Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
car looks sharp ray
Thanks....
Old 11-21-2007, 01:03 AM
errico
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you so much. still dont know which i like 1 or 2. i might just stay with the stock !

thanks alot guys.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:19 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

errico,

A lot of people have supplied you with information and in the end you say you may just stay with the stock bumper. This result sounded all too familiar so I did a search on your requests for info during the last 30 days and here is what I came up with.

Over the last few weeks you have started different threads wanting information on 18" wheels, 19" wheels, Sport Techno Wheels, Sport Headers, after market headers, exhaust sound clips, navigation systems, and now front bumper options.

Anyone have 19 " sport classics on a 996? pics please

Anyone have Sport Techno Wheels on a 996 ?

Show me pics of your 19s on a 996 please.

Carrera Sport Headers 996 by Suncoast Porsche

Show me pics of your aftermarket Navigation system please.

carrera or 911 for rear logo?

Anyone match a PSE Muffler with aftermarket header and cat ?

Lets hear your exhaust notes please

Where can i find 1 turbo twist 18 inch chrome wheel ?

PSE and aftermarket cats and header question.

To my knowledge you have not purchased or acted on any of the items for which you have requested information. It appears to me that you are asking us to do your searches for you. While most here are more than willing to help someone out, there is a limit to how far we are willing to go.

Personally, I don't like being taken advantage of by someone who is apparently unwilling to use the search function to find information for himself. I am not willing to do that repeatedly, especially when it appears that they have no intention of following through on any of the information given to them.

Just to be perfectly clear, I am no longer willing to help you with your “information gathering.”
Old 11-21-2007, 07:42 AM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 36 Posts

Oh no...you have really done it nowyou have made "The Tim" mad. And all this in only 23 posts Very impressive
Old 11-21-2007, 08:48 AM
errico
Instructor

gota 911

Thanks for your email, what can I tell you. Do you want to see my receipts? I appreciate all your help but If i have to get blasted any time I write a post ill go somewhere else.

As for the bumper its a hard decision to make , I ll take my time as I have a hard time telling the MK1 and MK2 apart .I was offered a GT3 bumper locally and I needed to see some pics before anything. For the wheels, i cant spend 5k on wheels and tires and not see them on other 996s. As for the pse I have it ( i will send you the invoice ) . As for the headers , i have them ( send you the invoice ) . As for the PCM ( ill send you the the detail labor work order at porsche in order for them to install it ). For my OEM turbo Twist wheel with a high polished Finish, no one has this wheel used and luckily I searched here or else I would have bought a chrome finished wheel which is not the same ( Should be here in December ) . For the 19s I want a set on top of my 18s. Iam not sure yet,Techarts are my favorite from the info from my post, at 5k i ll think harder. For the logo, I added Carrara in High polished actually getting matched this week by a local shop next week.

I have no idea what your last email was about . At 7000+ posts I respect your help and kindness to everyone on the board.

Did you buy everything you asked about ?

Thank You for all your help guys. I really appreciate your Time.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Lerxst
Racer

If you decide to go with a GT3 bumper, it will be decided by the model year of your car. 99-01 is MKI and 02-04 is MKII. Without modification, they won't mix'n'match.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:48 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by errico
gota 911

Thanks for your email, what can I tell you. Do you want to see my receipts? I appreciate all your help but If i have to get blasted any time I write a post ill go somewhere else.

As for the bumper its a hard decision to make , I ll take my time as I have a hard time telling the MK1 and MK2 apart .I was offered a GT3 bumper locally and I needed to see some pics before anything. For the wheels, i cant spend 5k on wheels and tires and not see them on other 996s. As for the pse I have it ( i will send you the invoice ) . As for the headers , i have them ( send you the invoice ) . As for the PCM ( ill send you the the detail labor work order at porsche in order for them to install it ). For my OEM turbo Twist wheel with a high polished Finish, no one has this wheel used and luckily I searched here or else I would have bought a chrome finished wheel which is not the same ( Should be here in December ) . For the 19s I want a set on top of my 18s. Iam not sure yet,Techarts are my favorite from the info from my post, at 5k i ll think harder. For the logo, I added Carrara in High polished actually getting matched this week by a local shop next week.

