Warning : Performance Imports/Wendt Motors Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 11:38 PM
yvesatlanta
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 22 Posts
Thumbs down Warning : Performance Imports/Wendt Motors Atlanta

All,

Would like to issue a serious warning about this shop operated by Peter Wendt.
Facts :
Car goes in for maintenance last week of Jan, 2006. At the same time, a Turbo front spoiler would be mounted. This spoiler was drop shipped by MASHAW.
When coming back from my business trip, the shop claims that the spoiler does not fit. No big deal, MASHAW was easy to deal with and allowed the item to be shipped back to California. I paid Peter Wendt 70$ for returning the item via FedEx.
I have no words to describe what follows afterwards.
When after a couple of months I still had not received my check fom Mashaw, I decided to give him a call. Claims he hasn't received anything. Back to Wendt : claims he shipped it 'a long time ago'. Will provide me with the tracking number. No issue, will call you back. Never received a call back. Every time I call the store, he claims the tracking number is at his home office or finds out another way to get off the phone ASAP. This goes on for months. May 2007 I visit him.
Guy tells me straight in my face that the item was shipped a while ago and actually sounded believable. I scanned his shop and indeed did not see the item.
Get on the phone again with Mashaw. Swears he hasn't received anything. I get my attorney to write a threatening letter to Peter Wendt/Performance Imports. The box with the spoiler shows up in CA 1 week later, shipment to be paid by addressee (!).
By the way, MASHAW is a class act to deal with. This whole situation gave the poor guy sleepless nights. Kind of the opposite of the Atlanta individual.
Anyway - wanted to warn the community.
There's a supplier with questionable ethical standards amongst us.
I filed complaints with both the FTC and BBB.

From what I understand, several other members in the Atlanta area have had issues with Performance Imports.
Be carefull when dealing with this individual.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the heads up.
Who is reputable in the Atlanta area to deal with ????
Old 08-26-2011, 09:10 PM
BMW325ATL
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People are more prone to report negative things before posting positive things. Everyone has different experiences but my experience with Wendt Motors/ Performance Imports is a satisfying one. I had my car towed to the shop because it would not start. I drive a 1995 BMW 325is with basically no problems. But after 15 years some things are bound to go bad. They found that my ignition had gone bad and my DME relay needed replacing. Once we got the car to start, upon driving it, the engine would quickly overheat. After checking the entire cooling system it was found that my radiator, water pump and thermostat housing needed replacing. Not expecting all these things to be wrong all at once I was a little skeptical but its a 1995 and overtime parts do deteriorate. After a few days of labor, my car was starting and no longer running hot. I am satisfied with the rates I was charged to basically replace my entire cooling system. I also liked how the technician was knowledgeable as he drove a car basically like mine except its a M3 so he knew the common problems with this vehicle. He also explained to me what was wrong, what may have caused the problem and the best way to fix things. Peter, the owner, had good communication with the technicians as well as communication with myself in keeping me posted on the status of my car. I am a satisfied customer.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:02 PM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts

So no start due to bad switch caused DME relay to fry and cooling system to self destruct?? Good thing they knew how to trouble shoot and fix all of that.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:02 PM
dotframe
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Man in my opinion there is absolutely NO excuse for dishonesty in situations like this. A simple "we flat out forgot to ship it" or "we lost the part and haven't shipped it" would have settled the issue right away.

Not related but a few years ago I bought wheels from a then reputable dealer active on the Audi forums. After 4 months I had to dispute the charge with Amex and get my money back. In that time they claimed the wheels were on back order, they were stuck in customs, they had shipped them, oh wait...they were at the shop and were ready to ship. There is nothing more infuriating than being told lies!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:58 AM
kr3678
Instructor

So someone signs up for Rennlist, digs up a thread from 4 years ago and uses their first and only post to defend this shop? Forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:59 AM
Psycho Sid
Pro

Originally Posted by kr3678
So someone signs up for Rennlist, digs up a thread from 4 years ago and uses their first and only post to defend this shop? Forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical.
Just what I was thinking...
What would be the chances of that being a coincidence!?

