Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Anyone familiar with "AA Auto Warranty"?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 04:22 PM
aviatorX
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone familiar with "AA Auto Warranty"?

AA Auto Warranty based in Delaware.

Seems to be a good option for an aftermarket warranty. I have no affiliation, just looking for opinions from anyone here who may have used this company.

My '03 996 CPO expires this fall. They are offering 5 years/75,000 miles for less than $2800. (The dealer wants nearly $5000 for similar coverage).

They do have coverage plans up to 125,000 miles.

This is a $100 deductable, exclusionary policy which mirrors manufaturers bumper to bumper plan (Looks good. None of our important Porsche problems are excluded). For another $165 I can make it $50 deductable, for another $440 it becomes $0 deductable.

They include free 24 hour roadside assistance, $50/day for rental car when having an approved repair, $100/day for food and lodging if on the road, free towing.

No inspection required, no limit on hourly labor amount. They pay directly to the repair shop with their corporate credit card.

For an additional $100 they have a $0 deductable tire replacement coverage (pays $100 per tire). I have had 2 nails/replaced tires (both rears) in the last year so this might be handy.

I have done as much research as I can. Better Business Bureau shows them in good standing. They are BBB accredited. No real complaints on the internet search.

As many of these places are, these guys are just a broker. The coverage actually comes from various providers who are rated at least "A" by AM Best.

Interesting footnote: The policy my dealer offers is a warranty company called "Genuine" based in Nevada. They are really pushing me towards this saying: "with an aftemarket warranty you really need to have good relationship with your dealer (and thus, buy their warranty) to ensure good warranty service with no "glitches". Well, a little research on Genuine turned up bad news with the BBB, and the CEO is the same guy from a place in Florida called Exotic Warranty that was shut down by the state due to fraudulent business. Not to mention over $2000 more expensive.

Not that I ever really trusted the dealer anyways.

So what do you guys and gals think about this AA Auto Warranty?? Sounds like I will be able to get a slightly better price than what I listed above as the reps do work on commission and are willing to deal. It is also tranferable to next owner.

I am interested in your thoughts.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:42 PM
perryinva
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very timely..I came up with a lot of the same info, but nowhere near as complete. I'd be interested in anyone that has them and has used them. The all are the same if you never use them!!
Old 03-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Stefan Richter
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I bought a 2yr 24K mile warranty from a broker (smartautowarranty.com) for my 00C2 with 84K last year. When the warranty company (API I believe) went bankrupt, they sent me a letter stating that as the broker, they would continue to honor the warranty. I have had one claim and it was promptly paid. In this case, purchasing through the broker turned out well. You may have a similar experience with AA - ask whether they have a similar "honor" system.

Stefan
Old 03-13-2008, 06:29 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I had someone research them back when I had my 996. They came back and told me to beware that many "after market" warranty companies are garbage. They did not say specifically this one is, but based on them trying to be somewhat misleading with their AA Auto Warrant i.e. make you think there is a connection with the well known AAA.... I decided to pass. They may be a fine and reputable company in an otherwise shady business.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why don't you guys try and go through your local porsche dealer?
Old 03-13-2008, 09:45 PM
aviatorX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
why don't you guys try and go through your local porsche dealer?
Let me copy here what I said in my original post regarding the one and only warranty being offered by my dealer............

Well, a little research on Genuine turned up bad news with the BBB, and the CEO is the same guy from a place in Florida called Exotic Warranty that was shut down by the state due to fraudulent business. Not to mention over $2000 more expensive.

I showed the dealer this info today and they nearly sh*t. They were going to bring it up in their weekly meeting. Scary stuff.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:30 AM
perryinva
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Can you pay Porsche to CPO a used car that meets their criteria?
Old 04-23-2008, 11:50 AM
aviatorX
Intermediate

Bumping this thread up. I was reading another thread titled "car coming out of warranty...." and that person is considering paying $2800 for a powertrain warranty.

