Sponsored by:

She's finally done.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 07:13 PM
SMR996
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
Is that the interior of your car in your avatar?

I was at Thunderhill this past weekend with the PCA GGL and I have decide I want to track my car a few times a year, but I want the best lateral support seats and safety installed. In regards to the seats I want good lateral support but ones if possible I can drive around town in still or on a couple hundred mile trip and not be uncomfortable. If that is not possible then I will swap out the factory for race seats when needed. I will also include harness setup that works with the seats, so openings in the back for the shoulder straps is a must. A roll bar in the back for the harnesses and overall safety is needed too, I do not use my back seat. So any recommendations you have regarding this is greatly appreciated. I do not need high dollar items if it is just for leather etc., if you know what I mean.

Cheers.
Speed,

Yes that is the interior of my car. GT3 euro seats and the Teq bar. I went back and forth on whether to spend the major $ on the porsche seats or to just put in the Recaro's......... I decided on the Porsche stuf for changeabiliy (not that I ever do now but at the time you know.....) Brey Krause sells many different brackets for the aftermarket seats (Recaro, Cobra, etc) so they'll fit the car's mounting points. The only problem is many of the aftermarket race seats do not have the slider or lack adjustibility.... and most are not in leather...

Another drawback was comfort..... I sat in several different seats from different mfg's and could not get comfortable.... I do spend time in the car on the street so comfort was important... The GT3 seat does all that I needed, so I just ponied up the bucks.... A year later and I'm glad I did...

Go here www.subesports.com to start your seat shopping adventure....

As far as the bar, you could do the Teq bar, they sell for around $1,500 now, or you could go the DAS bar. Do a search and you find many threads where DAS vs Teq bars are discussed. The DAS bar needs to be painted once you receive it, the Teq bar is brushed stainless and does not need to be painted......

My harness equipment is from Simpson Racing (3" Platnium Cam Lock 6 pt.), many of the guys here run Sparco...... they are good as well.

Enjoy the slippery slope you are sliding on.......

Last edited by SMR996; 08-09-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:18 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

nice tranformation... she's never finally done
Old 08-09-2007, 07:26 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SMR996
Speed,

Yes that is the interior of my car. GT3 euro seats and the Teq bar. I went back and forth on whether to sepnd the major $ on the porsche seats or to just put in the Recaro's......... I decided on teh Porsche stuf for changeabiliy (not that I ever do now but at the time you know.....) Brey Krause sells many different brackets for the aftermarket seats (Recaro, Cobra, etc) so they'll fit the car's mounting points. The only problem is many of the aftermarket race seats do not have the slider or lack adjustibility.... and most are not in leather...

Another drawback was comfort..... I sat in several different seats from different mfg's and could not get comfortable.... I do spend time in the car on the street so comfort was important... The GT3 seat does all that I needed, so I just ponied up the bucks.... A year later and I'm glad I did...

Go here www.subesports.com to start your seat shopping adventure....

As far as the bar, you could do the Teq bar, they sell for around $1,500 now, or you could go the DAS bar. Do a search and you find many threads where DAS vs Teq bars are discussed. The DAS bar needs to be painted once you receive it, the Teq bar is brushed stainless and does not need to be painted......

My harness equipment is from Simpson Racing (3" Platnium Cam Lock 6 pt.), many of the guys here run Sparco...... they are good as well.

Enjoy the slippery slope you are sliding on.......
on your last comment.

I currently have Sparco Pro 2000's and Sparco 5pt 3" harnesses with a custom made cage in my Mustang. I like the seats and they would be comfortable for a while, but they have extremely high lateral supports and so for town driving they might be a bit of a pain.

Definately need to adjust the seats back and forth. Not interested in leather as I do not have much in the car now. Black seats in cloth will work, no Kirby aluminium seats for me.

When I was researching the Mustang seats I did visit SubeSports as they have a great selection.

I would prefer not too paint the bar this time around although Speed Yellow would look cool don't you think?

