Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

[Sunday, August 26th 7-8:00am Meet; 8:30am Departure] The Battle of Gettysburg Tour

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 08:59 AM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow [Sunday, August 26th 7-8:00am Meet; 8:30am Departure] The Battle of Gettysburg Tour

[Sunday, August 26th 7-8:00am meet; 8:30am Departure]
The Battle of Gettysburg Tour

Please join us for this incredible tour!!!

When: Sunday, August 26th. We will meet between 7:00–8:00am for a prompt 8:30am departure time...

Where: We will gather in the parking lot of the Starbucks in Mt. Airy, MD. There are several gas stations and places to get breakfast also… Directions below:

Bring: A full tank of gas, an appetite, money for food ($25 per person should more than cover the meal at the Fairfield Inn), and a FRS or GMRS handheld radio (tuned to channel 7, subchannel 21) if you own one! It’s not a necessity to own a radio but it makes it easier for us to keep in contact.

RSVP: RSVP REQUIRED to pca562@verizon.net... Let me know how many will be attending… ALSO!!! We are limiting the number of cars on this tour so get your RSVP in ASAP...

PLEASE NOTE: RSVP is required to attend this tour… We need to know how many tour disks to burn and an accurate count for lunch at the Fairfield Inn…

Event Fee: FREE and open to all Members

Route: The tour route is broken into 3 segments…
PART I: The trip to Gettysburg takes us through historic and beautiful sections of Carroll and Frederick Counties as well as Adams County. PA… Arriving in Gettysburg we will take a short break and prepare for our guided tour through the battlefield…

PART II: Includes a customized guided Battlefield Tour and the trip to the historic Fairfield Inn for a fantastic lunch… The Fairfield Inn is the oldest continuously running tavern in the United States dating back to 1757…

PART III: The return trip takes us up and over the South Mountain Range and back into Maryland via some extremely twisty and scenic roads ending in Frederick near I-70… We should be back in Frederick between 2:30 and 3:00pm...
Questions? Email me at: pca562@verizon.net... Everyone will get detailed directions the day of the event as well as 2 CDs with a customized guided tour through the battlefield...

Directions to Starbucks in Mt. Airy:

From RT 70 Baltimore Area:
Get off RT 70 at Exit 68 which is RT 27 Mt. Airy exit… At the light at the end of the exit ramp turn right on RT 27 and continue to the next light… You will see STARBUCKS on the left… Turn left at either of the 2 lights and continue into shopping center… We are meeting in the parking lot…

From other areas: Use your GPS or favorite online mapping program and head to address:

STARBUCKS
Mount Airy Shopping Center
400 Ridgeville Blvd
Mount Airy, MD 21771
301-829-6391
Old 07-31-2007, 10:03 PM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The promo has not been posted yet to the PCA websites nor has it hit the newsletter and the tour is 1/2 booked...

If you want to attend this tour please RSVP... This tour is by RSVP only...

We can only take so many cars around the Gettysburg Battlefield together and the Fairfield Inn can only seat just enough for this tour...

Hope to see you there... I believe this will be our best tour yet...

Quick Reply: [Sunday, August 26th 7-8:00am Meet; 8:30am Departure] The Battle of Gettysburg Tour