Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Time for a PA/NJ/NY Spring Fling?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008 | 03:33 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Here's a selection of my favorite photos.

Thanks to all those who joined us from Long Island and Manhattan - it was great to have you with us - it always amazes me that you guys drive 3 hours to get to us, but we're glad that you do!

Last edited by Wellardmac; 08-31-2008 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-19-2008 | 03:35 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
Okay, here's the photo that you've all been waiting for - Phil with his beautiful C4S.

If you look closely at the front bumper you'll see that it's covered with squished bugs, thereby proving that he did indeed drive it today!
Look at all that gray - and I don't mean the car! That must be my father.

I want to assure you that the car has been scrubbed - bugs are gone and car is relaxing in it's bed. Enough for one day! Thanks again for a great day in NJ/PA!!
Old 04-19-2008 | 03:37 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Thanks to Wayne for planning and executing a superb Porsche event! It was my first, and it certainly won't be my last. DAMN, these cars are great, fast, and incredibly fun to drive! I had a blast - me and my car are still in a sweat! Tons of cars (I think there were 65 Porsches there), enthusiasts, a fabulous route, and absolutely perfect weather. What more can I say? Congrats for a job truly well done!
Look at all that gray - and I don't mean the car! That must be my father.

I want to assure you that the car has been scrubbed - bugs are gone and car is relaxing in it's bed. Enough for one day! Thanks again for a great day in NJ/PA!!

Already? Mine is sitting in a garage, I'll scrub the bugs off the bumper tomorrow. I'm too tired to do it now... plus my neighbors already think that I'm a freak for washing my car - twice in 24 hours would be pushing it.

Phil, sorry that you had to run, it would have been great to have you join us for lunch.
Old 04-19-2008 | 03:44 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Already? Mine is sitting in a garage, I'll scrub the bugs off the bumper tomorrow. I'm too tired to do it now... plus my neighbors already think that I'm a freak for washing my car - twice in 24 hours would be pushing it.

Phil, sorry that you had to run, it would have been great to have you join us for lunch.
Yep, all clean - especially after your squashed bug observation! Next time I'll join you for lunch - I appreciate the invite. BTW, your car looked great - I really think the wheels are perfect with the white car.
Old 04-19-2008 | 04:08 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Yep, all clean - especially after your squashed bug observation! Next time I'll join you for lunch - I appreciate the invite. BTW, your car looked great - I really think the wheels are perfect with the white car.
Thanks!

Yeah, it would have been to chat some more, but I knew that you and Curt had other obligations.

More photos now posted here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wellardmac/
Old 04-19-2008 | 08:42 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

BTW, I thought that you said that you were bringing your wife?
Old 04-20-2008 | 08:25 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

BTW, I thought that you said that you were bringing your wife?
Nope - she had other plans yesterday, plus she claims the Porsche makes her carsick. And, when I told her I topped 105 MPH on one of the strights, she didn't seem that eager to do one of these runs with me - at least not in this car. But, she looked over the route you put together, and wants to run it in the Audi TT when it comes in June. I'd rather run it in the Porsche, but a sunny day in the roadster will be fun. Upper Bucks County in the Spring is just gorgeous. Incredible route.
Old 04-20-2008 | 09:47 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Nope - she had other plans yesterday, plus she claims the Porsche makes her carsick. And, when I told her I topped 105 MPH on one of the strights, she didn't seem that eager to do one of these runs with me - at least not in this car. But, she looked over the route you put together, and wants to run it in the Audi TT when it comes in June. I'd rather run it in the Porsche, but a sunny day in the roadster will be fun. Upper Bucks County in the Spring is just gorgeous. Incredible route.

I'm impressed! Being at the front I don't get to go that fast. I need to find a drive hosted by someone else so that I can enjoy the drive, rather than focusing on keeping the pack together.

So, let me guess you hit your top speed on rte 563?
Old 04-20-2008 | 09:54 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

So, let me guess you hit your top speed on rte 563?
Since my wife usually navigates (I have zero sense of direction), I have no clue where I was But, it was on the second leg of the run shortly after we exited the marina. At >100MPH, this car is firmly planted and incredible secure.
Old 04-20-2008 | 10:31 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Since my wife usually navigates (I have zero sense of direction), I have no clue where I was But, it was on the second leg of the run shortly after we exited the marina. At >100MPH, this car is firmly planted and incredible secure.
Yup, that sounds like rt3 563. That's one of my favorite roads for putting my foot down - nice and wide and straight.

Last edited by Wellardmac; 04-20-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-20-2008 | 08:37 PM
ppashley
Burning Brakes

Hey Wayne - Thanks for organizing!

I kept a low profile as was nursing a hangover - I didn't get in until 1am, and then was up at 5am for the drive down from manhattan.

Still great great drive, truly splendid scenery, and I really enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks for organizing. Hope your better half is feeling better......

Cheers

Phil
Old 04-20-2008 | 08:59 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ppashley
Hey Wayne - Thanks for organizing!

I kept a low profile as was nursing a hangover - I didn't get in until 1am, and then was up at 5am for the drive down from manhattan.

Still great great drive, truly splendid scenery, and I really enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks for organizing. Hope your better half is feeling better......

Cheers

Phil
Phil,
Thanks! I was wondering if you made it. I was looking through my photos to see if I captured an image of your car but sadly I guess you were able to hide in the crowd.

I'm glad that you were able to make it for one last trek around the countryside. It's good that you had fun, despite the hangover and lack of sleep.
Old 04-22-2008 | 10:28 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Didn't realize my friend Nelson was taking pictures until i looked at my camera. Maybe has something to do with why we got lost. LOL

So here is what I have.

Mine was the 928GTS in the last picture. Actually was the perfect choice for those roads. I am so glad I did not bring the turbo I would have been pulled over for sure.

Not to mention that I was over served the night before myself .
Attached Images        
Old 04-22-2008 | 10:48 AM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Anthony, nice pics... Ill see you this weekends' drive
Old 04-22-2008 | 11:30 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by redridge
Anthony, nice pics... Ill see you this weekends' drive
Great, I should have the turbo ready for this next one.

Quick Reply: Time for a PA/NJ/NY Spring Fling?