Thanks for the info and watch me slide into this area for my car, not my first time. This I can say firmly, I am not planning on modding the engine. I have the suspension I need, the wheels I need, the colour of the car is exactly what I want, it looks great from the outside, now I want safety inside for the track.

BTW...what did I help you out with the other day, short memory sorry
Old 08-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 200 Posts

Very nice improvements,do you feel the were worth the cost as opposed to getting one already done ?
Old 08-09-2007, 07:39 PM
SMR996
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
on your last comment.

I currently have Sparco Pro 2000's and Sparco 5pt 3" harnesses with a custom made cage in my Mustang. I like the seats and they would be comfortable for a while, but they have extremely high lateral supports and so for town driving they might be a bit of a pain.

Definately need to adjust the seats back and forth. Not interested in leather as I do not have much in the car now. Black seats in cloth will work, no Kirby aluminium seats for me.

When I was researching the Mustang seats I did visit SubeSports as they have a great selection.

I would prefer not too paint the bar this time around although Speed Yellow would look cool don't you think?

Thanks for the info and watch me slide into this area for my car, not my first time. This I can say firmly, I am not planning on modding the engine. I have the suspension I need, the wheels I need, the colour of the car is exactly what I want, it looks great from the outside, now I want safety inside for the track.

BTW...what did I help you out with the other day, short memory sorry
Speed Yellow bar.............. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm good (Homer Simpson)

I will not mod the engine ( I hope nobody quote's me because I say that now but who knows........ supercharger? hmmmmmmm.) I'm with ya.... The car handles the way I want, has enough power (at this time), etc.

We discussed the "Gurney flap", which BTW did not make it on the car as I could not get the piece in time to get it installed while it was in the shop. Maybe someday....

Cheers.

Last edited by SMR996; 08-09-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:42 PM
SMR996
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gregg Lewis
Very nice improvements,do you feel the were worth the cost as opposed to getting one already done ?
If I think about how much I spent I'll start

That aside, I think aestechically (SP?) it's worth it..... as far as the handling improvement, I've not gone fast enough yet to comment ......
Old 08-09-2007, 07:44 PM
SMR996
Burning Brakes

BTW Speed........... Nice looking mustang.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:27 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Speed Yellow bar.............. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm good (Homer Simpson)

I will not mod the engine ( I hope nobody quote's me because I say that now but who knows........ supercharger? hmmmmmmm.) I'm with ya.... The car handles the way I want, has enought power (at this time), etc.

We discussed the "Gurney flap", which BTW did not make it on the car as I could not get the piece in time to get it installed while it was in the shop. Maybe someday....

Cheers.
OK I will look at a both bars then and decide what I like best, but if I paint the bar then painting other things will come next and I do not want to spend money on those items, not yet that is.

The money you spend on engine mods for these cars is not worth the little performace gain IMHO, except a SC which I have experience with in my Mustang. Changing the suspension has improved the preformance for me because I know I can shave time on the track with it now.

Oh that's right the Gurney Flap. I haven't had mine installed yet either, just haven't had the time to get it to the shop and lave it there for a day while the glue cures. Like you, one day.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:28 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

BTW Speed........... Nice looking mustang.
Thanks...a project that I may never finish
Old 08-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Zoolander
Racer

Nice work. Interior and Exterior are strong.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:47 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I wish you guys would stop posting pictures of those damn BBS wheels.

I want. I want. I want.

Someone please forward this to Santa.

Michael
Old 08-10-2007, 11:49 PM
viper501
Instructor

Now need a third radiator kit, tint, and litronics... Seriously, looks great.

As to the suspension, I love my X74 as a daily driver.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:09 PM
T-LOCHA
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

This was a great thread. I am sold and looking for Mk1 kit for.
New to this forum a while ago and working on my 03 - C2 - Speed Yellow - Cab
Does anyone know where to get an OEM Mk1 kit in Canada or on the west coast?
Just started looking.

Cheers to all.

NOTE: SMR that before and after post was exactly what I was looking for!

Quick Reply: She's finally done.....