Sponsored by:

Honest Opinions on a set of Wheels Appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Kolshak
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Just find a set of fire damaged wheels and rebuild them - so cheap the wife shouldn't mind the cost and they would match the car better!
Old 02-17-2008, 12:32 PM
hwk72
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark, I wouldn't wear black pants to a dark blue shirt, as I think these two colors don't work together. So, I wouldn't put black wheels on a dark blue car either. If you don't want to go with silver, try gold; some gold wheels like these BBS look pretty cool.
Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2008, 01:35 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the gold - didn't expect it to look so sharp. The black would work - just saw black rims like yours on a C4S in Basalt Black. Looks sharp - so I don't think Blue would be a bad combination.

I'm a purist. +1 on the silver alloy look. Big no on the chrome.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

VWrado, at that price, they are yours...my current bid is $1607.89 I have to factor in the price to have two of the wheels refinished. I couldn't stand to have two painted and two anodised. They are still a great deal at $2050, just more than I am willing to spend right now.Good Luck, I hope you get them. Please post pictures.
Vove, they are 18s.
Tim, I won't have to worry about it now. I was worried about my dark blue and the black also. I knew I could count on your honest opinion, thanks.
DC, it sounds like I will be doing just that.
Steve, I guess I don't have to start looking for one.
Kolshack, ouch....that hurt.
Hwk, I love BBS wheels. The gold would look pretty good. Your comparison to the shirt & pants is a good one. I wouldn't wear it either.
Ultimately, I like the old school; 80s look with the body painted centers on the Fuchs wheels. Some OEM sportdesigns with iris blue painted centers would be just my style and still lighter than the turbo twists.

Thanks again for all the input guys. This place is great, thanks to guys like you.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Hwk, I stand corrected. My wife says she would wear blue and black with a black purse and black stilettos. So I guess with CF mirrors and a CF center section on the taco tail, it might be ok.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:42 PM
vwrado
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mfletch
VWrado, at that price, they are yours...my current bid is $1607.89 I have to factor in the price to have two of the wheels refinished. I couldn't stand to have two painted and two anodised. They are still a great deal at $2050, just more than I am willing to spend right now.Good Luck, I hope you get them. Please post pictures.
Vove, they are 18s.
Tim, I won't have to worry about it now. I was worried about my dark blue and the black also. I knew I could count on your honest opinion, thanks.
DC, it sounds like I will be doing just that.
Steve, I guess I don't have to start looking for one.
Kolshack, ouch....that hurt.
Hwk, I love BBS wheels. The gold would look pretty good. Your comparison to the shirt & pants is a good one. I wouldn't wear it either.
Ultimately, I like the old school; 80s look with the body painted centers on the Fuchs wheels. Some OEM sportdesigns with iris blue painted centers would be just my style and still lighter than the turbo twists.

Thanks again for all the input guys. This place is great, thanks to guys like you.
Thanks, I just didn't was us rennlisters to go on a bidding war so I figured I just let you know how much I was going to bid.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

I guess I will find out how the black wheels look with iris blue. I just won them off ebay for $1759. I will put one side on the car. If I like it, I will have the other two refinished in black. If not, I may have the centers painted iris blue and the outer lip polished. Thanks again for the input guys. I will post pictures with them installed. They probably won't look right till I get the aero kit installed.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats!
Old 02-19-2008, 10:24 PM
ls911
Pro

MFletch
I think it will all look good when done, not a bad combo. Actually black and blue DO go together fine (just look at the lions uniform, they sure look good loosing). Maybe paint both the lips + center iris blue to match the car as another option. It will look hot when done, IMO
Chrome or gold suck

Ludwig
Old 02-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool

I like those. My friend has em on his car. I think they'll look awesome on your car black too.
Attached Images  
Old 02-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. The wheels are sort of a blank canvas at this point. Mike, thanks for the picture....they look stunning on his car. That makes a good argument for body color with a polished lip.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:04 AM
viper501
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mfletch
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the opinions. I think I'm sold. How should I tell wifey???
Don't. She probably isn't going to notice them unless you tell her.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:00 AM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

I'm lucky she is a good sport about my addiction. She is trying to help me figure out what color to paint/polish them.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:35 AM
ghostwriter11
Racer

ABC --- Anything But Chrome.

Here's a quick Photoshop, just to give you an idea of what they might look like. (Black is surprisingly difficult to manipulate in Photoshop.) My own vote might be to paint them body color.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:25 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 262 Posts

Maybe with a polished lip? I like the look.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Honest Opinions on a set of Wheels Appreciated