Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 10-19-2007, 12:03 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
Come on Tim, let me at least feel this good for a little longer please before you pull the rug out from under me
What do you mean a little longer??? Hell, I let you bask in the glow of your unrequited admirer for 4 hours. I'm really just trying to save your life here. "How?" you ask! To paraphrase Casey Kasem "Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars otherwise you will float off into space and die a horrible, grizzly death!" I didn't get the feeling that your feet were on the ground!
Old 10-19-2007, 01:07 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
What do you mean a little longer??? Hell, I let you bask in the glow of your unrequited admirer for 4 hours. I'm really just trying to save your life here. "How?" you ask! To paraphrase Casey Kasem "Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars otherwise you will float off into space and die a horrible, grizzly death!" I didn't get the feeling that your feet were on the ground!

I did have to move the seat up a bit after my wave
Old 10-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey speed,

Did the cleaning fix your erratic idle? I have had the same deal on an intermittent basis, so I am planning on the DIY this weekend.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:32 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by galeriehughie
Hey speed,

Did the cleaning fix your erratic idle? I have had the same deal on an intermittent basis, so I am planning on the DIY this weekend.
Hey Sid

it seems to have but I have again only gone for a short drive, I need to take a longer drive to make sure which I will do this weekend.

But I would still go ahead and do the cleaning anyways because it doesn't hurt.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

"hey Sid" : lol that is a photograph of mine of him in Tulsa by Roberta Bayley in '78.

I hope that my idle problem may be centered on that area because I have used techron 2x and it briefly helped, so maybe this could be the cure but I have never changed the fuel filter either and don't want to tackle that on my own.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:49 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

"hey Sid" : lol that is a photograph of mine of him in Tulsa by Roberta Bayley in '78.

I hope that my idle problem may be centered on that area because I have used techron 2x and it briefly helped, so maybe this could be the cure but I have never changed the fuel filter either and don't want to tackle that on my own.
Wow you got to see him...brilliant and yes I am jealous

At the 30K service I believe they change the fuel filter, I bought my car right after that service was done so I am not 100% sure.

But go ahead and clean the valve well like I did. I spent about 15 minutes cleaning it thoroughly using a can of compressed air to blow in it during the cleaning process, moving the window to make sure it moved freely, and used those applicators to get all of the junk out. It takes about 5 minutes for the R&R because I had a tube in the way of the back screw that caused a little inconvenience.

While in there you might as well clean the throttle body which I did too but over a month ago thinking that would fix this issue but it didn't.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the help. I'm going to pick up some cleaner today.

And no, unfortunately, I didn't see the Pistols. I own the photograph, it was taken by writer/photographer Roberta Bayley right before the band broke up, he broke down, killed his girl and then himself. I guess he was a little punk!
Old 10-19-2007, 02:16 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the help. I'm going to pick up some cleaner today.

And no, unfortunately, I didn't see the Pistols. I own the photograph, it was taken by writer/photographer Roberta Bayley right before the band broke up, he broke down, killed his girl and then himself. I guess he was a little punk!
Well I am still jealous that Roberta saw the Sex Pistols, hey the Misfits are still around and will be playing in S.F. next month, might go see them Rather see The Exploited though and I believe they are still doing gigs in England at least.

GL with the cleaning of the throttle body etc.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:09 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Yep is confirmed that cleaning the ICV has corrected my erratic idle issue as I went on a nice drive yesterday with open roads and several stop and start situations, but I did not experience any issues sitting at the light with my idle as I did before.

So thanks for those that came to my assistance with this issue.

BTW...I found a 76 station that I can get 100 octane fuel at, OK it was $6.69 a gallon, but I went ahead and put some in, couldn't really tell much difference because I have not had a chance to test it, but I am sure I will get something out of it since I can only find 91 everywhere else.

Quick Reply: Erratic Idle