Sponsored by:

Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Sorry, but without a SC, you won't "eat a bone stock C2 alive".
where do these people come from?

look dude, as an example , if an Audi A6 2.7T or 4.2 one of those heavy **** sedans just put the pedal to the metal on me and i try to catch up with it at hwy speeds...or from a slow speed roll from the jump they got, it'll take a me long enough to feel like it's no piece of cake to out gun these commuter cars unless i'm seriously packing the hp/tq like a viper or vette.

any car that runs a 0-60mph under 6.0 seconds is a pretty damn speedy car where you won't feel so superior speed wise on these restricted, public roads of ours (for good reason).

now if we take it to your example where there just *might* be a 10hp at the wheels diff in power... aka negligible, nominal bump .. how the hell do you expect to be eating up another carrera?

i know you get a lot of props for your head turning 911 (i even gave you props in your other thread), but let's keep it real here:

1) you have a replica techart kit

2) you run cheap 18" wheels

3) you run a replica techart kit with a design signature "written" up for widebody 911s

so you coming in here with dyno charts and 25hp WTF@$!$#!% is -->
Old 11-14-2007, 06:31 PM
ElTorrente
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ What's the point in making negative comments about his car? I think he used a little hyperbole comparing to a stock c2, but so what.. I'm sure everyone is interested in what the actual whp measurement was. If he put down around 280whp, that would be very impressive and probably means ~15whp or so. As it is we are just looking at an estimated hp graph, but I'm sure he can get the whp graph to show us.

One thing's for sure, I'm sure his car sounds great and feels faster.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:43 PM
FLY996
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
where do these people come from?

look dude, as an example , if an Audi A6 2.7T or 4.2 one of those heavy **** sedans just put the pedal to the metal on me and i try to catch up with it at hwy speeds...or from a slow speed roll from the jump they got, it'll take a me long enough to feel like it's no piece of cake to out gun these commuter cars unless i'm seriously packing the hp/tq like a viper or vette.

any car that runs a 0-60mph under 6.0 seconds is a pretty damn speedy car where you won't feel so superior speed wise on these restricted, public roads of ours (for good reason).

now if we take it to your example where there just *might* be a 10hp at the wheels diff in power... aka negligible, nominal bump .. how the hell do you expect to be eating up another carrera?

i know you get a lot of props for your head turning 911 (i even gave you props in your other thread), but let's keep it real here:

1) you have a replica techart kit

2) you run cheap 18" wheels

3) you run a replica techart kit with a design signature "written" up for widebody 911s

so you coming in here with dyno charts and 25hp WTF@$!$#!% is -->

True on public roads the performance difference will not be much due to the obvious limitations...but put my car on a track against any bone stock C2...let's see who ends up ahead (remember I have more power and better handling (coilovers).

What basis do you use for referring to my 3 piece forged wheels as cheap?

Why the rant is about my "replica kit"?
Old 11-14-2007, 07:32 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

c'mon Ben, whats with you. I saw this car personally on the tri-state run... its a sweet ride and it would def beat your slow *** c4s.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:12 PM
carpundit
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by FLY996
Why the rant is about my "replica kit"?
Because he has Internet Tourette's*. He just can't help himself. Or he was raised wrong. Or he's an ***. Take your pick. That's Ben.

* credit Nicolaas for this coinage.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:04 PM
dresler
Burning Brakes

Internet Tourettes... heh eheh heheh pu**y! oops.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:08 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Don't waste your key strokes! Everyone knows mods don't work! 10whp between cars translates to only .2 tenths on a 1/4 mile track which is only about 1.5 car lengths or so at the trap. This means nothing to these folks. Remember, you're on a board compiled with professionaly paid road course racers who shrug off beating someone around a road course with anything less that 20 seconds differnce on the stopwatch. Beating someone in a road course race by .2 is a tie in the real racing world, right fellas? 10whp ha! Means nothing, meanwhile, professional racers adjust their wings to just to get that little edge over the next car, we know that's only for show what's another .2 seconds off their lap time?

Originally Posted by FLY996
Trust me, I would eat a bone stock C2 alive...
Old 11-14-2007, 10:21 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by washington dc porsche
Don't waste your key strokes! Everyone knows mods don't work! 10whp between cars translates to only .2 tenths on a 1/4 mile track which is only about 1.5 car lengths or so at the trap. This means nothing to these folks. Remember, you're on a board compiled with professionaly paid road course racers who shrug off beating someone around a road course with anything less that 20 seconds differnce on the stopwatch. Beating someone in a road course race by .2 is a tie in the real racing world, right fellas? 10whp ha! Means nothing, meanwhile, professional racers adjust their wings to just to get that little edge over the next car, we know that's only for show what's another .2 seconds off their lap time?
tenths mean EVERYTHING on a road course. try it sand you'll see what i mean. when you are in competition with similar cars, similar driving skills, any little thing that can eek out more power, better handling, better aero, etc will gain you seconds by the end of the race. i do agree that it's not worth it for the 1/4 but that's not racing anyway . remember 0.2 seconds over 5 laps is a full second. is that insignificant?

wait a minute, were you being sarcastic? i couldn't tell.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:27 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

I was being Sarcastic.

Racing is racing whether it is street, 1/4 mile, road coarse, autocross, motocross etc...

Originally Posted by karlooz
tenths mean EVERYTHING on a road course. try it sand you'll see what i mean. when you are in competition with similar cars, similar driving skills, any little thing that can eek out more power, better handling, better aero, etc will gain you seconds by the end of the race. i do agree that it's not worth it for the 1/4 but that's not racing anyway . remember 0.2 seconds over 5 laps is a full second. is that insignificant?

wait a minute, were you being sarcastic? i couldn't tell.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:43 PM
hdtwncam88
Instructor

congrats on the numbers...any increase is a plus. horsepower aint **** without torque...torque gets ya moving then the HP takes over. all these parts makers BS there adds anyway. the best part of these cars is how hard and fast you can enter and exit the twisties !! awesome looking car and again congrats
Old 03-26-2008, 03:15 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

+1
Old 03-26-2008, 07:18 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by hdtwncam88
congrats on the numbers...any increase is a plus. horsepower aint **** without torque...torque gets ya moving then the HP takes over. all these parts makers BS there adds anyway. the best part of these cars is how hard and fast you can enter and exit the twisties !! awesome looking car and again congrats
FYI, yesterday I saw 3 dyno pull charts for a brand new 997 GT3 RS (around 2-3K miles on it now). Car is bone stock. They were each a couple HP short of 380. So your 320+ is pretty good in my book.

-td
Old 03-26-2008, 08:44 PM
ls911
Pro

Bottom line is that you feel the difference and the investment of parts was worth just that.
I know it is very costly to gain much (to many not worth the $) but GREAT fun to add a little here and there as the sickness takes a hold.
Hard to ever get a true before and after with all the mods done at the same time due to this.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Fly, thanks for sharing the information. I have the same mods (diferent brands) on my car. I couldn't be happier with them.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:54 AM
ElTorrente
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mfletch
Fly, thanks for sharing the information. I have the same mods (diferent brands) on my car. I couldn't be happier with them.

Man, I gotta say - I LOVE the look of your car with those wheels.

It just looks so purposeful and mean. What kind of wheels are those, and how much were they?

EDIT: oh, nvrmind, you listed them in your sig..

Quick Reply: Dyno Results