996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

M3 or C4S?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007 | 01:51 PM
gregorycarl
Racer

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi

and as for these internet porsche dorks, let them be. they're kinda entertaining since they react the most to stuff i say that's oh so delicious.
Ben - go back up to the original post and look at the first line in the copy. Then, next time, instead of calling "the group" internet porsche dorks you'll realize the dorks are just giving the poster what he asked for. I also noticed that you are in your own words "no rennlist/911 fan"...funny, since you are on this site everyday!
Old 11-06-2007 | 02:21 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by tlarocque
Bought the C4S! Gorgeous white on full black leather, seriously looks like it could be brand spankin' new. I couldn't believe how clean it was. Went to the dealer to drive it after it was CPO'd. Loved the way it felt, sounded, looked, and just pulled the trigger.

I don't think I'm allowed to post pics on this forum but I'll see if I can figure it out.

Congratulations on the new car! I've been keeping quiet because I AM a dyed in the wool Porsche fanatic.

If you don't mind, can you tell me what the dealer sold the car for? PM me or e-mail me if you don't want to publicly post it. I'm looking at a spring 2008 delivery of a GT3.
Old 11-06-2007 | 05:34 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Palting
Congratulations on the new car! I've been keeping quiet because I AM a dyed in the wool Porsche fanatic.

If you don't mind, can you tell me what the dealer sold the car for? PM me or e-mail me if you don't want to publicly post it. I'm looking at a spring 2008 delivery of a GT3.
Palting - long time no "see!" Where the hell have you been bud? We missed you around here. Hey, did you know that Chad (a.k.a. Chads996) picked up a '99 996 with the sunroof delete option last weekend? He is back here again.

Good to see you back, even if it's only temporary until you get your GT3. Are you getting a 996 GT3 or a 997 GT3? Either way, you can go over to the GT3 Forum and give Dell some crap! I guess I'll have to P-shop another avatar for you, huh?
Old 11-06-2007 | 05:47 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by gregorycarl
. I also noticed that you are in your own words "no rennlist/911 fan"...funny, since you are on this site everyday!
If you're going to quote, quote me correctly ... "fan boy".

I am a fan of the site but i don't pretend to like everyone or everything that they do and given this is a site to write out thoughts, i type openly about how i truly feel. i am a porsche fan, but i don't like everything that the 911 is. it has its pluses and minuses and i recognize that it is an imperfect thing, but at the end of the day, i spent $ on it because it adds up to a whole lot of fun tho imperfect.

i have a handful of rennlist people i'd actually want to befriend if we had lived closer. i have a handful of 911s on this site that i say wow that is a sweet ride. i have a fistful of honesty.
Old 11-06-2007 | 06:01 PM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Default Here's a glimpse!

Loving it so far.

Last edited by tlarocque; 09-21-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-06-2007 | 06:22 PM
gregorycarl
Racer

If you're going to quote, quote me correctly ... "fan boy".

I am a fan of the site but i don't pretend to like everyone or everything that they do and given this is a site to write out thoughts, i type openly about how i truly feel. i am a porsche fan, but i don't like everything that the 911 is. it has its pluses and minuses and i recognize that it is an imperfect thing, but at the end of the day, i spent $ on it because it adds up to a whole lot of fun tho imperfect.

i have a handful of rennlist people i'd actually want to befriend if we had lived closer. i have a handful of 911s on this site that i say wow that is a sweet ride. i have a fistful of honesty.
Sorry Ben,
If you would have spelled it properly I would have understood the meaning "fanboy" no space. I misunderstood, thought you were using slang again.

Sorry.
Old 11-06-2007 | 06:27 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Sorry Ben,
If you would have spelled it properly I would have understood the meaning "fanboy" no space. I misunderstood, thought you were using slang again.

Sorry.
you're reaching bud. 1 rennlist doesn't grade you for spelling, 2, if you can't connect fan boy to fanboy then you really gotta sobering up
Old 11-06-2007 | 06:30 PM
gregorycarl
Racer

you're reaching bud. 1 rennlist doesn't grade you for spelling, 2, if you can't connect fan boy to fanboy then you really gotta sobering up
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanboy
Old 11-06-2007 | 06:35 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

gregorycarl

gregory carl
Old 11-06-2007 | 06:38 PM
gregorycarl
Racer

...you really have to sober up vs. you really gotta sobering up

I'm cool are you bud? Can we get back to p-cars...you seem to have alot of good info to share and have heavy mod knowledge.
Old 11-06-2007 | 06:42 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

I'm cool are you bud? Can we get back to p-cars...you seem to have alot of good info to share and have heavy mod knowledge.
totally cool, visitor
Old 11-06-2007 | 07:40 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

tlarocque - nice l@@king ride! FIrst mod = harvest the pumpkins and get clear side markers.
Old 11-06-2007 | 09:12 PM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Thanks. Not so concerned about the side markers, I'm leaning towards some lowering springs. Also, though I like the clean lines, I really think that curvy body looks good with a gt2 style rear wing.

My local p-car mechanic quoted me about 8 hrs labor ($720!) for doing the springs. That doesn't even include the springs themselves. Does that sound right or a little on the high side? Who has an idea on price/source for good rear wing?

TL
Old 11-06-2007 | 09:17 PM
jcb-memphis
Rennlist Member

Drive it for at least a few weeks before a mod...so you know where you really feel on the car....I use stock suspension. It has saved me on my local roads....I had lowered on a prior car (993) and it was not ideal. If you lower, I would go OEM or high end....so assume 1500 to 3k for the stuff plus labor...

Many have had luck with the ROW stuff....going super low can be too harsh.

So, my car is stock. I love it.

JB
Old 11-06-2007 | 11:24 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by tlarocque
Thanks. Not so concerned about the side markers, I'm leaning towards some lowering springs. Also, though I like the clean lines, I really think that curvy body looks good with a gt2 style rear wing.

My local p-car mechanic quoted me about 8 hrs labor ($720!) for doing the springs. That doesn't even include the springs themselves. Does that sound right or a little on the high side? Who has an idea on price/source for good rear wing?

TL
I would not recommend doing springs only. The shocks and springs are fitted to each other and if you change just the springs, the shocks will wear out sooner than normal and you could also get increased bump stop occurances. The labor would be about the same if you went with just springs or ROW M030 or X74 or PSS9's.

Yes, the labor he quoted you seems a little high.

Quick Reply: M3 or C4S?