Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

New MKII Muffler Mod Thread...I did it....am I missing something??

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 08:05 PM
SHAY2N10
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JB, it definetley sounds better when it is cold. And you have a great description of the exhuast sound. It isn't exactly like the PSE but it is pretty close. It is actually deeper than the PSE but doesn't hold the same note as you increase the throttle. Actually, it sounds great up to a certain RPM whereas the PSE holds that verve all the way through. Best bang for your buck, hands down though!
Old 09-21-2007, 12:07 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JBRipps
UPDATE....the day after I had my mod done....I left town for almost a week. On tuesday, I started her up.....basically forgot about the mod....was wowwed again.

Then....as I drove off, IT SOUNDED BETTER!!!!! I was floored. And today....I've had the windows down all day long. I absolutely love the sound now....and it's sweet thru high revs now as well.

It is absolutely the strangest thing....but I swear it's sooooo sweet now. THE BEST MOD EVER. When you step on it even a bit....it really sounds fantastic.

Go f'n figure....who knows. My friend who installed it says it needed to be "broken in". Whatever...but it's true. Although....there is something that is smoking when they get real hot.....friend says let it burn off....says it's oils. I'm thinking its the coating of paint on the tubes and welds. Doesn't smell awful, and is getting less and less....so I'm not gonna bug out about it. Will wash them down once I get it on the lift over the weekend.

J
Jon, I hate to say I told you so, but.........
Old 09-21-2007, 12:26 AM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Tim....once again...you are RIGHT! Not sure why I bothered getting separate mufflers to do the job...other than the time factor. gonna think about unloading them now....they take up space.

J

Quick Reply: New MKII Muffler Mod Thread...I did it....am I missing something??