As I stated in the beginning of this thread I have been quoted less than that for a bumper to bumper plan with longer duration. Still trying to find someone here with experience with AA Auto Warranty though.

Anyone?
Old 12-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Zed.
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 143 Posts

Did you ever get any additional info on the broker AA Auto Warranty? They seem to offer the best contract coverage for the $ with a 'wear and tear" definition of mechanical breakdown and part failure called Tech Choice Ultimate.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:59 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

In today's economic climate, I would not trust any aftermarket warranty companies, unless it was a huge, well known insurance company. Many insurance companies are hurting because they invest a lot of the money that policy holders give them, into the stock market. Consequently, many of them have suffered huge losses. I would only trust the Porsche warranty.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Zed.
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 143 Posts

Yes but, not available once vehicle is beyond warranty period. Ergo.....
Old 12-24-2008, 02:42 PM
rudy1024
Pro

Originally Posted by aviatorX
AA Auto Warranty based in Delaware.

Seems to be a good option for an aftermarket warranty. I have no affiliation, just looking for opinions from anyone here who may have used this company.

My '03 996 CPO expires this fall. They are offering 5 years/75,000 miles for less than $2800. (The dealer wants nearly $5000 for similar coverage).

They do have coverage plans up to 125,000 miles.

This is a $100 deductable, exclusionary policy which mirrors manufaturers bumper to bumper plan (Looks good. None of our important Porsche problems are excluded). For another $165 I can make it $50 deductable, for another $440 it becomes $0 deductable.

They include free 24 hour roadside assistance, $50/day for rental car when having an approved repair, $100/day for food and lodging if on the road, free towing.

No inspection required, no limit on hourly labor amount. They pay directly to the repair shop with their corporate credit card.

For an additional $100 they have a $0 deductable tire replacement coverage (pays $100 per tire). I have had 2 nails/replaced tires (both rears) in the last year so this might be handy.

I have done as much research as I can. Better Business Bureau shows them in good standing. They are BBB accredited. No real complaints on the internet search.

As many of these places are, these guys are just a broker. The coverage actually comes from various providers who are rated at least "A" by AM Best.

So what do you guys and gals think about this AA Auto Warranty?? Sounds like I will be able to get a slightly better price than what I listed above as the reps do work on commission and are willing to deal. It is also tranferable to next owner.

I am interested in your thoughts.
I have a warranty through them - I picked the Great Choice option, which is basically drive train, electrical, cooling, fuel. Now that I reviewed it I noticed there wasn't exhaust, which I need to go add (in case the thing doesn't smog).. No deductible and they will pay the repair shop (even the dealer) directly... Paid not quite $2k for it for five years, 150,000 miles (or 2013 or 210,000 miles on the odo), Apparently that's the most they would cover on a 2001. Similar coverage through the dealer was not quite twice what I paid... I'm happy with the price and the coverage, remains to be seen if claims are as easy as they advertise....

Rudy
--------------------------------
'01 Arctic Silver/Black C2 Cabriolet
'03 Silver F-150 Supercrew
Old 12-24-2008, 04:55 PM
v-tach
Burning Brakes

both my friend and i purchased this warranty when we bought our used 996's. i really havent had many issues with my car. my friend on the other hand had some issues and needed a motor replaced which the warranty company paid for !
hope that helps ..
v-tach
Old 12-24-2008, 10:00 PM
vwrado
Instructor

Just to clarify, you guys with the warranty is with AA Auto Warrenty?

Mind if I ask how much you are paying?
Old 12-25-2008, 02:35 PM
rudy1024
Pro

Originally Posted by vwrado
Just to clarify, you guys with the warranty is with AA Auto Warrenty?

Mind if I ask how much you are paying?
I don't mind at all... just under $2K ($1900 and change...)

Rudy
------------------------------
'01 Arctic Silver/Black C2 Cabriolet
'03 Silver F-150 Supercrew

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with "AA Auto Warranty"?