Sponsored by:

GT3 Body Kits

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 11:37 AM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bk12
First, let me say the purist/scoffing comments were not pointed at anyone particular on this thread, or this site for that matter.

TSD....The MKII oem bumper has a similar line to the GT3 MKII on the side, just not as pronounced. Not nearly as round as the MKI, as you pointed out. I am aware of the differences and have been obsessing over what in the heck to do for an aero kit...time will tell. As far as mixing, I have seen pics, and they don't look too bad (yeah, you can bold it again if it pleases you ). You can notice the lines of the MKI skirts, while curvy, match the same pitch as the MKII aero front bumper highlights. Check out Jim's car to see a MKII front bumper with MKI skirts and wing...I think it looks great:

http://www.jimbreakey.com/photo_player_flash.html

I am really not a fan of the MKII sideskirts, and it pains me to know I will be dumping $1000 into a cosmetic mod if I decide to replace the MKI that came new on the car...nothing to do with performance as near as I can tell. All that being said, I have still been kicking it around and might go that route...decisions, decisions.

I do know that if I do choose to mismatch, I will weather through the dirty looks I get from the casual observers that know better

Anyway, not to make this thread about my aero obsession, pick what you like and post some pictures when you get it done, I am sure it will look great. Best of luck!
Don't worry I do not take anything personal on here and making things bold is just a way to highlight the areas I am replying to nothing more

Thanks for sharing the pic and it doesn't look too bad

I too agree that the MKII side skirts are not as great as the MKI, but I do like the MKII Wing better myself, but I do not need to change anything on my car.

I think that the colour of the car will also depict how visible the mismatch will be also. With black it will not be as noticeable, as in if you put the GT Spoilers that I have on my car on a black one they would not be seen easily.

White's and Yellow's seem to show body kits curves better IMHO.

Quick Reply: GT3 Body Kits