MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

God, I want one.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:37 PM
ls911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UFO, I was hoping the vandals would not "break the camels back" and the 996 experience would turn around for you.
Shame you could not get the enjoyment of your 996 with the brand new engine. Your new EVO does look good but IMO does not compare, inside or out, to a 996. It is a different category of car, not a fair comparison.
I think that the 996 was not your thing from the get go (going by your past posts) you seemed disappointed in the performance of it from early on.

Good luck to you, I do hope the EVO brings you car peace
Old 02-17-2008, 04:16 AM
UFO007
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls911
UFO, I was hoping the vandals would not "break the camels back" and the 996 experience would turn around for you.
Shame you could not get the enjoyment of your 996 with the brand new engine. Your new EVO does look good but IMO does not compare, inside or out, to a 996. It is a different category of car, not a fair comparison.
I think that the 996 was not your thing from the get go (going by your past posts) you seemed disappointed in the performance of it from early on.

Good luck to you, I do hope the EVO brings you car peace
I disagree with the interior: the Evo is a much more comfortable car. The seats in the Evo X blow the 996 (non-sports seats) away and the interior on the X is somewhat pleasant. The interior of the 996 is severely lacking for a car that stickered over $80K and mine had more rattles than a tin can full of marbles. I'm disappointed in the performance of the new Evo too, but it's somewhat cheap to mod unlike the Porsche. Now, having said all that, I see myself in another Porsche some day (maybe in the not too distant future) but it will definitely be a 997S next time around.

I don't hate the 996, I just hated mine.

Quick Reply: So long and thanks for all the fish