Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

I am relocating so my car is no longer for sale...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 08:10 PM
omnipresent
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Tim - when you get settled and have a chance, PM me and I'll introduce you to my tech at Ruf..Where are you going to be in Dallas? As I noted in another post, you've got the perfect color combo for a Dallasite!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:30 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I leave TX and head to North Carolina and one of the first people I meet on my way (literally) into the state for the first time is YOU! And now you cruise from NC to TX? JEALOUS!!!!! Just kidding, I love living here but will always be a Texan! Great having dinner with you and getting to know you over the last couple years. I'll definitely look you up next time I am back in Dallas so we can grab dinner again.

Best of luck in your new endeavor!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 10:02 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by SC996
Even though I'm new and didn't get to know you, I hate to see a local go. Congrats on the new opportunity!! So...when will you conduct interviews to see who you will pass the torch of pic police to? (which I cruised under the radar and didn't do)
Excuse me for a second guys. I need to take care of a little business here.

WTF????? How the helll did you get buy me!!!

<ahem> <Tim clears his throat>

Come on Newbie, post the !@$%^&* pics!!!

<Tim thinks to himself, "Yup, I've still got it!">

Old 02-12-2008, 10:17 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Guys, thanks for all of the kind wishes! I am truly overwhelmed by the responses... really!

Just to clarify one point, you guys aren't going to get rid of me that easily. The last time I checked, they DO have internet connections in Texas! I may be out of the loop for a few days during the trip to Dallas and while I await the arrival of my new computer in Dallas.

Thanks again guys, I really do appreciate the best wishes!
Old 02-12-2008, 10:26 PM
shustermeister
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Best of luck with the move and the new job, Tim! Thanks for your help with the B&M install and all the other advice over the past 8 months or so!
Adam
Old 02-12-2008, 10:31 PM
SC996
Instructor

OK, check the forum, I'm now in compliance! Man...the pressure is gone.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:32 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Just to clarify one point, you guys aren't going to get rid of me that easily. The last time I checked, they DO have internet connections in Texas! I may be out of the loop for a few days during the trip to Dallas and while I await the arrival of my new computer in Dallas.
They do, but it takes forever to load as the words come out slower and get stretched out more... pages in the Northeast are snappy and don't mess around.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:39 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations on your new job, Tim. You're an icon here, and I hope your return soon. I was a consultant as the last recession occurred. I'm sure you'll be back with another Porsche soon. Out of respect for you, here's a pic that I should have posted a while ago.

Bob
Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2008, 10:43 PM
russcan
Instructor

Originally Posted by gota911
Guys, thanks for all of the kind wishes! I am truly overwhelmed by the responses... really!

Thanks again guys, I really do appreciate the best wishes!
Wish you the best friend. Good luck with the new venture. People like you who reach out to help people will always have good things coming in the future. You have helped me out many times in the past and thank you for that.

Russ
Old 02-12-2008, 11:09 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

best luck to your new position!
what's your buy out at the lease end? it might make sense to just buy the car instead getting another one.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Good luck in the new venture, Tim.

And, at the risk of being flamed, I truly believe that there is a Porsche for most every budget.

There's nothing wrong with picking up a sound 944 for $5k! It's still a Porsche and, while not nearly as fast as a 996, it will never fail to put a smile on your face!

Saying, "Well, if I can't have a 996 (or 997), then I don't want any Porsche!" is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:20 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Van
Good luck in the new venture, Tim.

And, at the risk of being flamed, I truly believe that there is a Porsche for most every budget.

There's nothing wrong with picking up a sound 944 for $5k! It's still a Porsche and, while not nearly as fast as a 996, it will never fail to put a smile on your face!

Saying, "Well, if I can't have a 996 (or 997), then I don't want any Porsche!" is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
if u HAVE to buy a miata, please consider 986 first.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Congratulations Tim on your new job - I am very happy for you!
Old 02-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by pl
if u HAVE to buy a miata, please consider 986 first.
A nice Boxster, while half as much as a 996, is still twice what a 944 is... Again, there's one for every budget! And they're all agile, fun, decent cars!
Old 02-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Tim, congratulations on your new job. I hope you enjoy it. I'm sorry to hear that you have probably had a stressful last year. Maybe your next 911 will be a turbo. Don't go Porsche-less for long....life is too short. Good luck.

Quick Reply: I am relocating so my car is no longer for sale...