I have no idea what your last email was about . At 7000+ posts I respect your help and kindness to everyone on the board.

Did you buy everything you asked about ?

Thank You for all your help guys. I really appreciate your Time.
errico,

If you go back and read the threads that you started, you will notice that you never really "closed the book" on any of them. We never heard that you had purchased, ordered, or installed any of the items and all I can go by is the information I have, or lack thereof. Like I said earlier, I like to help out when I can, but it "appeared" to me, because of lack of follow-up info from you, that you have been "fishing without any bate on your hook."

If my perception was wrong, then I stand corrected. I guess this is twice in as many days that I saw something the wrong way.

OK, I'll shut up now before I make an even bigger fool of myself, if that's possible! I guess I need to quite making assessments very late at night!
Old 11-21-2007, 12:12 PM
every day
Racer

Here's a couple of pics of the rs version and side skirts (you really can't do one without the other) - very different from stock.
Attached Images   
Old 11-21-2007, 12:15 PM
every day
Racer

As far as Tim's post goes, I will only say that it is nice to hear the results of decisions made on mods. I've found that type of feedback very helpful in the past - it's the type of communication that makes this one of my favorite sites!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by every day
As far as Tim's post goes, I will only say that it is nice to hear the results of decisions made on mods. I've found that type of feedback very helpful in the past - it's the type of communication that makes this one of my favorite sites!
yes, follow-up is good, plus it does not excuse the repeated lack of use of the search function - searching would have turned up ample photos on all of the subjects requested.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:25 PM
errico
Instructor

I have the 2001 c2 . I like the MK 1 bumper and its here locally for sale. I am going to take a look tonight and i will park my car next to it to visually see the difference. .

Tim ..no problem at all. All this porsche stuff is killing me . There is so much to learn. I need the least trouble possible on the install. I would want a switch and play.

I agree with you all, letting people know what you did helps others. I apologize if i did not do that on my other posts. Without this site and its members not much would get done on my end.

What should i be paying for a used MK1 BUMper that needs to be painted ?
Old 11-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
errico,

A lot of people have supplied you with information and in the end you say you may just stay with the stock bumper. This result sounded all too familiar so I did a search on your requests for info during the last 30 days and here is what I came up with.

Over the last few weeks you have started different threads wanting information on 18" wheels, 19" wheels, Sport Techno Wheels, Sport Headers, after market headers, exhaust sound clips, navigation systems, and now front bumper options.

Anyone have 19 " sport classics on a 996? pics please

Anyone have Sport Techno Wheels on a 996 ?

Show me pics of your 19s on a 996 please.

Carrera Sport Headers 996 by Suncoast Porsche

Show me pics of your aftermarket Navigation system please.

carrera or 911 for rear logo?

Anyone match a PSE Muffler with aftermarket header and cat ?

Lets hear your exhaust notes please

Where can i find 1 turbo twist 18 inch chrome wheel ?

PSE and aftermarket cats and header question.

To my knowledge you have not purchased or acted on any of the items for which you have requested information. It appears to me that you are asking us to do your searches for you. While most here are more than willing to help someone out, there is a limit to how far we are willing to go.

Personally, I don't like being taken advantage of by someone who is apparently unwilling to use the search function to find information for himself. I am not willing to do that repeatedly, especially when it appears that they have no intention of following through on any of the information given to them.

Just to be perfectly clear, I am no longer willing to help you with your “information gathering.”
nice work here
Old 11-21-2007, 06:20 PM
M Fig
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

errico,

Nothing will make you a hero on this site faster than doing mods (like it sounds like you are) and taking a bunch of before and after pics so others can SEE your results. There are quite a few guys on this board who have the same questions you do or they might have them in a few months/years. Nothing beats having a question about a mod and finding a post that has detailed instrustions and pics.

Just an FYI...

Good luck with the bumper...I'd vote for the MK I...
Old 11-21-2007, 07:18 PM
TOMDEG
Rennlist Member

You will notice a BIG difference between stock and MK I. It's how these cars should have come standard. I love mine.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Yup, I love the way my car looks with the bumper and side skirts - I can't imagine having the car any other way.... it looks a little plain without the body kit.

Quick Reply: GT-3 Front bumper - Pics please