Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

O.k. Chuck...we are all waiting for some pics...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:38 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark: Wednesday looks good for me....give me a call to firm it up....and to jog my memory banks that are starting to dim a bit with age. I look forward to buying you lunch...my turn remember? Hope all goes well with the doc....

I've run thru three tanks of gas already.....and could care less about the cost....so much fun in the new car
Old 10-01-2007, 10:25 AM
pl
Drifting

nice TT.
now i also need one in my drive way. how do i make my 996 "hotter" ??
Old 10-01-2007, 12:04 PM
michael.s.under
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Steven: Gittin' a bit froggy with de color and mods ye've put on there are ye lad? Perhaps a quick trip to the Pinks strip would be in order ?? Since I'm a fair man...give ye two lengths for the yellow?

Regardless of how much "faster" the yellow is....you've still done an admirable job in putting it all together.

Michael: You've got it pretty well down pat....first you buy a CDR23 radio and find out that it won't work in the 99 because it's a MOST system...and the a$$hole who sold it to you and said it would work.... won't give you a refund.....then you get pissed and decide to pay more, but order the CDR220 from Becker and it works great. Then about a year later you start smelling a "hot" smell....so you change out the coolant tank, coolant cap...spend another $4K on it for GIAC, EVO CAI and a bunch of other stuff at the prodding of the "mod squad". But periodically you still get the "hot smell". You have Loren run it on his computer and everything comes out ok.....UNTIL...

There comes a day you're driving down the street and white smoke starts coming from the center vent...........and.........as Paul Harvey says....Now you know the rest of the story. Oh.....I forgot.........you've got to have an insurance company that's willing to pay you top dollar for your car without any hassle.....then you bust out a tooth, put it under your pillow and make a wish......and the next morning there's a 996TT X50 sitting in your driveway.

How's that?
Perfect, thanks, and seriously congrats.....

Now, off to pick up the wrong stereo for my car!!
Old 10-01-2007, 12:18 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

NICE CAR CHUCK!! Congratulations on the purchase.

Care to disclose mileage, options and how much you paid for it?
Old 10-01-2007, 03:44 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Steven: Gittin' a bit froggy with de color and mods ye've put on there are ye lad? Perhaps a quick trip to the Pinks strip would be in order ?? Since I'm a fair man...give ye two lengths for the yellow?

Regardless of how much "faster" the yellow is....you've still done an admirable job in putting it all together.
Chuck I had just woke up from a great night of partying after the 2nd day at the CDF in Fresno...I was still drunk and in a great mood. Partying at the LaQuinta with bands and fans was fantastic and it wasn't a party until the cops came to break it up at least 3 times, I think it finally ended around 4 am

Nope your TT has me beat now, although I will look faster without moving still

BTW...thanks for the nice words and stay in touch with us non-TT 996 owners OK
Old 10-02-2007, 01:47 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Chsu74: I don't mind disclosing at all.....it had 19.5K miles on it and it came with a list of factory options that took almost a page and a half...too many to list but the major ones are factory aero kit, all sorts of carbon fibre, the X50 package, new Pirelli Assimetrico tires, all leather; one year left on the Porsche CPO warranty, all new fluids...i.e. brake, tranny, oil etc....and I paid $67K plus $800 to ship it here...the dealer picked up part of the shipping and all the costs of the fluid changes. The car is absolutely primo....I was not prepared for how nice it really looked....one always hopes for the best, but this exceeded expectations. Another surprise I got was the gas mileage. I figured I'd be seeing the low teens...maybe even mid teens.....but if I drive it conservatively I actually got 24 mpg. That of course drops off like a lead weight when you get on it....like I do...but the boost is phenominal. I have a 930 turbo and thought that it had great boost.....but that X50 package is great. I'm not going to be modding it. I don't need 500 or 600 HP.....this suits me just fine.

Quick Reply: O.k. Chuck...we are all waiting for some pics...