996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Warning : Performance Imports/Wendt Motors Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 02:25 PM
wildbilly32
Drifting

Received 774 Likes on 496 Posts

If any of this is true...If it was my car it would be on a truck headed home over 11 months earlier. No-one can hold your property hostage. I don't care if it is an Isetta or a Lambo for craps sake.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:59 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by cowadm4
Yeah... it's sooooooo funny... clearly you completely missed the point of my post. I could care less what the forum is about. someone else out there had a major issue with this mechanic many years ago and I want to tell as many people as possible what a horrible mechanic this guy still is. Peter lied to us about being able to fix anything other than a Porsche. This forum post pops up on the front page of Google search results for Performance Imports so that's why I chose it. I want other people to know about this guy. If that's funny to you or if you want to berate us for no reason then fine go ahead but this post is staying here as a warning to others.
You joined Rennlist only to post on this thread?
Old 02-22-2019, 07:27 PM
por944trs
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Funny that your fiance’ wasnt moved enough to post
Old 02-23-2019, 01:21 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,154 Likes on 791 Posts

Originally Posted by cowadm4
Yeah... it's sooooooo funny... clearly you completely missed the point of my post. I could care less what the forum is about. someone else out there had a major issue with this mechanic many years ago and I want to tell as many people as possible what a horrible mechanic this guy still is. Peter lied to us about being able to fix anything other than a Porsche. This forum post pops up on the front page of Google search results for Performance Imports so that's why I chose it. I want other people to know about this guy. If that's funny to you or if you want to berate us for no reason then fine go ahead but this post is staying here as a warning to others.
^^ No, I didn't miss your point at all... I just thought I'd let you know that you're barking up the wrong tree. If you'd like to keep barking, go ahead - it's your time, waste it as you see fit.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:58 PM
wildbilly32
Drifting

Received 774 Likes on 496 Posts

Originally Posted by dporto
^^ No, I didn't miss your point at all... I just thought I'd let you know that you're barking up the wrong tree. If you'd like to keep barking, go ahead - it's your time, waste it as you see fit.
^^^

Old 02-23-2019, 10:09 PM
Astro
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Oh boy, here we go... I posted a similar type of post awhile back on a different topic and the negative responses were unbelievable. Wasn't worth the time and effort since there are many who just enjoy egging you on. Better to just let it go and let people have their own experiences.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:27 PM
peterp
Three Wheelin'

Received 647 Likes on 396 Posts

Isn't that an Audi? Uh... This is a Porsche Forum...
???????????????

I know nothing about this shop, but apparently they work on Audi's and Porsches. Do you really think that, because this incident happened to be on an Audi, it couldn't happen on a Porsche? It already did. Isn't the "topic" a lot more about how this particular shop handles service than it is about what car the issue occurred on? If there was no Porsche case, then I'd agree it would be rather random to post on RL, but since there were Porsche service issues, I think most of us benefit from hearing another data point.

If the complaints being made are not accurate, feel free to call them out (if you have any data to the contrary). If you don't have any issue with the claim, then just don't post -- I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people on RL who are interested in hearing about another data point.

Last edited by peterp; 02-24-2019 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:17 AM
bamaboy473
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Why the snide comment? Her post validated the OP's opinion and experiences. Unless you are tied to the shop or it's owner, what lop-sided benefit does your post possess?

A lot of us have brands besides Porsche, BTW.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:51 AM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,154 Likes on 791 Posts

^^^ Snide? Lopsided benefit? Reading comprehension... I very simply pointed out that the OP was in a Porsche technical/maintenance forum - which I found to be funny/strange. Upon receiving the rather whiny reply, I stated my point and the fact that I thought they were wasting their time posting here (which has been borne out by this enlightening technical conversation)...
Old 03-07-2019, 09:00 AM
bamaboy473
Racer

snide = slyly disparaging : INSINUATING

If every forum post is expected to center on technical/maintenance, then two things are clear: there would be no sense of community to discuss related matters, and....you broke your own rule, twice.

No harm, no foul, but those in Atlanta likely appreciate the OP and related posts.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:41 AM
charlieaf92
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. Regardless of the make/model of your car, knowing about shops that lie to customers and do shoddy work is good knowledge to have.

On a side note, its been clear to you for months that this is clearly a crappy shop - so continuing to leave your car there is stupid and lazy on the part of your fiance. I'd have shown up with a trailer and taken it back regardless of whether they were 'finished'. Document everything in the process with pictures and video. Then, take it to a reputable shop (or complete the work yourself) and file a claim against the original shop to cover any damage or additional work that was required due to their negligence. A word of advice, I would start to question why your fiance is so lackadaisical about the siutation. This could be a big red flashing warning light.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:58 AM
bamaboy473
Racer

If somebody shows up in order to remove a car that has been touched (much less, worked on) can't the shop fabricate a bill for services, storage, etc. that forces the owner into an extortion?
Old 03-07-2019, 01:17 PM
charlieaf92
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by bamaboy473
If somebody shows up in order to remove a car that has been touched (much less, worked on) can't the shop fabricate a bill for services, storage, etc. that forces the owner into an extortion?
Maybe, but what's the alternative? My advice is document everything and get your car the hell out of there.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:51 PM
peterp
Three Wheelin'

Received 647 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by bamaboy473
Why the snide comment? Her post validated the OP's opinion and experiences. Unless you are tied to the shop or it's owner, what lop-sided benefit does your post possess?

A lot of us have brands besides Porsche, BTW.
+1000

It should be an unwritten rule on all forums that if you don't like a thread, or don't like an individual post, just don't post. If anyone disagrees with a post or thread, then it's open season, but if you simply don't like the post or topic, don't post. Moderators will moderate when needed, hopefully with much higher criteria than what was applied on the Audi post. Individual users trying to moderate RL content based upon their personal dislikes of thread topics or individual posts are a disservice to the community because it shuts down commentary that many others will find useful.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:39 PM
bamaboy473
Racer

Originally Posted by charlieaf92
Maybe, but what's the alternative? My advice is document everything and get your car the hell out of there.
If GA is like AL, the shop is holding lots of cards once you turn over your car and keys to them. If things get ugly, you need to bail the car out for whatever the charges are, then seek restitution via Small Claims Court. Shop keepers don't want to waste their time going to court, so the threat of having to do so will possibly allow them to see things more clearly. Since the shop has openly lied to you, take a recorder with you and a camera when you visit the shop; try to get names of the wrenches that worked on the car, and if he won't give you an itemized repair ticket, record that conversation.

The shop will need an attorney in order to file a lien, so he won't want to do that. You will probably need an attorney to write a letter telling the shop to file a lien or risk theft of property (or similar) charges. Keep things civil, because, "normal wear and tear", can increase substantially if the shop owner gets his mind set to ruffle your feathers.

Quick Reply: Warning : Performance Imports/Wendt Motors Atlanta