Sponsored by:

New 996: Bought in Colorado, driven to Tucson

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:38 AM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by jsmirand
Thank you. As a new 911 owner, I haven't had time to think about mods. It's fairly stock, 18 inch tires, Bose stereo, full leather, some aluminum finish. I'm still too busy enjoying the heck out of it and haven't thought about any changes yet. I've had/have some reasonably nice cars over the years, Nissan 300ZX, MB 320, MB SLK 230, 2006 BMW 330, but this one by far is the most enjoyable ride.

I am thinking about harvesting the pumpkins off the side, but if reflexively that is the thing to do these days, along with adding aluminum pedals, maybe its time to hang on to the orange markers?

Either way, what a fun ride! I can't wait to continue enjoying it over 2008!
I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would care what color the marker lights on the side of the car are! Seems...arbitrary.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:42 AM
ls911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tooloud10
I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would care what color the marker lights on the side of the car are! Seems...arbitrary.
I know it is a matter of taste.
Personally I knew nothing of the clear markers until it was pointed out to me (rennlist). For $30.00 or so I got a set. turned out to be the best mod for the money I have ever done, cleaner look.
As far as I know they come out with clear markers from factory in Europe, import to US in orange due to a law in one state (?).
I think it is worth having a set to switch, and if orange is preferred switch back. The and time involved would be insignificant.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:33 PM
lanny
Racer

John- did you buy from Porsche of Colorado Springs? Thats where I bought and had a great experience and I had to drive all the way to Denver
Old 01-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Wecome to the club John. Nice to hear you drove your new(to you) Porsche all the way home...bet you were like a little kid at Christmas every mile you drove. Partial to black myself.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:23 PM
jsmirand
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you all for the welcome.

Ianny - Yes, I bought my Porsche at Colorado Springs Porsche and it was a good buying experience. I negotiated by telephone before arriving, so the pick up process itself was enjoyable: Take a 1 way flight from Tucson to Colorado, then drive home over 3 days. This car was CPO, so that provided/provides another measure of peace of mind that I found important to me.

As fun as that drive was, who knows, maybe I should drive it back to Colorado Springs for a future oil change?
Old 01-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Nat
Instructor

Nice pics of the 2004 TdF on your website!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the "family"....nice car and some great shots. I especially liked the shot in the desert...that must have been a great drive back to Tucson. I attended U of A back when!!

Chuck
Old 01-18-2008, 12:30 AM
John Henry III - AZ
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhh, I bought my C4S in Boulder this past June and took alot of heat on this board for not driving it back to Phoenix. I did get to drive it around Boulder for a day before I put it on the car carrier. What a beautiful city.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:53 PM
tps22
6th Gear

Originally Posted by jsmirand
Hello fellow P fans,

Fairly new to me (about 2 months) 2003 C4 I purchased in Colorado Springs, had to drive it back home to Tucson, Arizona (some sacrifice). It was an amazing drive through amazing country. Wide open roads. A few pictures to share, I hope you enjoy. I sure did! I want to take my 911 back through those roads in 2008 sometime.

I created a short write up, somewhat cheesy, but hey, I'm having fun with it:
http://www.johnmiranda.com/porsche.htm

John
Sorry to dig up an old post, but this is very close to the first thing I did when I bought my 996 C4. I just went the other way, from Tucson to the Four Corners area. Then on to Colorado Springs with family, but not in the Porsche.
It was a great introduction to the car; the stretch through the Salt River Canyon by itself makes the trip worthwhile.

Quick Reply: New 996: Bought in Colorado, driven to Tucson