Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   996 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum-60/)
-   -   O.k. Chuck...we are all waiting for some pics... (https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/381305-o-k-chuck-we-are-all-waiting-for-some-pics.html)

ScottArizona 09-28-2007 09:13 PM

O.k. Chuck...we are all waiting for some pics...

If I'm not mistaken, you were going to take delivery of the replacement for the crispy critter today. I hope we have some pics of the x-50 turbo soon!

Chuck Jones 09-29-2007 02:21 AM

YES!!!.......It got here!!

It arrived this AM.....And it exceeded all my expectations. I took it out to Loren's house (RennTech) and he ran the codes.....it's clean. It's absolutelly pristine. It has all sorts of carbon fibre in it...console, speaker surrounds, center AC surround, arm rests, rocker panels etc. I couldn't be more pleased. I took it to Mark (Mfletch) and let him drive it. He's stoked on the X50 package. I really like the way it drives. The hydraulic assist clutch is so much easier to work than the 930!!

Bottom line...I'm totally satisfied with this deal. I'll get some pictures posted in the next day or two....till then...I'm burning a couple tanks of gas just running around. Tomorrow is Work on Cars Day at Loren's...see some of you there.
Chuck

ArneeA 09-29-2007 04:10 AM

I wish I was in NorCal to hang around with you Pnuts! Congrats on the new car!

Mfletch 09-29-2007 04:30 AM

I had the pleasure of driving Chuck's new 996TT today. It is the fastest, most incredible car that I have ever driven. I have driven 3 other 996TTs without the X50 package. They all fell way short of the brutal acceleration that I experienced with Chuck's X50 beast. I previously could have lived without a 996TT. I didn't like the four wheel drive, the increased weight, or the uninspiring exhaust note. That has all changed. The X50 engine sounds fantastic when it clears it's lungs. The ride is firm, but comfortable, and the four wheel drive seems necessary to keep the tires from vaporizing.
I have never seen so much carbon fiber inside a car...it is stunning. I have been ruined for all other cars. Chuck and I test drove a friend's 360 Ferrari last week and it was pretty amazing. After driving Chuck's X50 TT, the car that I aspire to own is the Porsche, not the Ferrari.
Chuck, thanks for the experience of driving your beautiful car. Congratulations!

ScottArizona 09-29-2007 06:30 AM

Congrats Chuck, I'm glad to hear the car has exceeded your expectations. Can't wait for those pics!

Harold 09-29-2007 07:02 AM

Congratulations on the purchase. The power delivery of the 996 turbo really takes some getting used to but its an absolute adrenalin rush (and with the X50 its sure to be better). Once you have run a turbo, it gets very hard to go back to a normally aspirated car. You will love it....

now get yourself on the slippery slope.... soon even the x50 will start to feel a bit ordinary and there i no end of options to getting yourself on the very nasty wrong side of 500+ hp from what I hear ;)

gota911 09-29-2007 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones (Post 4622074)
It arrived this AM.....And it exceeded all my expectations. I took it out to Loren's house (RennTech) and he ran the codes.....it's clean. It's absolutelly pristine. It has all sorts of carbon fibre in it...console, speaker surrounds, center AC surround, arm rests, rocker panels etc. I couldn't be more pleased. I took it to Mark (Mfletch) and let him drive it. He's stoked on the X50 package. I really like the way it drives. The hydraulic assist clutch is so much easier to work than the 930!!

Bottom line...I'm totally satisfied with this deal. I'll get some pictures posted in the next day or two....till then...I'm burning a couple tanks of gas just running around. Tomorrow is Work on Cars Day at Loren's...see some of you there.
Chuck

Chuck

First of all - CONGRATS!
Second - By your description, your car "sounds" nice.
Third - Come on "TT newbie".... Post the !@$%^(*&# PICS!!!

You had to know that was coming! :evilgrin:

washington dc porsche 09-29-2007 08:15 AM

Nice!

Originally Posted by Mfletch (Post 4622192)
I had the pleasure of driving Chuck's new 996TT today. It is the fastest, most incredible car that I have ever driven. I have driven 3 other 996TTs without the X50 package. They all fell way short of the brutal acceleration that I experienced with Chuck's X50 beast. I previously could have lived without a 996TT. I didn't like the four wheel drive, the increased weight, or the uninspiring exhaust note. That has all changed. The X50 engine sounds fantastic when it clears it's lungs. The ride is firm, but comfortable, and the four wheel drive seems necessary to keep the tires from vaporizing.
I have never seen so much carbon fiber inside a car...it is stunning. I have been ruined for all other cars. Chuck and I test drove a friend's 360 Ferrari last week and it was pretty amazing. After driving Chuck's X50 TT, the car that I aspire to own is the Porsche, not the Ferrari.
Chuck, thanks for the experience of driving your beautiful car. Congratulations!

DFC 09-29-2007 08:31 AM

Congrats on the new P-car Chuck, can't wait to see some pics!

Chuck Jones 09-29-2007 10:06 PM

My computer is on the fritz....I'm borrowing a laptop...but today I was over at Loren's for a Work on Cars Day and I took a bunch of pictures of the car with his camera. I asked him to post the pictures when he got the chance....hopefully he'll find lthe time to do that for me. Most of the crowd was Boxter folks and I took them all for a ride in the TT....never saw so many smiles....and a few white knuckles too!

Loren.....help me out here....Tim is picking on me about the pics....post them up...

ArneeA 09-29-2007 10:19 PM

PICS OR BAN

Loren 09-29-2007 10:27 PM

Chuck is having computer problems and asked me to post some pics of his new baby...

himself 09-29-2007 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Loren (Post 4623936)
Chuck is having computer problems and asked me to post some pics of his new baby...

Very nice! At first I thought it was parked on the sidewalk ;)

Congrats!

-td

Chuck Jones 09-29-2007 10:45 PM

OK now Tim....are you happy? Will you cut me some slack? You realize that I'm going to be moving over to the TT boards and you wont' be able to snipe at me unless you poach over there. Actually, I really like the 996 forum....sort of family over here with Mark and that PIA Tim and others. I've jes' gotsta come back for reasonable visitation privileges.

Chuck

bk12 09-29-2007 11:01 PM

Great pickup! I guess this story shows the positive side of your car getting totalled.....I would have to consider this route if my C2 goes for any reason.