Time for a PA/NJ/NY Spring Fling?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 12:56 PM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redridge
Anthony, nice pics... Ill see you this weekends' drive
Did I miss something? What is this weekend's drive..the trip to Hershey?
Old 04-22-2008, 01:03 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,244 Likes on 1,333 Posts

Originally Posted by VGM911
Did I miss something? What is this weekend's drive..the trip to Hershey?
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...26#post5337826
Old 06-13-2008, 01:45 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

I'm going to be in Philadelphia this weekend (leaving NYC right this second), if any o you Eastern PA Rennlisters wouldn't mind recommending a nice long drive or someplace fun and siren-free to drive tomorrow, I'd be greatly appreciative. PM me!
Old 06-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by htny
I'm going to be in Philadelphia this weekend (leaving NYC right this second), if any o you Eastern PA Rennlisters wouldn't mind recommending a nice long drive or someplace fun and siren-free to drive tomorrow, I'd be greatly appreciative. PM me!
PM sent - have fun playing down by the Delaware River and you'll love Longwood... well, you will if you're into pretty gardens with lots of flowers.

Have fun!
Old 06-16-2008, 06:42 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
PM sent - have fun playing down by the Delaware River and you'll love Longwood... well, you will if you're into pretty gardens with lots of flowers.

Have fun!
Had a great trip, really nice this time of year, much thanks to Wellardmac for some solid advice.

After some major inebriated skirt chasing all around Philly Friday night, capped off by a deceptively strong female homeless amputee jumping onto the hood of our cab at 4AM in front of some place called Mansion, we made the drive out to Longwood Gardens. (well not right away).

Perfect. Serene. Love the place, hadn't been in years. For those who haven't been it's a conservatory built by Pierre DuPont back in the roaring 20s/not so roaring 30s, and features a lot of very exotic plant life from all over the world. It's a very relaxing place for guys like me who live in multiple urban jungles most of the year. Would have taken a bunch of P-pics if it weren't for the torrential downpour toward the end. What I have is attached.

And after getting our fill of the finest flora in Eastern Pennsylvania, we got to see some wonderful fauna while we waited out the rain.

Crappy bonus shots included from Philly on the street, parking garage, etc

Last edited by htny; 03-07-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Nice! Thanks for posting photos and I'm glad that you had a good time... I see that you hit Hooters... I'm guessing that was the one on Rte. 1.

I need to figure out an excuse for a Porsche get-together at Hooters.... if only a meet and greet there's nothing better than hot cars, hot wings and hot women.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:42 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

Nice! Thanks for posting photos and I'm glad that you had a good time... I see that you hit Hooters... I'm guessing that was the one on Rte. 1.

I need to figure out an excuse for a Porsche get-together at Hooters.... if only a meet and greet there's nothing better than hot cars, hot wings and hot women.
That's the one. Best looking girls I saw all weekend. I'd never been to a hooters before (I'm a city boy), so imagine my surprise when I see families sitting down to dinner with their 10 year old sons and 13 year old daughters.

I have to say I always thought the champagne and wings thing was actually a joke, I'll bring my appetite and a designated driver next time
Old 06-16-2008, 07:52 PM
NNH
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in!! I'll head up from Delaware.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by htny
That's the one. Best looking girls I saw all weekend. I'd never been to a hooters before (I'm a city boy), so imagine my surprise when I see families sitting down to dinner with their 10 year old sons and 13 year old daughters.

I have to say I always thought the champagne and wings thing was actually a joke, I'll bring my appetite and a designated driver next time
I love hooters - they do an awesome buffalo chicken sandwich. My wife goes there all the time with friends from work... sadly I never get a chance to go there.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by NNH
I'm in!! I'll head up from Delaware.
Okay, let's float this one and see how many nibbles we get... I'll start a thread.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:01 PM
htny
Three Wheelin'

I'm going to memorize the buffalo chicken sandwich thing in case anyone asks.

Quick Reply: Time for a PA/NJ/NY Spring Fling?