Sponsored by:

well the time has come

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Rolla
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well the time has come

Hopefully by the end of today I will have my car back with it's new ROW M030 installed on it :-D. I cannot wait to see how the car handles after this. Next up the B&M SSK :-D. Also Merry Christmas all!

Old 12-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I plan to do this before summer. Would like to hear your comments regarding; handling, ride and overall reaction to your suspension improvement.Where did you buy your ROW M030 Rolla?
Old 12-26-2007, 04:12 PM
kas930
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm also interested to read your comments on the new suspension. Here mine sits waiting for my ROW M030 suspension to arrive (hopefully it will be here by the second week in January). Canvas top is coming off today... Then all that remains is the motor... Hopefully, she'll be on the road by late February, early March..
Attached Images  
Old 12-26-2007, 05:34 PM
bk12
Racer

You guys will love it! I really enjoyed the car after getting it back with the RoW M030...better looks, and more importantly, much improved handling.

That being said, I am planning on pulling mine off soon and installing the X74 and give that a run....
Old 12-26-2007, 05:59 PM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

The RoW M030 is perfect
My car has it for about month and the change is awesome.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:04 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by kas930
I'm also interested to read your comments on the new suspension. Here mine sits waiting for my ROW M030 suspension to arrive (hopefully it will be here by the second week in January). Canvas top is coming off today... Then all that remains is the motor... Hopefully, she'll be on the road by late February, early March..
What happened to your motor?
Old 12-26-2007, 08:06 PM
kas930
Rennlist Member

I bought the car with a blown motor (it actually runs, drove it home). The dealer diagnosed it with spun rod bearings.. I picked it up for a winter project. That being said, I'm replacing suspension, brakes, fixing the convertible top (rear window unglued), odometer lcd isn't functional. With the exception of the tranny (which felt fine bringing it home), everything else will be good as new.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:46 PM
ElTorrente
Burning Brakes

I've had ROW for a couple months now. It's excellent and very comfortable. It leveled my car and there was a small drop, but not much. It looks much better and isn't so low that I have to worry about speed bumps and driveways. I am very surprised at how comfortable it is, and it just feels better than before- even driving down a straight road.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:01 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

I bought the car with a blown motor (it actually runs, drove it home). The dealer diagnosed it with spun rod bearings.. I picked it up for a winter project. That being said, I'm replacing suspension, brakes, fixing the convertible top (rear window unglued), odometer lcd isn't functional. With the exception of the tranny (which felt fine bringing it home), everything else will be good as new.
WOW, I have to hand it to you for doing that. You and Mfletch (he is rebuilding his second 996) both seem to like a challenge. What model year is your car? Please keep us posted on your rebuild. I find that very interesting.

I noticed in the pic you posted earlier that you have stock mufflers. While you are waiting for the motor, you might want to consider doing the PSE MK II mod to the mufflers. It would cost $60 to $100 to have a muffler shop modify the mufflers.

It sounds best on 3.6L mufflers ('02 - '04). If you have 3.4L mufflers ('99 - '01) I don't think it is worth doing the MK II mod, then you should do the MK I mod with the small "J" pipe. Here is a link to a post that will explain the differences between 1) the 3.4 vs. the 3.6 mufflers, 2) the MK I and the MK II mod, and pics showing both types of mods. There is also my assessment on the differences in the sound between the two types of mufflers and the two types of mods.

PSE mods MK I vs. MKII

Let us know if you have any questions.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:23 AM
Lerxst
Racer

Mine arrived from Sunset just before Christmas. Sadly I have to wait till I get my car out of storage in late March, then get to put them in myself.

I'm sure everyone knows what they look like, but what the hey...
Old 12-29-2007, 10:42 AM
kas930
Rennlist Member

Tim, Thanks for the info on the exhaust mods... My car is a '99, so I'll probably have the MK I mod done. My air cooled buddies are giving me a lot of crap for buying a water pumper, but I'm having fun with it. Latest update: she's topless...
Attached Images  
Old 12-29-2007, 10:55 AM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

What are you doing with the top?

Tim, Thanks for the info on the exhaust mods... My car is a '99, so I'll probably have the MK I mod done. My air cooled buddies are giving me a lot of crap for buying a water pumper, but I'm having fun with it. Latest update: she's topless...
Old 12-29-2007, 11:19 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Rolla
Hopefully by the end of today I will have my car back with it's new ROW M030 installed on it :-D. I cannot wait to see how the car handles after this. Next up the B&M SSK :-D. Also Merry Christmas all!

Joel, we are waiting for a follow-up report on your impressions of the ROW M030.

Oh wait, I just remembered you have less than 100 posts so you are still a "newbie" so let me rephrase the above sentence:

WTF, Joel??? You start a thread about getting a new suspension and then you don't even give us a !@#$%^&* follow-up report? Come on, "newbie" get with the program! Oh, and don't forget to post some !@#$%^&* "before" and "after" pics of you car!

This is done in fun!
Old 12-29-2007, 02:15 PM
kas930
Rennlist Member

The rear window came unglued across the bottom and halfway up the sides (see attached pic). As the top is in good shape otherwise, I'm going attempt to have the window repaired by a local trim shop (as the P dealer here is more or less useless).
Attached Images  
Old 12-29-2007, 06:30 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a glass kit available. Pricey

Quick Reply: well the time has come