Sponsored by:

Debadge or No?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 03:34 PM
exlondoner
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
Let me preface this by stating that while I'm solidly in the no badge camp, the 911 badge is the cleanest look to me if there's got to be a badge back there.

However, when I see it on cars that are not Millenium editions, or 40th anniversary editions with the 911 badge I wonder how that's any different than putting a GT3 badge on an aero package car. It's still advertising the car to be something that it is not.
Audi, don't agree on that one. I opted for a black 911 emblem as for me it simply looked far better than any of the other options. Also just to point out the Millenium Edition came with a 911 on the rear.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceP
Must agree. Ben rarely missteps on matters of taste, but that S belongs in red, there is no doubt.
lol you guys never fail to put a on my face.

i'm not a fan of the red S. teh larger S in gray already stands out. the red S casts too much of a bright shadow over the Carrera 4.

on the narrowbody or any body... i like the longer script of the Carrera more than just the 911. it fills it out better. and i always like the silver script over the black script which looks kinda cheap.

man it's hairsplitsville day here for us! just insane how we're so in love with these cars that we share with each other thoughts on the fuqin BADGE the sticker, the piece o'plastic.

life is pretty all right
Old 03-10-2008, 03:57 PM
exlondoner
Racer

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
lol you guys never fail to put a on my face.

i'm not a fan of the red S. teh larger S in gray already stands out. the red S casts too much of a bright shadow over the Carrera 4.

on the narrowbody or any body... i like the longer script of the Carrera more than just the 911. it fills it out better. and i always like the silver script over the black script which looks kinda cheap.

man it's hairsplitsville day here for us! just insane how we're so in love with these cars that we share with each other thoughts on the fuqin BADGE the sticker, the piece o'plastic.

life is pretty all right
Hey man it's about putting in your own 2 cents, great discussion and whatever you decide to go with is cool!
Old 03-10-2008, 04:03 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by exlondoner
Also just to point out the Millenium Edition came with a 911 on the rear.
But your car is not purple

Like I said, my personal opinion is that the 911 is the best looking one of the bunch, it's the small technicality that it only came on limited edition cars that kills it for me. I'll give you the fact that it't not a huge glaring flaw like putting a GT3 badge on an aero car in that only Porsche people would really know any better, but technically...........

Andy
Old 03-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

slightly off subject5, I think the MK1 GT3 is the most desirable, best looking water cooled 911 . yes the 997 GT3 is second to me in looks. perf wise, you can't really argue, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGyZcCfnYt0

i love this vid. perfect lowered on 19" BBS LMs. perfect. just needs the rear strakes.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:24 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

But your car is not purple
Like I said, my personal opinion is that the 911 is the best looking one of the bunch, it's the small technicality that it only came on limited edition cars that kills it for me. I'll give you the fact that it't not a huge glaring flaw like putting a GT3 badge on an aero car in that only Porsche people would really know any better, but technically...........
Andy
Isn't badging just another form of modding? It is a cosmetic modification. And moving in that direction, we should open another can of worms saying anything nonstock is a no no? This is going around in circles.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:33 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
Isn't badging just another form of modding? It is a cosmetic modification. And moving in that direction, we should open another can of worms saying anything nonstock is a no no? This is going around in circles.
I agree that it's funny that there's soo many different (and strong) opinions on this topic. The worst part is that we argue over something that's basically a personal preference and everyone wants to try to best justify how they feel. In the end it's simple preference and nobody should have the right to tell anyone else that their car is "bad".

I think I get a little touchy over it because there used to be a guy with a Red MKI aero that lived in the same 'burb as me who had horrible chrome wheels on his car with turbo rear offsets that stuck out past the rear fenders and a GT3 badge on the back...annoyed the hell out of me esp since most people who saw the car thought it was mine!

Andy
Old 03-10-2008, 04:34 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

love that video, the Mk1 GT3 CS and the 996 RS, super rare.... all time fav

since we're splitting hairs... Porsche offers the debadging as an option.

BTW.... 4 page discussion for badge-no badge (plus other previous badge-no badge threads)... Like Ben sez, Life is good!
Old 03-10-2008, 04:37 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
Since we're splitting hairs over badges, I will say that the 996 Carrera4S badge is the best looking badge of all-time. That swoopy S that looks like a winding road is absolutely spot-on set off in gray.

I'd never leave that thing off. It fills out the back nicely.

And on the 997C4S I had mine painted by Eric at Bumper Plugs!
Attached Images  
Old 03-10-2008, 04:38 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

I agree that it's funny that there's soo many different (and strong) opinions on this topic. The worst part is that we argue over something that's basically a personal preference and everyone wants to try to best justify how they feel. In the end it's simple preference and nobody should have the right to tell anyone else that their car is "bad".

I think I get a little touchy over it because there used to be a guy with a Red MKI aero that lived in the same 'burb as me who had horrible chrome wheels on his car with turbo rear offsets that stuck out past the rear fenders and a GT3 badge on the back...annoyed the hell out of me esp since most people who saw the car thought it was mine!

Andy
Love your car BTW.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:39 PM
BillJ
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

And I still havent gotten my pic of a Seal Gray carrera without the badge
Old 03-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

It's just us having a second childhood. Remember the old childhood "Nah-ah, Yah-ah" exchanges. It IS fun
Old 03-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

on the 997 c4s, it's ok to do since it's not as big as the 996 S and the same color as the carrera.

now would i spend $ to get it in red? no. just don't care enough for it.

my car came from the factory unbadged. i spent the $70 or so to get teh carrera 4s on there and there is a thread that displays the measurements per my ask.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by BillJ
And I still havent gotten my pic of a Seal Gray carrera without the badge
Post a pic of the back end of your seal grey. I am sure someone here can Phtoshop it. I can even try my hand on it.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:56 PM
exlondoner
Racer

Originally Posted by Palting
It's just us having a second childhood. Remember the old childhood "Nah-ah, Yah-ah" exchanges. It IS fun

i remember those days... on BC's side note the MK1 has always been my favorite, can't wait to finish the car up...

Quick Reply: Debadge or No?