Probably against the rules and/or something the admin/mods frown upon, at the least.
Old 05-07-2008 | 02:12 PM
Loren
Drifting

My guess is that it is just not appropriate to start a discussion about competing forums in this "open" forum. Probably against the rules and/or something the admin/mods frown upon, at the least.
I would hardly call Rennlist and RennTech competing. I consider John D a friend and fellow Porsche enthusiast. If you have ever looked there is a link to Rennlist on the front page of RennTech.

Rennlist and RennTech are different - RennTech being focused on the technical side of our cars and on the folks that enjoy working on them. We have lots of independent shops that frequent RennTech just for that reason. We saw a need for good, accurate technical information (not guesses or myths) on our cars and most folks think we provide just that.

I am a member here too (for many years) because Rennlist has always been a really good Porsche community. From buying advice, to member drives, to the latest mods, and technical discussions - Rennlist is the place. And, for high quality technical discussions/information I think RennTech is the place. I would hope John D would agree.

As an admin for a site I have a lot of compassion and understanding for John D as 99.97% of all the folks are friendly, helpful and courteous to their fellow members. But it only takes a few to make things miserable for many or all.
One final word - I think John D did the right thing. Regardless of your feeling for any individual - you have to do what is best for other 99.97% folks that make this site so great.

(Loren steps off his soapbox)...
Old 05-07-2008 | 02:36 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by Loren
I would hardly call Rennlist and RennTech competing. I consider John D a friend and fellow Porsche enthusiast. If you have ever looked there is a link to Rennlist on the front page of RennTech.

Rennlist and RennTech are different - RennTech being focused on the technical side of our cars and on the folks that enjoy working on them. We have lots of independent shops that frequent RennTech just for that reason. We saw a need for good, accurate technical information (not guesses or myths) on our cars and most folks think we provide just that.

I am a member here too (for many years) because Rennlist has always been a really good Porsche community. From buying advice, to member drives, to the latest mods, and technical discussions - Rennlist is the place. And, for high quality technical discussions/information I think RennTech is the place. I would hope John D would agree.

As an admin for a site I have a lot of compassion and understanding for John D as 99.97% of all the folks are friendly, helpful and courteous to their fellow members. But it only takes a few to make things miserable for many or all.
One final word - I think John D did the right thing. Regardless of your feeling for any individual - you have to do what is best for other 99.97% folks that make this site so great.

(Loren steps off his soapbox)...
Hey man, i never said any names. I just said "I" don't think it's aproprtiate to tell members here in the open other Porsche forums, as it has the possibility to open discussions about why they're better for this or that.
Old 05-07-2008 | 03:30 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Ben's banning I can understand (whether I agree or not is irrelevant), but Bruce's departure I'm struggling with. I can see leaving if one's no longer wanted by the majority, or no longer finds the community valuable in any way, neither of which would be the case with Bruce, IMO. There's always the option to ignore or not address someone. Isn't that what adults do, even if we find ourselves surrounded by children at times? With the kind of rapport Bruce has built around here, I'd think it takes a lot more than a few bad apples to drive him away.

I'm thickening up my cyber-skin as I write...

Quick Reply: BruceP just cancelled his membership