Sponsored by:

HELP me w/Speed-Dependant volume!! CR-210

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Geoff@TheRacersGroup.com
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP me w/Speed-Dependant volume!! CR-210

My '99 C2 has the CR-210 tape deck with 6 disc changer. As you all know the stereo sounds horrible anyway but it works for now. The thing that really annoys me is the speed-dependant volume! I can hear it get louder around 40 then at 60 or so and it bugs me. If it was a gradual increase it wouldnt bug me but it is very noticable and abrupt. I looked through the manual and searched online and have found nothing on how to disable this feature! The manual only shows how to do it with the HiFi stereo. Please Please Please help me out!

-Geoff
Old 04-03-2008, 05:17 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Geoff, pages 25-6 in the Becker manual - this is the CDR 220, but I would assume it's the same - or at least close...
Attached Images  
Old 04-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Geoff@TheRacersGroup.com
Track Day

Thank you so much DFC! I hope it works, I will try it after work and post what happens.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Doug Donsbach
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

From the 210 manual:

To access the User Menu, turn on the radio and immediately press and hold the multifunction key ("*") for more than 2 seconds. The User Menu can only be accessed within the first 8 seconds of operation. The display shows "SEL USER". Use the automatic switch (right side vertical rocker) to choose the function you want to adjust. If no choice is made within 4 seconds, the radio returns to the last operating mode.

Adjustment of Speed Dependent Volume Control (GAL)
When the radio is in the "User Menu", use the automatic switch until "GAL" appears in the display. Use the multifunction keys under the "< >" symbols to choose the level desired ("GAL OFF", "GAL 1", "GAL 2", or "GAL 3", in increasing sensitivity to road speed). To store your choice, press the multifunction key under "AS".

Press the automatic switch to select "END" in the display. After four seconds, the "User Menu" is left and the last radio function returns.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:45 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Pics of your car Geoff... its looking pretty good from that small avatar
Old 04-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Geoff@TheRacersGroup.com
Track Day

Thanks again for the help guys! It worked great so no more annoying volume changes. The pic in my avatar is one of the default RL avatars. I wish my 996 looked like that but its just a run of the mill silver 996, I will post up pics when I borrow a digital camera.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:25 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is AWESOME info! I HATE the speed controlled volume. Just when I decide to floor it and have some fun, the volume on the radio goes up and scares me into slowing down!

On second thought, maybe it's a GOOD thing?

Quick Reply: HELP me w/Speed-Dependant volume!! CR-210