Probably sounded like a good idea for someone who thinks we're stupid here on RL
Old 08-27-2011, 03:28 AM
Philip P
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wonder what BMW325ATL was even doing lurking on rennlist...
Old 08-27-2011, 05:34 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Yoops Racing
Thanks for the heads up.
I recently heard from a good source that Wendt Motors is reputable.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:36 AM
Psycho Sid
Pro

Originally Posted by Divot
I recently heard from a good source that Wendt Motors is reputable.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Yoops Racing
Thanks for the heads up.
Howard Wright at European Motors
Old 08-27-2011, 09:20 AM
rpm's S2
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Why do we care about a four year old post?
Old 02-22-2019, 10:38 AM
cowadm4
2nd Gear

Default Can't fix Audi Convertible Tops

Originally Posted by yvesatlanta
All,

Would like to issue a serious warning about this shop operated by Peter Wendt.
Facts :
Car goes in for maintenance last week of Jan, 2006. At the same time, a Turbo front spoiler would be mounted. This spoiler was drop shipped by MASHAW.
When coming back from my business trip, the shop claims that the spoiler does not fit. No big deal, MASHAW was easy to deal with and allowed the item to be shipped back to California. I paid Peter Wendt 70$ for returning the item via FedEx.
I have no words to describe what follows afterwards.
When after a couple of months I still had not received my check fom Mashaw, I decided to give him a call. Claims he hasn't received anything. Back to Wendt : claims he shipped it 'a long time ago'. Will provide me with the tracking number. No issue, will call you back. Never received a call back. Every time I call the store, he claims the tracking number is at his home office or finds out another way to get off the phone ASAP. This goes on for months. May 2007 I visit him.
Guy tells me straight in my face that the item was shipped a while ago and actually sounded believable. I scanned his shop and indeed did not see the item.
Get on the phone again with Mashaw. Swears he hasn't received anything. I get my attorney to write a threatening letter to Peter Wendt/Performance Imports. The box with the spoiler shows up in CA 1 week later, shipment to be paid by addressee (!).
By the way, MASHAW is a class act to deal with. This whole situation gave the poor guy sleepless nights. Kind of the opposite of the Atlanta individual.
Anyway - wanted to warn the community.
There's a supplier with questionable ethical standards amongst us.
I filed complaints with both the FTC and BBB.

From what I understand, several other members in the Atlanta area have had issues with Performance Imports.
Be careful when dealing with this individual.
I totally want to agree with this guy. And I'm not surprised that someone else had a hard time with Peter Wendt. They officially have an F rating by the BBB. We had to file a complaint against him because he has had my fiance's Audi for almost a year now.

This has been very hard on us because my fiance has had to drive an old car that keeps shutting down on him and has mechanical problems. Peter keeps claiming that he can fix it and we even met with the mechanic who claimed that he could do something but every time they promised to deliver or promised to meet us with the car they never follow through.

If This were my car I would have called the police on him because he's holding property that isn't his and refuses to give it back. But my fiance is a kind person who avoids conflict but I'm fed up with it. I just want to tell our story to as many people as possible and try to hurt their business because I'm disgusted by the way that they have handled this. I finally convinced my fiance to take legal action so we'll be taking to a lawyer today.

This picture is from February 20th 2019 the day that he promised to deliver the car to us by 2 p.m. we drove all the way down to Georgia from where we live in South Carolina and this is what the car look like. As if no one had been working on it for the past year and that they had just started working on it that day.

Last edited by cowadm4; 02-22-2019 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 02-22-2019, 12:33 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,154 Likes on 791 Posts

Isn't that an Audi? Uh... This is a Porsche Forum...
Old 02-22-2019, 01:01 PM
cowadm4
2nd Gear

Unhappy Re:

Originally Posted by dporto
Isn't that an Audi? Uh... This is a Porsche Forum...
Yeah... it's sooooooo funny... clearly you completely missed the point of my post. I could care less what the forum is about. someone else out there had a major issue with this mechanic many years ago and I want to tell as many people as possible what a horrible mechanic this guy still is. Peter lied to us about being able to fix anything other than a Porsche. This forum post pops up on the front page of Google search results for Performance Imports so that's why I chose it. I want other people to know about this guy. If that's funny to you or if you want to berate us for no reason then fine go ahead but this post is staying here as a warning to others.

Quick Reply: Warning : Performance Imports/Wendt Motors Atlanta