Is it the LWFW that stalls my engine?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:43 PM
hwk72
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chsu74
Harold,

I am experiencing the same issue with my car going from highway speeds and stopping quickly without down shifting. The issue came after installing a racing throttle body when my stock unit gave out (ECU parameters had to be reprogrammed for the larger throttle body.) RPM would fall quickly and bounce at around 450RPM and struggle to stay running. For the time being, I just pop the clutch to restart if it stalls (crappy fix.)

It does not happen when traveling slower than 45MPH and I don't think I have LWFW.

Hope you find a fix for it. I am getting it looked at when I take it in for the spring tune up and will update accordingly.
Sounds like a similar issue which brings me to the point to believe that it's an air intake (air volume) thing (MAF). I'll bring my car to the shop where they did the GIAC ECU flash and they'll put the car back to stock to see if the issue goes away. GIAC has one extra module for the flash which is related to the EVO CAI. They installed this module on my car although I've a K&N CAI and not an EVO but I don't think that's the reason for the problem. I'll keep you posted.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:43 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 260 Posts

hmm. I have the 1st gen EVO CAI. I just have a cone filter so the air volume should not be less. It would be more.

Perhaps I should return it to stock and see what happens. I love hearing the engine scream over 5K RPM though..

If the CAI is the issue, I will miss it.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:20 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LWFW should not be an issue on a 996
Old 02-13-2008, 09:25 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Its true some LWFW can cause the stall, If you get the car flashed make sure you tell the tuner. I recall when ppl first started doing this mod lots of ppl has this same complaint.Now in my 04 C2 i installed a LWFW and did not have the issue, while my friend with an 02 did the same flywheel and it had the stalling problem. He ended up getting repaired by getting a flash..I think it was a EVO or GIAC.

Quick Reply: Is it the LWFW that stalls my engine?