996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Seeking feedback on Numme bodyshop...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:57 PM
befast
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking feedback on Numme bodyshop...

Hey all,

Has anyone here have any experiences with Numme body shop in Port Chester, NY? This is the shop that the Greenwich Porsche dealer uses for all body work. What is the quality of their work?

My initial reaction to speaking with them that they were really quite rude, and that my order didn't mean much to them. A search through Rennlist archives revealed that they might also cut corners and not be very honest. Through a series of very unfortunate events, my car is currently there, and I am not sure if I should take it somewhere else.

Thanks a lot !

and be fast...
Old 10-17-2007, 02:59 PM
befast
Instructor

bump
Old 10-17-2007, 06:12 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by befast
Hey all,

Has anyone here have any experiences with Numme body shop in Port Chester, NY? This is the shop that the Greenwich Porsche dealer uses for all body work. What is the quality of their work?

My initial reaction to speaking with them that they were really quite rude, and that my order didn't mean much to them. A search through Rennlist archives revealed that they might also cut corners and not be very honest. Through a series of very unfortunate events, my car is currently there, and I am not sure if I should take it somewhere else.

Thanks a lot !

and be fast...
Don't you think it is a bit late to ask anyone for there feedback on this place now that your car is already there, even though it may have been unfortunate that your car ended-up there.

BTW I have no idea about this place so you know more than me from your research and you will soon know when you get the car back....so GL with that.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:50 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

When a pickup backed into my parked '85...my local dealer suggested them as well. This is 5 years ago. They did a fantastic job...I got a new hood and front bumper. Their blending was great too...I couldn't tell the car was painted at all. They even did a few "extras" for me, like respray the targa bar and do some nice touch up work without any additional out of pocket from me. The other driver's insurance covered 100 percent of the job.

I do remember it took longer than I wanted, but I remember that I wanted to write a letter for their "wall"...complimenting them, but I never got around to do it.

I don't remember who I dealt with there, but you should be just fine. I also remember them fighting to get some extra work done that was "denied" in the beginning...they were successful.

Good luck.
J
Old 10-18-2007, 05:12 AM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was quite surprised to see someone asking about this place.

STAY AWAY!!! They are crooks. I posted this a few times awhile back.

I took my rear ended and front damaged 2003 Boxster S to them a couple years ago. Not only was the work terrible, some parts that were meant to be replaced under the insurance appraisal were NOT. They pocketed that money and did not do the work. Paint work looked like a child did it with a can of krylon, anyone can tell.

At that time they were the official bodyshop of New Country Porsche greenwich, god knows why, but thats where they get most of their business, my car was purchased there and went through the dealer to get the work done and they STILL tried to screw me.

At the end of the day I caught their shennanigans and reported them to the BBB/etc I was forced to take my car else where to get the work properly done (AGAIN). For the record I was dealing with the owner Chris Numme and his wife and the GM at New Country, when I talked to the GM about this, I was stonewalled. But I continue to do business with that dealer, with the exception of bodywork.

Also of note: if you google Chris Numme, you will see that he recently crashed a Carrera GT from new country porsche that he took for a joyride after the car was finished with repairs.

http://www.3autos.com/20061201/And-f...h-story,11801/

Take your car to Fairfield Porsche and their Bodyshop Fairfield Motorcars (IIRC) they've done amazing repair work on my 05 GT3 with track damage/etc as well as upgrades/etc. Great work and completely honest people, facility is amazing too. Talk to Russel Amicone @ the bodyshop or Diane @ Porsche fairfield, they will take care of you.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Befast, any update on your car?
Old 11-15-2007, 08:21 PM
befast
Instructor

Alright, here is the word on the car. I took my car to my indie mechanic, and with the car on a lift under fluorescent lights he immediately saw the following:

- The door: along the bottom, the paint is "orange skin". It's not only rough to the eye, it's rough to the touch. The only reason I couldn't spot it is because of the way the door curves in and how low it is.
- The rear quarterpanel: at least two fisheyes

The work on the door is completely unacceptable. Do I have any recourse?

-- befast
Old 11-15-2007, 11:37 PM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sorry you've had this experience with Numme.

I do have to say that I have had the exact opposite experience.

They've worked on my Porsche as well as another vehicle and each time the work was flawless. I really felt Chris went the extra mile for me. They were recommended by several posters in this forum and others.

I belong to the Collectors Car Garage in Bedford and there are several exotics in the garage that they've worked on as well. They are very well respected by the other members.

Just go talk to Chris and show him the area you're unhappy with. If my experience with them is any indication, they'll be happy to take care of you.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:03 PM
befast
Instructor

He actually did take care of a couple of extras, and that was really great. But no matter what the extras are, the core work has to be done right!

I was just told by the shop that orange peel is normal, and comes out of the factory. This sounds like complete BS! The rest of the car is very smooth. The door was brand new and painted unmounted on the car. Why should there be blatantly visible rough areas? Why should the interior of the door panel come back scuffed?

I guess that's what you get when you are young an arent bringing a Bentley for service along with a suitcase full of cash.

Quick Reply: Seeking feedback on Numme bodyshop...