Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Technical Question - weird noise from front steering/suspension/brakes... need help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 12:54 AM
dimnslow
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Technical Question - weird noise from front steering/suspension/brakes... need help?

So from the long line of little things that needs to be replaced as my car reaches 8 years old...

I am now starting to hear this weird slight pining/knocking sound when I am going straight. The sound usually occurs when I start from a stop or when I'm over uneven road. The sound is very different to the sound I heard before I had to replace the rear control arm.

The sound is very faint - and I am convinced is coming from the front of the car. I can also sometimes feel a slight vibration from the steering wheel when I hear the sound. The car during all this time still tracks straight and drives fine.

My wild *** guess is that it's related to the pop/crack/slight seizing sound I hear almost every morning when initially get the wheels moving after I start the car. Which leads me to believe it's something related to the brakes.

It can of course also be hundreds of other things including suspension, bearings, wheel.

I am hoping someone here would of had this experience before and know what it's from.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Technical Question - weird noise from front steering/suspension/brakes... need help?