Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

I am relocating so my car is no longer for sale...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Rolla
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats on the new job! Sorry to hear about the loss of P-Car
Old 02-14-2008, 11:45 AM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

hey tim 2-25 is my birthday what a coincidence..good luck on your move and on your new position. btw what type of work do you do...
Old 02-14-2008, 12:02 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by manny_g
hey tim 2-25 is my birthday what a coincidence..good luck on your move and on your new position. btw what type of work do you do...
Here is another coincidence... I received the job offer on 2-11.... which is my birthday. It was a great birthday present!
Old 02-14-2008, 12:22 PM
RyeHigh
Buns Up
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gota911
Here is another coincidence... I received the job offer on 2-11.... which is my birthday. It was a great birthday present!
and your last post was at 11:02...
Old 02-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats w/ job and the move to Texas. Enjoy your Pcar as much as you can before lease ends.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Been in and out, Tim. Just saw this. WOW! Congrats, and I am sad to see you go as well.

Glad we got a chance to meet. Good luck friend!

C.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:58 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Chads996
Been in and out, Tim. Just saw this. WOW! Congrats, and I am sad to see you go as well.

Glad we got a chance to meet. Good luck friend!

C.
Chad,

Thanks, and I enjoyed meeting you as well!

Tim
Old 02-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Because of the move to Dallas, my 2004 C2 is no longer for sale. I have 3 months left on the lease and I have decided to turn it back to the leasing company at lease end. I will remove most, if not all, of the mods (mostly cosmetic) I have done to the car prior to returning it in May. I will be offering those items for sale on Rennlist at that time.
Tim, what you NEED in Dallas is a pristine S4!! I just happen to have one here in Philly ....
Old 02-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Tim, what you NEED in Dallas is a pristine S4!! I just happen to have one here in Philly ....
You know I'd starting to think that Phil has an inner loathing of all nice cars. ... time for another visit to the shrink.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Stefan Richter
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
You know I'd starting to think that Phil has an inner loathing of all nice cars. ... time for another visit to the shrink.
Didn't Phil write that his brother is a shrink, and that his "car issues" are in fact much worse. I think they need an intervention. I smell a couple of new Prius.

Stefan
Old 02-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Stefan Richter
Didn't Phil write that his brother is a shrink, and that his "car issues" are in fact much worse. I think they need an intervention. I smell a couple of new Prius.

Stefan
Actually, I could easily see Phil in a Prius.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:30 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

I don't think it is a loathing, I think Phil has a split personality (OMG, two Phils! ). The two personalities talk and agree to buy a car. Then the dominant one says "We aren't going to drive it though." The lesser personality starts to push hard to drive the car and wins occasionally, which pissed off the dominant one, so he decides to sell the car. It is an eternal struggle, and we get to view it first hand on Rennlist. But thankfully for most of us, we do so from afar.

Last edited by gota911; 02-15-2008 at 12:33 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:21 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Actually, I could easily see Phil in a Prius.
Hey Wayne - where have you been. I've been in Wellard-withdrawal. Your Prius comment is below the belt - no pun intended. I'm a "green" guy, but I think I could even convince Al Gore that the Prius is just "not me." BTW, got my S4 back from the dealership - I've weighing my options - the dealer fixed pretty much everything, but the experience has left a bad taste in my mouth for the car, so I'm still leaning towards switching it to a TT roadster. And between my therapy and my brother being a shrink, our mutual therapist is now looking at electric orange Murcielagos. He'll import it here from Italy of course while vacationing on the Riviera.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:23 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

But thankfully for most of us, we do so from afar.
My wife wishes she could say that, too.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:39 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Hey Wayne - where have you been. I've been in Wellard-withdrawal. Your Prius comment is below the belt - no pun intended. I'm a "green" guy, but I think I could even convince Al Gore that the Prius is just "not me." BTW, got my S4 back from the dealership - I've weighing my options - the dealer fixed pretty much everything, but the experience has left a bad taste in my mouth for the car, so I'm still leaning towards switching it to a TT roadster. And between my therapy and my brother being a shrink, our mutual therapist is now looking at electric orange Murcielagos. He'll import it here from Italy of course while vacationing on the Riviera.

Your therapist also mentioned that after he got the Murcielago, he thought a Bugatti Veyron was probably attainable within the next 9 to 12 months, especially if you "borrow" your brother's 987 and drive it to Charlotte for the Porsche Parade.

I can see it now..... you pick up the Boxster with 200 miles on the clock. You drive to Charlotte and return the car to your brother with 1,450 on it. When your brother checks out the car upon its return home, he gives you THE LOOK! Your response is "WHAT?????? I filled up the tank!!" This will result in weekly individual and joint therapy sessions, which would continue indefinitely. Veyron in his heated and air conditioned garage within 12 months, guaranteed!

BTW, have you analyzed the word therapist? By simply adding one space, you get "the rapist."

Quick Reply: I am relocating so my car is no longer for sale...