Old 04-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tippy
-pumpkins
-cheap 19's
-4X4 lift kit.................
Yea, it's tougher to swallow cuz that car could look so good. I can't stand those discount tire 19s. I've seen them on several 911s. We make fun of Civics and Jettas... I'd laugh at this car harder.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Not sure if this has been done before (I have sigs and avatars turned off as my Rennlist settings), but would be cool to see someone make an MK1 aero "badge" that people can put into their signature as it is a good looking, exclusive club.

Not quite as exclusive as this, but certainly good enough via power by numbers.

Even a GT1 looks better with aftermarket wheels.

"Hi, my name is Ben and I want to order a set of wheels... I want the K-28s with your standard anodized centers."

"Ok, which vehicle?"

"Porsche GT1"

"GT2 or 3 you mean?"

"No, GT1"

"Let me check the database on that one as I'm not sure we've ever made a set for one of those before..."
Old 04-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
Yea, it's tougher to swallow cuz that car could look so good. I can't stand those discount tire 19s. I've seen them on several 911s. We make fun of Civics and Jettas... I'd laugh at this car harder.
That was my old car.............
Old 04-11-2008, 05:01 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

That was my old car.............
You would still scrape the bottom of the engine? Was it stock suspension? I like your new Pcar better.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

LOLOOOOLOLLOLOLOLO
Old 04-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

-pumpkins
-cheap 19's
-4X4 lift kit.................
- tiptronic
I fixed it for you.......

Sorry, I couldn't resist all in good fun. (I quickly slink away before he gets out the turbo and leaves me standing at the light)......
Old 04-11-2008, 06:45 PM
TOMDEG
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just noticed this thread. Here's mine. Man, I gotta take some better pictures. I have a ROW M030 kit sitting in my garage for the past year and a half... maybe I'll get some time this summer to put it on!

Cheers.
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Originally Posted by chsu74
You would still scrape the bottom of the engine? Was it stock suspension? I like your new Pcar better.
Yes, I bottomed it at least twice. It was always a joke with a friend that I would lose a jug (metaphorically like an air-cooled) on a hump or speed bump and a piston would be dangling out of the bottom of the car. Oh yea, everything is bigger in Texas, even speed bumps.......

LOLOOOOLOLLOLOLOLO
My list is from those who "hated" on characteristics of my car.........I knew you would blast it.

Originally Posted by Ray S
I fixed it for you.......

Sorry, I couldn't resist all in good fun. (I quickly slink away before he gets out the turbo and leaves me standing at the light)......
Dont worry, the light yes, but the twisties I am sure the 986 will leave me in the dust. Not to mention my track skills, never been, but probably weak............ Now drag racing............
Old 04-11-2008, 07:39 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Cory, why did you sell your 996?
Old 04-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Originally Posted by redridge
Cory, why did you sell your 996?
1. Tiptronic (not bashing 'em though)
2. Over 100k miles with a big (to me) car payment
3. My friends turbo (my new car) offered for a good price
4. Buyer offered a price well above what a RL'er would pay for my 996
5. Because you guys made me have an insecurity about driving a slushbox and I just wanted to fit in..........

I do miss it though, the car was fairly clean and looked to have little wear. Carpet and paint were perfect, really good for a 100k car.

If anyone could of figured out if the manual swap is possible, I would still own it. There were to many unknowns and I didnt feel like swapping the manual in and the car not running correctly or start up at all. Then, facing the task of swapping everything back to Tiptronic.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:00 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

tooloud10: What do you think of the other aerokits....02-04 and also the 997 aero's. Just trying to understand if you dont like this particular kit or kits in general.
Sorry, Red, just saw your post...

I'm not a huge fan of any of the aero kits. I think I'm one of the few owners that likes the "plain" look. I think it's because I've always liked older 911s and my car looks more like a natural progression from the classic look like below. Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread--just trying to answer Red's question...
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2008, 09:28 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

1. Tiptronic (not bashing 'em though)
Cory, I think you could've stopped at #1 and that would be plenty reason for ditching it at least your having fun now, with a slight hearing loss.

Originally Posted by tooloud10
Sorry, Red, just saw your post...

I'm not a huge fan of any of the aero kits. I think I'm one of the few owners that likes the "plain" look. I think it's because I've always liked older 911s and my car looks more like a natural progression from the classic look like below. Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread--just trying to answer Red's question...
fair enough, I also like the classic lines, it is what gave us the shape of what it is today and believe it or not, I consider myself old school... when the 998 comes out or whatever is next after that, maybe one day I will be writing the same stuff you just did... cars and machines may change but, people relatively dont change... peace
Old 04-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Cory, I think you could've stopped at #1 and that would be plenty reason for ditching it at least your having fun now, with a slight hearing loss.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:37 PM
flash80
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if this has been done before (I have sigs and avatars turned off as my Rennlist settings), but would be cool to see someone make an MK1 aero "badge" that people can put into their signature as it is a good looking, exclusive club.

Not quite as exclusive as this, but certainly good enough via power by numbers.

Even a GT1 looks better with aftermarket wheels.

"Hi, my name is Ben and I want to order a set of wheels... I want the K-28s with your standard anodized centers."

"Ok, which vehicle?"

"Porsche GT1"

"GT2 or 3 you mean?"

"No, GT1"

"Let me check the database on that one as I'm not sure we've ever made a set for one of those before..."
Funny stuff...that car is ridiculous. It doesn't even seem reasonable to drive it on the street. It makes the Carrera GT look tame. Where was that pic taken? I've never seen one on the street.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Well lookey here at these wheels.........hmmm..........look familiar?
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: A thread dedication to MK1 aeros