996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

911 pirate

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 02:43 PM
joesmoe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where can i get a airbag deactivation kit?
Old 01-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

I have the Britax Starrisers, but believe they have been replaced by the Brirax Parkway (we have two of those in my wife's car). They fit perfectly. Take both seat backs and sea cushions out, so you have as much space as possible.
Attached Images    
Old 01-19-2008, 12:54 PM
shustermeister
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Repeat earlier thread, these are booster seats that use the factory 3-point belts in the back. Are these as safe as a 5-point integrated belt in most child-seats?
Old 01-19-2008, 01:19 PM
joesmoe
Instructor

anyone selling the star riser? i've got one but need another now
Old 03-31-2008, 01:19 PM
911pirate
Intermediate

I am still searching for two booster /car seats to fit a in the back seat of a 99 911 cab, any suggestion of current models?
Old 03-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

The Recaro Young Sport is the best child seat out there.

http://www.recarochildseat.com/Recar...FQQtswod6wftQg

There have been several discussions on this seat over the last couple of years, so a quick search will turn up the thread. Several of us here have them and swear by them.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:02 PM
911pirate
Intermediate

Does anyone know if the cosco summit high back booster or the Betrix monarch booster seat will fit in the back seat of 911/996 cab?
Old 04-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Patrick E
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm always puzzled by these threads. My understanding is that children under 40 pounds and/or 4 years old should remain in regular, full harness child seats. Yet it seems as if a lot of people have their 2 or 3 year olds in boosters. What am I missing? I personally would not put my 2 1/2 year old in a booster seat, but to each his own I guess.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Patrick E
I'm always puzzled by these threads. My understanding is that children under 40 pounds and/or 4 years old should remain in regular, full harness child seats. Yet it seems as if a lot of people have their 2 or 3 year olds in boosters. What am I missing? I personally would not put my 2 1/2 year old in a booster seat, but to each his own I guess.
That's because there are boosters out there designed for 30lbs and 3 years of age... like this one:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...#prod_prodinfo
Old 04-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Patrick E
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
That's because there are boosters out there designed for 30lbs and 3 years of age... like this one:

I did not know that... thanks. Maybe my son will be riding in the 996 sooner than expected.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:05 AM
911pirate
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Wellardmac

I agree the Recaro seems to one of the best. These systems are not what I think of as a “true” booster seat. Many of them still use a 5 point harness until the child reaches an appropriate age/weight. A more accurate term for many of the seats is “convertible” they start as a high back, highly restrictive safety seat and if you wish as the child gets older it converts to what most of us think of as a booster. This will be the parent’s decision as to when and if that occurs. Wish I had investigated seats more thoroughly years ago when we spent a small fortune on just “car seats”. My twin boys will soon be 4 and weigh about 38 lbs. They like to try and escape their seats now. I will keep them buckled in for a while.
I spoke with Recaro tech department yesterday and they claimed the width at the narrowest portion of the seat base is 16.5 inches. With the seat – bottom “in “the width of the available area is 14 inches and with the seat bottom “out” the width shrinks to 12.5”. I live in a small town 1.5 hrs away from a large city; therefore, I am trying to resolve this and purchase the seats on the internet. I understand, from reading on this thread that the seats in the cab may be different than in the coupe. I welcome all advice on this matter.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:06 AM
911pirate
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Patrick E
I agree the Recaro seems to one of the best. These systems are not what I think of as a “true” booster seat. Many of them still use a 5 point harness until the child reaches an appropriate age/weight. A more accurate term for many of the seats is “convertible” they start as a high back, highly restrictive safety seat and if you wish as the child gets older it converts to what most of us think of as a booster. This will be the parent’s decision as to when and if that occurs. Wish I had investigated seats more thoroughly years ago when we spent a small fortune on just “car seats”. My twin boys will soon be 4 and weigh about 38 lbs. They like to try and escape their seats now. I will keep them buckled in for a while.
I spoke with Recaro tech department yesterday and they claimed the width at the narrowest portion of the seat base is 16.5 inches. With the seat – bottom “in “the width of the available area is 14 inches and with the seat bottom “out” the width shrinks to 12.5”. I live in a small town 1.5 hrs away from a large city; therefore, I am trying to resolve this and purchase the seats on the internet. I understand, from reading on this thread that the seats in the cab may be different than in the coupe. I welcome all advice on this matter.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:44 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

The Recaro young sport will not fit in the back of a 911. Not even close. I have 2 of them in my X5 and they are the best seat made but just wont fit. I also have 2 of the new Reacro Vivo light booster seats in my subaru. They also wont fit in the back of a 911 w/o cutting up the base. I do highly suggest these for your other cars though. I ended up buying the fisher price ones for my 993. I did have to cut the bases a bit to get them to fit well.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:53 AM
911pirate
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CarreraX
The Recaro young sport will not fit in the back of a 911. Not even close. I have 2 of them in my X5 and they are the best seat made but just wont fit. I also have 2 of the new Reacro Vivo light booster seats in my subaru. They also wont fit in the back of a 911 w/o cutting up the base. I do highly suggest these for your other cars though. I ended up buying the fisher price ones for my 993. I did have to cut the bases a bit to get them to fit well.
Thanks, I am also trying to get in touch with Britax. It seems their older models do fit
Old 04-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CarreraX
You're not trying hard enough.

I have one in the back of my 996 and it fits fine. Take the recline adjuster bar off and you'll have no problems.

As for width - I measured mine as 17" wide at the front - I was measuring it, as I'll be taking it on a transatlantic flight with my toddler later this month and had to measure it and the airline seat to ensure that it fit okay.

Quick Reply: 911 pirate