Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Edit: Exactly how should the gas pedal (BE REMOVED?!) feel?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 10:40 AM
Slakker
Race Car

Received 270 Likes on 124 Posts

Ebrake is pretty easy to disassemble and reassemble. Just take a picture so you know how it goes back.

I believe the throttle cable is part of the pedal. It unhooks underneath the car, near the side, around underneath the driver. It should just slide out through the feed tube when you remove the pedal.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:23 AM
aeichmiller
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the pedal need to be taken apart to get the cable out? or is there another trick that I am missing?
Old 09-18-2016, 11:30 AM
Slakker
Race Car

Originally Posted by aeichmiller
Does the pedal need to be taken apart to get the cable out? or is there another trick that I am missing?
Yes. Unhook cable underneath the car, disassemble pedal, and then it will all come out together.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:56 PM
aeichmiller
Intermediate

I was able to dismantle the pedal and remove the cable. That allowed me to pull out the carpet which is all I was after. Didn't have to disconnect the cable from under the car.

For the ebrake, I was actually able to leave it in the car and pull it through a hole in the carpet.

THanks for the responses and advice.
Old 09-18-2016, 01:22 PM
Slakker
Race Car

Originally Posted by aeichmiller
I was able to dismantle the pedal and remove the cable. That allowed me to pull out the carpet which is all I was after. Didn't have to disconnect the cable from under the car. For the ebrake, I was actually able to leave it in the car and pull it through a hole in the carpet. THanks for the responses and advice.
Ok, cool. I know they are sold as a single assembly but I've never dismantled it.
Old 11-12-2016, 02:27 PM
aeichmiller
Intermediate

Is there a trick to getting the gas pedal back together? I am having a hell of a time getting everything to align and click into place.

It seems like everything is in alignment, but there is still an 1/8 of an inch gap between the 2 halves and I can't get it to fully close.
Old 12-14-2019, 01:28 PM
Banana S
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 41 Posts

I just found this thread as well... Brilliant. Thanks for the detailed instructions and photos.
Old 07-06-2021, 09:38 PM
Kamak
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This thread may be really old and here I am in 2021 amazed what a difference an hour's worth of work made!

once I had the two halves apart, I washed them thoroughly in my kitchen sink and then dried them with compressed air. I used the Napa silicone lube generously on all contact points, the pedal hinges as was as the throttle cam. Be sure to put lube on the sides of the pivot points.

Enjoy your smooth operation!!!
Old 05-06-2024, 12:45 PM
vetfever
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Kamak
This thread may be really old and here I am in 2021 amazed what a difference an hour's worth of work made!

once I had the two halves apart, I washed them thoroughly in my kitchen sink and then dried them with compressed air. I used the Napa silicone lube generously on all contact points, the pedal hinges as was as the throttle cam. Be sure to put lube on the sides of the pivot points.

Enjoy your smooth operation!!!
A great spring time maintenance item to prepare for the driving season

Thanks

vetfever

Quick Reply: Edit: Exactly how should the gas pedal (BE REMOVED?!) feel?