Sponsored by:

What's with the new PCA Forum?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 09:28 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Club Goomba??? Why not Club Gumby or Club Spongebob. Club Goomba........ yeah that will bring a lot of Porsche guys to thier site.

Last edited by gota911; 01-09-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:50 PM
catchacab
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To night on TV the PCA aired. Oh, that is the People Choice Awards.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Nothing says Porsche like "Clubgoomba"

eh...what?

Old 01-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky
Nothing says Porsche like "Clubgoomba"

eh...what?

Hey, they got 3 new members in the last week! Up to 147! Maybe this Clubgoomba is on to something!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:35 PM
smankow
Pro

Originally Posted by Holger B
This should settle the debate. It looks like they folded the tent...PCAForums is now CLUB GOOMBA!

Just when you thought they learned a valuable lesson, this time they ripped off a video game character for their logo.

??????????????????????

where did you see their logo?
Old 01-09-2008, 02:09 PM
carpundit
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by smankow
Harold, very well stated. I actually did sign up for their site AFTER all of the mess with Phil and the boys and really had no problem with them or the site. I posted legitimate posts and received good replies.

and Phil, you need to get over the "REAL PCA" comments. Despite what your buddy Wayne may think, they do not have sole use of the letters PCA. Do you hear CPA's complaining that the Central PA region uses cpa-pca as their address? Certainly CPA letters are much more well known than PCA, especially during tax time.
Steve
Steve,
Your continued obtuseness on this issue leads me to conclude that you may be a friend or relative of the pcaforums/clubgoomba founders. I don't see any other explanation for your being so completely clueless, fixated as you are on the single notion that "PCA" can stand for more than one thing.

I'll try one last time: Yes, we know PCA can mean lots of things. But in the context of auto enthusiasm, it mean Porsche Club of America. The founders of that forum knew it, and they were trying to confuse people.
CP
Old 01-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Of all the acronyms and names to use for a forum, why PCA? Because they used the name (acronym) recognition and well known reputation of the PCA for their own benefit. Sounds like copyright infringement to me.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Harold, very well stated. I actually did sign up for their site AFTER all of the mess with Phil and the boys and really had no problem with them or the site. I posted legitimate posts and received good replies.

and Phil, you need to get over the "REAL PCA" comments. Despite what your buddy Wayne may think, they do not have sole use of the letters PCA. Do you hear CPA's complaining that the Central PA region uses cpa-pca as their address? Certainly CPA letters are much more well known than PCA, especially during tax time.

Steve
Attached Images  
Old 01-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

??????????????????????

where did you see their logo?
When I first saw it, there was just "Club Goomba" in a different font with the Mario Brothers character (Luigi?) sitting on the G wearing an open face racing helmet and no car pics.

Maybe they read my post and smartened up.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Rolla
Advanced

Is this thread dead yet? If not it should be. :-D
Old 01-09-2008, 05:29 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Oh Crap, Rob! My special order 2008 997 S with X-51 package was on that ship! What am I gonna do now????

Oh wait.... I've got it!

Hey, 'Gant, I got a brand new 997S I can sell ya! Clean Carfax, too!
Old 01-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Oh Crap, Rob! My special order 2008 997 S with X-51 package was on that ship! What am I gonna do now????

Oh wait.... I've got it!

Hey, 'Gant, I got a brand new 997S I can sell ya! Clean Carfax, too!
Old 01-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by riad

Rob, I cannot disagree.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Wellardmac

Rob, I cannot disagree.
+1

Wayne, I'm laughing along with you since you and I have been officially declared "buddies." Sorry Steve, I like the guy. What can I do?
Old 01-09-2008, 06:22 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

What's next? Attacking renntech because they have renn in their name?...
Hi Steve,

Well - since you brought it up.... There are two kinds of folks that have registered "Renn(whatever)". Remember - when I started Rennlist - there were exactly TWO "RENNwhatever" sites on the Internet - one in Germany (yes - I asked their permission and told them about the name change from "PorscheList") and a PCA Region (at that time - that region was about to start their website - but, what the heck - I asked anyway. Didn't really take too much time or effort - just trying to be professional, I guess?)

As for Loren's Renntech site - I guess Loren holds to the same degree and principles of professionalism. If it were any of your concern, which it really isn't - Loren asked if I would have any concerns about it BEFORE he set it up - as he understood it was a direct play off of the Rennlist Name, but he wanted to make his Forums more Porsche Technical in nature. I thought - and still think - his Forums are absolutely outstanding - but my point is - the professional thing to do is ask...

Anyone want to do a search on the registered Domain Names today with "rennwhatever" Many of them, did - in fact - ask if I'd have any problem...

Funny enough - and to your argument - there was a "Renn(namedeleted)" started by a Rennlist Member. When I asked him in private - "how did you come up with the name" - the reply was similar to the comments in this thread... "It just came to me..", "no affiliation.." "Didn't even THINK of Rennlist when I came up with that name - it just came to me.." "I can name it whatever I want..".. So - I started cruising his site....

After about two seconds - found he forgot to "copy & replace" the word "RENNLIST" in his "Terms of Service, Charter and Help sections" with his "not-Rennlist" name, including my ADMIN e-mail address!!... That "rennwhatever" site is Server not found today....

I guess in my view - their are legal boundaries, sure - and I'm not a lawyer.... BUT - more importantly - we, the websites owners, are professionally bound. And - I think I can say that.. I think I've probably directly & indirectly helped launch more "renn" websites than anyone else - fact is - I encourage and work with many of them.

Well, I support and encourage those who are professional about it, anyway - probably about 80% of them.

In fact - I wish they were all like Loren and Renntech ...

Just my $0.0000002

JD

Quick Reply: What's with the new PCA Forum?