Sponsored by:

She's finally done.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Botsy67
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
With or without the winglets, the car is awesome. You can see from mine what the car looks like with winglets as the next possible mod.....

Its always great to have another silver aero around.
Actually, I kinda like those winglets too, very nice on a silver car, looks great... Do you have a pic from a rear view so that I can check out both side at the same time?
Thanks a lot,
Old 08-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With or without the winglets, the car is awesome. You can see from mine what the car looks like with winglets as the next possible mod.....

Its always great to have another silver aero around.
the rear winglets not only look good since they give the rear end a wider look, but i hear athey're also functional as part of the complete kit. it's a mus for me.

i absolutely love the MK1 aeros. beautiful shape.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:28 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the mountain background in one of your last pics....and oh by the way the car looks awesome as well. I had the wingletd in my 01 cabrio and they look real nice, finishes the overall package.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:04 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 262 Posts

Here is a not so straight rear shot. If requested, I will give you a better shot.

Chao
Attached Images  
Old 08-09-2007, 04:26 PM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

Looks Great Guys! Both the aerokits! Great Job!
Old 08-09-2007, 05:55 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice upgrade...looks good, now paint it something else than Silver will you, too many of them
Old 08-09-2007, 06:09 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

I was thinking pink racing stripes Steven, it will be an original look definitely...

BTW, did you feel traveling more than 70MPH that when the window rolls up, the car just squats down and handles 10X better? If you recall pre and post aero kit. I am wondering how much the aero kit effects the handling.

Is it a function of the aero kit or just better aerodynamics in general for our cars? I read over on 6speed that a new owner of a black aero kit saw the window sticker for the car. Aero Kit was a $9K option...
Old 08-09-2007, 06:19 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

I was thinking pink racing stripes Steven, it will be an original look definitely...

BTW, did you feel traveling more than 70MPH that when the window rolls up, the car just squats down and handles 10X better? If you recall pre and post aero kit. I am wondering how much the aero kit effects the handling.

Is it a function of the aero kit or just better aerodynamics in general for our cars? I read over on 6speed that a new owner of a black aero kit saw the window sticker for the car. Aero Kit was a $9K option...
Not too sure about the racing stipes, but hey I am backing you all the way...so do it, just do it

I always had the AeroKit on my car (which I bought 4 months ago now), so I am not sure how it handles differently than without it. I do not think my car squats when I put the windows up either because my suspension is stiff. But an aero kit is functional and at speeds above 150 mph I would not want to be in a car without one.

Yeah I heard the same thing about the Aero Kit being a $9K upgrade from the factory, so that is why there are not a lot of them around (factory that is).
Old 08-09-2007, 06:24 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Steven,

I guess it means "SUSPENSION MOD" time.

I am waiting until winter so I won't get the itch and not be able to reach for the keys....
Old 08-09-2007, 06:29 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Steven,

I guess it means "SUSPENSION MOD" time.

I am waiting until winter so I won't get the itch and not be able to reach for the keys....
Yep do the suspension next. I installed the x74 on mine, here's a link to that thread:

x74 Install on 1999 C2 with Aero and 19's
Old 08-09-2007, 06:32 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

I know the reason for the delay is that there are too many choices..

1. PSS9
2. ROWMO3O
3. X74

I'm like a kid in a candy store. All confused.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:46 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

I know the reason for the delay is that there are too many choices..

1. PSS9
2. ROWMO3O
3. X74

I'm like a kid in a candy store. All confused.
My 2 cents:

1. PSS9 - Great coil-over system especially if you are going to track it. Fully adjustable and great ride. Everytime you adjust it your suspension geometry has to be re-aligned. Does not come with sway bars.
2. ROWMO3O - nice drop from stock and good ride quality. Best for DD. OK for track. Comes with sway bars.
3. X74 - Kit comes complete and fully assembled (refer to my thread for ease of installation). Will lower the car dramatically and handling is great. Not adjustable. Firm ride but not harsh. Not recommended for DD but some do. Great setup for the track and street. Comes with swaybars. Best bang for the buck IMHO

So I will be a bit bias towards the x74, but I did a lot of research, and decided that I did not want to adjust my suspension from street to track and pay for an alignment each time, I wanted it as low as possible and yet have my 19's clear too. I was not worried about a firm ride since I do not drive my Porsche daily.

Recommend you find people in your area with the different suspensions you have listed and take a ride in them on windy back roads, freeways and around city streets. I did and still chose the x74.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:51 PM
SMR996
Burning Brakes

Chsu,

Do the PSS9, adjustibility (height and rebound) is the key......... IMHO.

I can't comment on any difference on the aero vs. non-aero "feel". I won't be at the track until October where I can get the car to speeds that I will notice a difference or not.......
Old 08-09-2007, 06:58 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SMR996
Chsu,

Do the PSS9, adjustibility (height and rebound) is the key......... IMHO.

I can't comment on any difference on the aero vs. non-aero "feel". I won't be at the track until October where I can get the car to speeds that I will notice a difference or not.......
Is that the interior of your car in your avatar?

I was at Thunderhill this past weekend with the PCA GGL and I have decide I want to track my car a few times a year, but I want the best lateral support seats and safety installed. In regards to the seats I want good lateral support but ones if possible I can drive around town in still or on a couple hundred mile trip and not be uncomfortable. If that is not possible then I will swap out the factory for race seats when needed. I will also include harness setup that works with the seats, so openings in the back for the shoulder straps is a must. A roll bar in the back for the harnesses and overall safety is needed too, I do not use my back seat. So any recommendations you have regarding this is greatly appreciated. I do not need high dollar items if it is just for leather etc., if you know what I mean.

Cheers.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:59 PM
SMR996
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
Nice upgrade...looks good, now paint it something else than Silver will you, too many of them

I should have expected that kind of comment from you......

BTW, thanks for your help the other day.....

Quick Reply: She's finally done.....