Sponsored by:

Brandywine Porsche - No Longer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Brandywine Porsche - No Longer?

Brandywine Porsche is now Porsche of the Main Line. I'm assuming (doh) that the investors who now own BMW of the Main Line have added this dealership to their fleet. Anyone know what, if anything, has changed since the name (and presumably ownership) has changed? Brandywine had some pretty negative posts a short while back.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Hmm. Interesting. They registered at the RTR forum last week. I was wondering if they were the same or not... hopefully it's a change of ownership and attitude and not just a name change.

Incidentally, the guy who registered was asking what the plastic heat shield on an '07/'08 turbo was made of, but having not actually seen it I couldn't tell him.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:18 PM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you look at Brandywine's website (news releases section), you'll find that a November announcement references the new ownership and name change. I didn't see any details about the new owners, though.

Too bad the name has changed...I always liked the sound of "Brandywine Porsche."
Old 12-28-2007, 11:38 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by VGM911
If you look at Brandywine's website (news releases section), you'll find that a November announcement references the new ownership and name change. I didn't see any details about the new owners, though.

Too bad the name has changed...I always liked the sound of "Brandywine Porsche."
I liked the name also, but the reputation that went with the name would not have helped the new owners.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Yes, it's like the sound of being *** raped.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:53 PM
grant911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't care if it changed ownership. I'll never take my 911 there again. Nothing but trouble up there. Or maybe I just had bad luck with them.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:59 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by grant911
I don't care if it changed ownership. I'll never take my 911 there again. Nothing but trouble up there. Or maybe I just had bad luck with them.
True, the ownership may have changed, but it's the same people doing the customer service.

Trending Topics

Old 12-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

I believe there are 3 or 4 investor/owners of BMW of the Main Line, who took over Don Rosen BMW from the Devon Hill BMW owners. Don Rosen's name was kept although he sold that dealership along with Don Rosen Imports but the agreement allowed them to reatain the Don Rosen name for the Porsche-Audi dealership. I'm assuming the investor group who owns the BMW dealership now owns the former Brandywine Porsche. The only dealerships Don Rosen owns (with Rich Frankel) are Audi and Infinity, Willow Grove - all in PA. Got all that? Not sure I do.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:50 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by riad
Yes, it's like the sound of being *** raped.
omg...that is funny as sheete. LMAO.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:56 PM
frappold
Advanced

I've taken my car there a few times and had an alright experience, although I know they've had a bad reputation. They did just send me a coupon for service and the Porsche store, and announced the new ownership. We'll see I guess.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:41 PM
smankow
Pro

from what I've heard, the new owners realize that they need to stay in touch with current Porsche owners (including track people). I've taken my car there at times and have purchase parts from them, too. I can honestly say that I've never had any problems or issues.

As for the personnel, my belief is that with a service commitment from the owners that it should and will filter down quickly to the staff. Give them a chance and maybe you'll be surprised in a positive way.

Steve
Old 12-31-2007, 07:04 PM
911porschefan
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never taken my car to them, but I have bought stuff from them and they were very pleasant to deal with. Having worked at a few dealerships, I agree a change in owners a lot of time changes the personnel. Like they say, it all trickles down hill, let's hope it includes the good stuff.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:10 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What does it matter Phil? You dont drive enough for your car to break!
Old 12-31-2007, 07:18 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by Tippy
What does it matter Phil? You dont drive enough for your car to break!
Actually, I've come to realize that the less I drive it, the more likely it is to break!!
Old 01-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Actually, I've come to realize that the less I drive it, the more likely it is to break!!
In your case, you are going to have a catastrophic engine failure in the garage.

Quick Reply: Brandywine Porsche - No Longer?