Sponsored by:

Pre-Facelift Litronic Retrofit Kit - Pricing And Parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 12:04 PM
blinkwatt
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tooloud10
Dude, don't even bother with the cheap eBay-type kits. They're just a very cheap quality system that's going to throw the light everywhere. I'd stick with the halogens before I went with a cheap HID system.
Not the case on the x96 cars. The light projected it actually pretty decent.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...c=10247&hl=hid
Old 12-06-2007, 02:29 PM
NOBY
Pro

I want to sell my litronic lights that are awsome, why I sell them is because they dont have automatic leveling and its law on it in Europe.

Freight cost to US 100 USD, hit me a PM with offer!
Old 12-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

NOBY,
thanks for the offer. I'm looking to do the litronic's later in the spring, i want to change aerokits first.
i'm just sort of guaging price and options rite now.

also, you can reactivate the leveling feature if you do the wiring. there is a guide up on renntech i think.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:47 PM
NOBY
Pro

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
NOBY,
thanks for the offer. I'm looking to do the litronic's later in the spring, i want to change aerokits first.

also, you can reactivate the leveling feature if you do the wiring. there is a guide up on renntech i think.
Huh? Never heard that there is possible to activate automatic level, thought when they dont have then they dont have it.

Can you pass me the link?
Old 12-06-2007, 03:22 PM
blinkwatt
Pro

Originally Posted by NOBY
Huh? Never heard that there is possible to activate automatic level, thought when they dont have then they dont have it.

Can you pass me the link?
http://www.realtime.net/~rentner/Por..._Starting.html

Check your PMs.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:05 PM
phaphaphooey
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I added Litronics to my car myself. Did this in 03 maybe, prices were much lower then. Would have a hard time justifying it now, but even with the relatively high price it really changes the character of the car for me. Visibility is wonderful and installation is a breeze since they just slide right in. Furthermore, and for me the best part, it really dresses up and updates the front end of the car. If you actually take time to closely inspect the litronic assemblies, they are meticulously detailed and beautifully adorned.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

do the litronics have any orange in their indicators?
i have the clear 99 halogens, but even still tehre's some visible orange in the lower part of the headlights that just drives me insane. it looks disgusting.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:26 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Clear lenses with orange lenses behind. I like it because it still looks factory to me, where as clear/clear has more of a 'tuner' vibe. It's a perfect companion to the Porsche white taillights and clear sidemarkers.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:50 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Not the case on the x96 cars. The light projected it actually pretty decent.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...c=10247&hl=hid
As I've implied, I'm familiar with the cheap HID "systems" and my point stands. Looking at the pictures on the thread you referenced only reinforces my opinion--the light is scattered ("bleeds") all over the place, which is why a lot of people think that HID lights are too bright. It's not that they're too bright, it's that they weren't designed to be used in a halogen headlight assembly. Look at a Litronic headlamp versus a halogen headlamp on a 996. There's a reason they're designed completely differently, and it makes all the difference in the world. If I aimed my other car's HIDs into the garage in your thread, you'd see how incredibly sharp the cutoff is.

Get the cheap kit if you want everyone to know that you're rich enough to afford HID headlamps. Get the Litronic kit if you want to be able to see better.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:14 PM
NOBY
Pro

Originally Posted by blinkwatt
But that link doesnt say anything if its possible to wire up that the automatic level starts to work.

Can someone confirm this is possible?
Old 01-09-2008, 08:18 PM
NOBY
Pro

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
NOBY,

Can someone confirm that this is true, that its able to reactive the litronics so they will have automatic adjust leveling?
Old 01-09-2008, 10:51 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBY
Can someone confirm that this is true, that its able to reactive the litronics so they will have automatic adjust leveling?
There is no automatic leveling for the Litronics Retrofit Kit. For 1999-2001 cars to have automatic leveling the Litronics have to be installed at the factory. I have a friend in the UK that bought the Litronics Retrofit Kit but kept his old halogen headlights because he has to put those back on when he takes the car in for MOT inspection -- the retrofit kit will not pass inspection.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:20 AM
NOBY
Pro

Okey thanks, that is what I also thought.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phaphaphooey
I added Litronics to my car myself. Did this in 03 maybe, prices were much lower then. Would have a hard time justifying it now, but even with the relatively high price it really changes the character of the car for me. Visibility is wonderful and installation is a breeze since they just slide right in. Furthermore, and for me the best part, it really dresses up and updates the front end of the car. If you actually take time to closely inspect the litronic assemblies, they are meticulously detailed and beautifully adorned.
I agree....and I am going to do it. I found DPS has the best prices on the lights.....1500-1600 pr
Anyone else have a cheaper supplier?
Old 01-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

why did these kits go UP in price?
shouldn't they go down with age?

Quick Reply: Pre-Facelift Litronic Retrofit Kit - Pricing And Parts