Sponsored by:

painted center console

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 08:31 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by apterr
Thanks Tim and Dutchie will do. BTW Dutchie what is an SSK that you mentioned doing at the same time? Sorry but I am not up to speed with all the new lingo. Thanks.
It is a short shifter kit... best mod in town!

http://www.bmracing.com/index.php?id...ts&sid=2&cat=3

You can buy via Eric as well.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:08 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks Tim and Dutchie will do. BTW Dutchie what is an SSK that you mentioned doing at the same time? Sorry but I am not up to speed with all the new lingo. Thanks.
SSK is the B&M Short Shifter Kit. As long as you have the old console removed, you can swap the shifter too. It will add in about 30 to 45 minutes to the console swap. The SSK is great. It shortens the shift throws.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:09 AM
apterr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK thanks...(once again).
Old 11-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutchie in NC
Well Benjamin... thanks for sharing... your avatar looks pretty horrible as well... to each its own
LOl i make a dig at some seats and he makes a personal dig on me - nice!
Old 11-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
You know, thankfully I don't get to see Bok Choi's acidic comments anymore, but I can guarantee that every time he is quoted it's a negative comment. Has anyone ever seen him make a positive comment?
nice racist name calling bro - you guys are on a roll! more more more!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:04 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't paint the console, go to Carnewal in Europe and get the real leather console and arm rest cover. the sticking looks great and nothing beats leather.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:21 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yikes...gotta agree with Ben on the racist stuff....c'mon fellas...that's just pure nonsense. Think before you stink.

J
Old 11-27-2007, 07:29 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by JBRipps
Yikes...gotta agree with Ben on the racist stuff....c'mon fellas...that's just pure nonsense. Think before you stink.

J
It wasn't racist, it was a play on his name.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:27 AM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JBRipps

J
+1.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:56 AM
apterr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Really?

Originally Posted by Cpa4S
don't paint the console, go to Carnewal in Europe and get the real leather console and arm rest cover. the sticking looks great and nothing beats leather.
CPA4s,
Are you serious? Europe? Sounds complicated.... let me know. Thx
Old 11-27-2007, 11:06 AM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
It wasn't racist, it was a play on his name.
I don't want to stir the pot any more, but that was not a play on a name. A play would have been "nice CHOIce ben...or the like". Perhaps the intentions were to be funny, but it wasn't...at least not to me.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:23 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

CPA4s,
Are you serious? Europe? Sounds complicated.... let me know. Thx
Andy,

I have never personally purchased anything from Gert at Carnewal but quite a few guys here have done so. Here are links to the console and cover. The Carnewal site is also listed.

Leather Rear Center Console

Leather Storage Cover

http://www.carnewal.com/
Old 11-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceP
+1.
+2

Extremely classless and I have supple leather.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by Rob in WA
+2

Extremely classless and I have supple leather.
you'd think the general socio-economic background of porsche owners would prove otherwise, but in my experience here thus far, this place is a zoo in a not so great way.

i'm pretty amazed at the level of toleration toward racial undertones, homophobic remarks, ultra-ignorant views that have transpired from just my name, avatar, and my love for 19" wheels on the 996. it's kinda sad.

anyways not to take it too off course since this is a hobbyist site that i do get a lot of good info from sometimes... painted console is a MUST.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:13 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
you'd think the general socio-economic background of porsche owners would prove otherwise, but in my experience here thus far, this place is a zoo in a not so great way.

i'm pretty amazed at the level of toleration toward racial undertones, homophobic remarks, ultra-ignorant views that have transpired from just my name, avatar, and my love for 19" wheels on the 996. it's kinda sad.

anyways not to take it too off course since this is a hobbyist site that i do get a lot of good info from sometimes... painted console is a MUST.
Ben - I agree with everything you stated above except the "my love for 19" wheels on the 996" comment. If that is how you truly feel, then you are guilty of violating your own "values."

We all have opinions on choices or wheels, the color of a car, supple leather or regular leather, options added or not added, etc. You have been very vocal, and many times not too subtle, with your comments about options or cars. I recall you using words like (an these may not direct quotes) looks like crap, looks awful when remarking about something you don't like. If you don’t like something you could be a little more subtle in your comments, but hey, you certainly don't have to do so.

Personally I have no problem if you don't like my "mostly stock" car because you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I truly respect your rights to have those opinions. But when you try to add "my love for 19" wheels on the 996" into your argument then you are attempting to set a double standard. Apparently you want one standard for yourself so you can make any comments you want about everyone's car and another standard for the rest of us which would prohibit us to say anything about your car. I’ll tell you right now, “that ain’t gonna fly!”

Again, I am in full agreement with everything else you stated above, but for the most part I don’t think this type of thing occurs very often. I have seen that most of us help keep these types of things in check, as evidenced by those who gave you support in this thread.

Those are my thoughts on the matter.

Quick Reply: painted center console