dave1200
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tt
Old 08-08-2007, 09:40 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the 997 C4S much wider than than the 996 C4S? And is the GT3 wider than the C4S? Sorry...don't feel like researching stats.

J
Old 08-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JBRipps
Is the 997 C4S much wider than than the 996 C4S? And is the GT3 wider than the C4S? Sorry...don't feel like researching stats.

J
My 996 C4S is phat!!
Old 08-08-2007, 10:07 PM
JBRipps
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Riad...you live 20 minutes from me....why don't we get a Fun Run organized over here and cross post it? A nice jaunt up the palisades from Rockland and into Bear Mountain and Storm King would be nice. I used to organize them on Pelican, but got real busy with work and kids. Whattaya think?

We would end up at the Brauhaus just north of New Paltz.....always a good turnout and fantastic time.

Oops...did I just hijack this thread? I think the issue has been addressed anyway.

J
Old 08-08-2007, 10:23 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Riad...you live 20 minutes from me....why don't we get a Fun Run organized over here and cross post it? A nice jaunt up the palisades from Rockland and into Bear Mountain and Storm King would be nice. I used to organize them on Pelican, but got real busy with work and kids. Whattaya think?

We would end up at the Brauhaus just north of New Paltz.....always a good turnout and fantastic time.

Oops...did I just hijack this thread? I think the issue has been addressed anyway.

J
+1, organize it, sounds like fun!
Old 08-09-2007, 09:22 AM
lost it
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well its a hard choice, i had an opportunity to drive a Caymen S, frankly it did absolutely nothing for me, even my missus said the same thing, seems capable enough but not too involving..
The turbo is a rush but it feels somehow too capable and stable, not boring but i dont think you could really push the envelope with this one, at least not on the road..
the 996 with the power pack, sports exhaust and sporst suspension felt like more of a drivers car, I felt more connected somehow.
Its mainly for a weekend car and the odd track day, plus some long distance driving such as can be found here.. driving adventures , mines the red coupe in the top gallery (summer tour).. btw this was a fantastic trip, that u probaly dont have access to in the states :P

I do love the power of the Turbo and the rush of it and always hankered after one, but then theres the service costs and depreciation monster to consider..
but as some say it seems to be bottoming out whereby the 996 special will continue to depreciate,,
hmm time for a coin flick i think.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

J
I'm all for it. Everytime there's a Porsche run something always forces me to have to miss out.

Quick Reply: decisions