Sponsored by:

Cab windscreen case and question

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 02:29 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cab windscreen case and question

I just purchased a windscreen form my 2000 cab from eBay, but I would like a carrying case. Does anyone have one they would be interested in selling or know where I could get one?

I tried a dealer, but they had "something" for $176, which I can only assume included the spare tire case as well, who knows, but I paid less than that for the windscreen...

Also, I am not real clear on this, but does anyone know why the windscreen or wind deflector is the same on a C2 or C4, but the prices are different? Is it the carrying case?

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Dharn55
Drifting

Received 174 Likes on 107 Posts

I have one for a C2 that I don't use as my car is a C4. I will sell it for $20.00. The one for a C4 is different as it snaps on to the cover over the 4-wheel drive mechanism.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:04 PM
hwk72
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah, now I know what the bottons on the carrying case are for! I got a used windscreen for my C2 - from a C4; interesting!

You'll love the windscreen as soon as it's a little warmer outside DFC!
Old 01-04-2008, 10:23 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dharn55
I have one for a C2 that I don't use as my car is a C4. I will sell it for $20.00. The one for a C4 is different as it snaps on to the cover over the 4-wheel drive mechanism.
Thanks Dharn55, I thought there was a difference, and that explains it. PM Sent on the cover.

Originally Posted by hwk72
Ah, now I know what the bottons on the carrying case are for! I got a used windscreen for my C2 - from a C4; interesting!

You'll love the windscreen as soon as it's a little warmer outside DFC!
I am looking forward to trying it out. After searching previous threads, most seem to prefer the windscreen, and maybe it will extend my top down season a bit! Hopefully I can take some long trips with the top down and not feel wiped out when I reach my destination.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:41 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

DOn

I don't have a Cab but I recall reading that you have to be careful not to put the seat too far back with the windscreed installed. There were a couple of guys on the 997 forum that scratched the seat back on the windscreen and I think one guy actually broke the windscreen. If you are not really tall, this may not be an issue. Just a "heads up" to keep this from happening to you.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:31 AM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gota911
DOn

I don't have a Cab but I recall reading that you have to be careful not to put the seat too far back with the windscreed installed. There were a couple of guys on the 997 forum that scratched the seat back on the windscreen and I think one guy actually broke the windscreen. If you are not really tall, this may not be an issue. Just a "heads up" to keep this from happening to you.
Thanks for the head's up Tim.

When I first bought my car, I planned to get a windscreen, but my seat back was in line with the windscreen sockets (I am around 6"1") so I decided it wouldn't work and gave up. After some seat time, my seat position has changed and no longer blocks the windscreen sockets - but I will have to be careful since it is close.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Botsy67
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I also bought my windscreen used locally and really love it with the top down. The wind noise is greatly reduced when all windows are up (including the rears) and windscreen attached. Beside the front seat warning from Tim, I would also caution on the 2 retracting pins that fit into the side of the rear seat area as they can easily scratch or dent the delicate leather. My leather in that area was already all sratched-up and dented by these windscreen's pins, but did not originally know what did it, now I know... Be careful about hat if your car never see this windscreen before. Cheers.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:37 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Botsy67
I also bought my windscreen used locally and really love it with the top down. The wind noise is greatly reduced when all windows are up (including the rears) and windscreen attached. Beside the front seat warning from Tim, I would also caution on the 2 retracting pins that fit into the side of the rear seat area as they can easily scratch or dent the delicate leather. My leather in that area was already all sratched-up and dented by these windscreen's pins, but did not originally know what did it, now I know... Be careful about hat if your car never see this windscreen before. Cheers.

Thanks, more good advice. I will make sure that I take my time when I install/remove the windscreen.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:00 AM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Does anyone have any pics of the cases and how they attach in the trunk for a C2 and a C4?
Old 01-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Dharn55
Drifting

Received 174 Likes on 107 Posts

I don't have pics but in a C2 the cover has two sections, on to hold the windscreen and another that fits over the spare tire with elastic to hold it on. In a C4 the spare is hidden under a panle on the bottom of the trunk so the cover has snaps that snap it onto the top of the 4 wheel drive comparment.

Quick Reply: Cab windscreen case and question