996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Clear Bra?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 12:03 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel fortunate....the car I bought came with it already installed...but it does have a few nicks in the ones on the side view mirrors. Jon996's suggestion about the heat gun may have some merit to it. I think I might give that a try and see if I can blend some of those nicks down a bit. thanx for the idea.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:31 AM
smackboy1
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WCE
I'm considering Ventureshield on my full hood to avoid the border line as well as added protection.
Anyone with any experience and pros/cons on going with the full hood coverage?
I've never used VentureShield, only 3M, so I can't comment on that. But one of my regrets with my 996 is only getting partial front coverage. I have all kinds of chips above the bra line, especially on the hood. All it takes is to drive behind 1 gravel truck to make you a believer. When my wife got her new MINI Cooper S I got the entire front end covered and both doors too (3M). With the full coverage, it's really hard to tell there is film on the paint until about 1-2 feet from the hood. I did the doors as insurance against parking lot dings. The only con is the higher cost.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Jon996
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
I feel fortunate....the car I bought came with it already installed...but it does have a few nicks in the ones on the side view mirrors. Jon996's suggestion about the heat gun may have some merit to it. I think I might give that a try and see if I can blend some of those nicks down a bit. thanx for the idea.

Hey nice wheels--OZ? Just a quick note--the heat gun idea only works on Ventureshield, since is is a single layer material. the 3M is a multi-layer and I would not trust the heat gun approach

Here is more info: http://www.caymanclub.net/cayman-car...scratches.html

Here is the link to a Ventureshield document that gave me enough nerve to try it . . . http://www.invisiblefilm.co.uk/venture_shield.pdf
Old 11-08-2007, 08:50 PM
dresler
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by riad
Someone should start a clear bra poll.
with photos of course.

Quick Reply: Clear Bra?????