2007 thread of the year

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Here is a classic example of the person referenced. Only 2 pages. It starts out slowly and works up to a big ending. Eventually, John D. closed the thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/autocross/362086-a-photo-is-worth-a-thousand-words.html

As mentioned earlier, he started a thread on how he totaled his car, he hit a tree and it rolled over 8 times. That got to 4 or 5 pages pages, started to get nasty again, and then suddenly the whole thread disappeared.
I don't know why John closed that thread.

Wow.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If I win the "Thread of the Year" award, I may never post again. And I thought the 'little green circle' thread was one of my more informative ones. I was the only one willing to admit that I had no clue what the symbol was. I bet lots of others had that same question but were too embarassed to ask. Like I should have been...
Old 11-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by apterr
Tim, I just PM'd you
Andy
Can you be served papers in a pm?
Old 11-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Here is a classic example of the person referenced. Only 2 pages. It starts out slowly and works up to a big ending. Eventually, John D. closed the thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362086

As mentioned earlier, he started a thread on how he totaled his car, he hit a tree and it rolled over 8 times. That got to 4 or 5 pages pages, started to get nasty again, and then suddenly the whole thread disappeared.
Wow, that was an awesome thread packed full of hate. Good find Tim
Old 11-27-2007, 11:46 AM
bmc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NNH
I'd like to nominate almost any thread by a certain excitable former 997 owner who won't be autocrossing any more.
i second this nomination. that thread was just getting going and the door was shut.

BTW if we are pm any info about that thread, i will sue you if you leave me out!

i suspect our jr. litigator had something to do with it being burried.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:02 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I nominate the "Improved my clutch dramatically" spring removal mod thread!!
Old 11-27-2007, 12:06 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tippy
Wow, that was an awesome thread packed full of hate. Good find Tim
I can only imagine what the disappearing thread reads!
Old 11-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Clear bra poll? (polls?)
Old 11-27-2007, 12:18 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Eharrison
Can you be served papers in a pm?
Good one!

FYI - Nah, the PM had nothing to do with this or any other thread. Andy just asked me a question about my car.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:23 PM
carpundit
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by aben8057
We had some funny ones but the one that comes to mind is about a fellow Renny who got ripped off by some real estate tycoon.
That would have to be the winner, but I can't come up with any keyword to search.

I have the image of the chubby buffoon's photo (off his own site) burned into my retinas. Didn't John D. shut down the thread because of perceived litigation risk? Maybe he removed it, too?

CP
Old 11-27-2007, 12:33 PM
M Fig
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

is that the one where the guy had a crew of "dudes" behind him in the desk picture...I think Iced Tea went out my nose when I read that thread. CLASSIC...
Old 11-27-2007, 12:40 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
If I win the "Thread of the Year" award, I may never post again. And I thought the 'little green circle' thread was one of my more informative ones. I was the only one willing to admit that I had no clue what the symbol was. I bet lots of others had that same question but were too embarassed to ask. Like I should have been...
So you are going to start treating Rennlist like you treat your car and never use it? Damn, sometimes I even crack myself up!

Phil, in your defense Steven (TheSpeedDemon) admitted that he didn't know what it was either, but that was after having the car for a couple of months. The best part about your story was that the 'little green circle' problem surfaced a full 18 months after you got the car! After couple of months your question would have been excusable, but 18 months?

Damn, this is even more fun that picking on the "newbies" and you guys know how much I enjoy that!
Old 11-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by carpundit
That would have to be the winner, but I can't come up with any keyword to search.

I have the image of the chubby buffoon's photo (off his own site) burned into my retinas. Didn't John D. shut down the thread because of perceived litigation risk? Maybe he removed it, too?

CP
I second the nomination - that was the funniest thread I think I'd ever seen, I laughed for days. Shutting it down (or deleting it) was as bad as Yahoo coughing up the names of those Chinese political guys....
Old 11-27-2007, 12:53 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nutbeem
I second the nomination - that was the funniest thread I think I'd ever seen, I laughed for days. Shutting it down (or deleting it) was as bad as Yahoo coughing up the names of those Chinese political guys....
Where are threads like these? OT section? Sounds like I missed out on some funnies.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:03 PM
carpundit
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by M Fig
is that the one where the guy had a crew of "dudes" behind him in the desk picture...I think Iced Tea went out my nose when I read that thread. CLASSIC...
Yes, that's the one.

C'mon, people, let's dredge that one up. Anyone got any useful memories of it? (Obviously I don't.)

Quick Reply: 2007 thread of the year