Sponsored by:

windshield suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:19 PM
nowata
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 43 Posts
Default windshield suggestions?

just broke my windshield trying to install a roll bar in my coupe. do i have to use an OEM windshield ($1000) or is an aftermarket one ($380) sufficient? they claim the safety and quality are equivalent. i just bought the car, so i haven't put in on my insurance policy yet.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:18 AM
aviatorX
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waydeki
just broke my windshield trying to install a roll bar in my coupe. do i have to use an OEM windshield ($1000) or is an aftermarket one ($380) sufficient? they claim the safety and quality are equivalent. i just bought the car, so i haven't put in on my insurance policy yet.
I was unlucky enough to have the only two stone chips in my life happen within 600 miles of each other, and my bad luck both were on my 996.

Had my local Porsche dealer do the first one at a total price of $783 installed for an OEM windshield. Then I found out they actually contract it out to a professional auto glass company located right next door (they do it in the Porsche garage though).

When the next one happened I went directly through that company and they completed the install in my garage for $554 for the same OEM glass.

I had to pay $250 for each and my insurance picked up the rest.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:01 AM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had 3 windshields. Everything I know is here. http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...howtopic=10360

#3 was put in a year ago this month. It has been hit by flying rocks since then but so far no chips or cracks.

Quick Reply: windshield suggestions?