Sponsored by:

Bra and tint Phoenix/Scottsdale area

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:47 PM
gr8330
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Bra and tint Phoenix/Scottsdale area

If you have had a clear bra or ceramic window tint applied to your car did they do an excellent job? Did they put the ceramic tint on the back window? If so what is the name of the company or companies?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:03 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My window tint is Formula One's Pinnacle Series line which is ceramic, very good stuff - highly recommend you use it. Here is a snippet from there website about this product http://www.formulaone.com/:

The unique technology utilized to produce the Pinnacle Series of films makes it the most state-of-the-art automotive film today. With the advanced electronic systems in today's vehicles, it is imperative that a window film allow optimum performance at all frequencies. The advanced technology utilized in manufacturing the Pinnacle Series provides a proprietary non-metallized, non-conductive, ceramic technology film with maximum heat reduction, maximum ultraviolet rejection, excellent optical clarity and blockage of infrared rays.

Features

National manufacturer's lifetime warranty against color change
Scratch-resistant surface
Maximum ultraviolet protection
No hindrance to vehicle electronic systems
Will not interfere with radio frequencies
Maximum heat rejection in a non-metallized film

Specifications

Product UV Protection Heat Rejection Glare Reduction
Pinnacle 50 99.5% 43% 44%
Pinnacle 35 99.5% 50% 60%
Pinnacle 15 99.5% 59% 81%

I have 35 on sides and 15 on the rear.

The key to the finish is the installer. I see you do not live where I do, if you did then I will hook you up with the person that does the best job around.

I do have the clear bra but it was put on by someone else and it is a 3M product, but I am not happy with the installer's work so no referral from me.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:40 PM
gr8330
Burning Brakes

The specs are almost the same as Huper Optic but the color looks darker. I'm not opposed to that film I'm just trying to find a decent installer. The last two out of three bra's I had put on, all by the same company the quality was on the slide.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:57 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by gr8330
The specs are almost the same as Huper Optic but the color looks darker. I'm not opposed to that film I'm just trying to find a decent installer. The last two out of three bra's I had put on, all by the same company the quality was on the slide.
Not heard of Huper Optic but I take your word for the specs as I am not a tint expert just my good friend who does all my cars is but he does not own a Porsche.

Yeah this is my first 3M bra and I was not impressed, so the next one I will be asking around.

In both the tint and bra the installer is the key to the end result, especially if they are using the same product.

Here's a side shot of the car:

Old 07-19-2007, 12:11 AM
gr8330
Burning Brakes

looks very nice
Old 07-19-2007, 12:15 AM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by gr8330
looks very nice
TY

Whatever you get Mike, you live in Arizona so get the good shyte to protect whatever is inside the car...I'm sure you will
Old 07-19-2007, 12:26 AM
gr8330
Burning Brakes

I will Ty thats why I'm asking for help with installers. There is only one formula1 installer in the Phoenix area and two in Tucson AZ. I've been using the Huper Optic as it was easily available where I was buying my cars. They wont put in on the back window, a lot of people don't know this because of the Gold and silver layers in the film. It can kill the radio and Nav signals. What I dont like about the HO is it's very light. I like a 35% tint and they don't offer that. I'm going to call the local guy tomorrow and drop by his shop if possible
Old 07-19-2007, 12:34 AM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

So with that information about the HO stuff, looks like you will be making a trip to the Formula One installers to get the good stuff and get it put on the back as you can see the Pinnacle stuff will not interfere with anything aand has the shade you are looking for.

One more pic to show it from the back

So 15 in the back and 35 on the sides, just perfect IMHO and my tint guy loves the result.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:38 AM
gr8330
Burning Brakes

Looks good. If I don't like this guy the other two are only 130 miles from here
Old 07-19-2007, 01:55 AM
michael.s.under
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live on AZ and have the Ceramic type but it was installed by the previous owner. Good luck, it is necessary here. Demon the car looks good with the dark tint, I think its a mandatory mod...
Old 07-19-2007, 01:58 AM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by michael.s.under
I live on AZ and have the Ceramic type but it was installed by the previous owner. Good luck, it is necessary here. Demon the car looks good with the dark tint, I think its a mandatory mod...
Old 07-19-2007, 02:31 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Christies, best place...

Edit: Sorry, read the title of the thread wrong.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:43 AM
michael.s.under
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eharrison
Christies, best place...

Edit: Sorry, read the title of the thread wrong.
Christies is great if your looking for a Phoenix / scottsdale rim job, but not a tint job!
Old 07-19-2007, 02:29 PM
John Henry III - AZ
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Danny's Family (on Scottsdale Road near Bell) does all cars for all the high end dealers north of Bell on Scottsdale Road such as Porsche, BMW- Mini, Jag, Mercedes, Audi. Landrover, etc.

Also if you Call Scottsdale Porsche they can give you the name of their clear bra guy. He works up in that area all the time and they do several clear bras a month for ttose same dealerships.

Discalimer: I have not had any work done by either of these companies this is just word on the street. Hope this helps.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:06 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 724 Likes on 365 Posts

my dad had his clear bra put on at the scottsdale dealer, so I assume it was installed by the individual referenced above. If so, I thought the job was perfect. He had that 996 for 1.5 years and when he traded it in the car looked the same as the day the bra was installed.

Quick Reply: Bra and tint Phoenix/Scottsdale area