Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

GT3 Suspension on 996 C2 (before and after)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:21 PM
HD911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
What are the specs on your Kinesis wheels in that pic? Width, offsets and tire sizes?

I have no idea what the specs on the wheels are, the front tires are 225/40/18 the rears are 285/30/18.......Austin at TRG would know the specs on the wheels.

My point is my car is set-up for the track, not for posing with the fart-can crowd in the Fast and Furious.

Ben how many track days have you spent with your 996 so far? I'm assuming you have tracked your 996 more than the all the guys combined at The Racers Group??

Since you know more about suspension and the proper tire and rim set-up than they do right??

Here is a picture of a TRG 996 set-up for the track, wheels are tucked in tight just like my set-up. www.theracersgroup.com

I think I'll call TRG and tell them that according to Benjamin Choi they don't know what they are doing and that they should have installed wider wheels with a more aggressive offset or at the very least some wheel spacers.

Ben if you don't have anything nice to say about peoples mods....then keep it to yourself.

Just because Paul doesn't own a GT-3 doesn't mean he shouldn't make it handle better, your comments towards him were condescending as were your ignorant remarks about my car when I posted pictures.

Ben lets see some pictures of your modified 996 so we can critique your god-like choices.
Attached Images  
Old 07-11-2007, 10:14 PM
StephenB
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Paul. I am at about 26.5" with stock 18's and new tires with the M030. The GT3 would have been too low for me. If only the front did not have such a long overhang...
Old 07-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Stephen, I also was at 26.5" with the US M030 prior to the upgrade. Fortunately, I clear the speed bumps at my kids daycare center. lucky
Old 07-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Track use update

Had the car at Summit Point Shenandoah Circuit this past Saturday. The car felt absolutely brilliant. Turn in was crisp, neutral thru the corner and exit. Basically everything it did well before but all done at a much higher limit. Since it was only one day event and I also had 2 students I didn't have time to make sway bar adjustments and I was also getting used to the new handling. Hopefully next 2 day event will allow me to make a few tweeks... front could be softer/rear could be stiffer. Aiming for balance.

Unfortunately, I don't previous lap times from this course but the new lap times were 1:40 which is Redline Time Attack winning time for the course. I'll be at Summit Point Main course in a few weeks and will be able to compare old to new lap times with the only difference being the suspension. (hopefully it won't rain).

Last edited by Paul 996; 12-10-2007 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's stick to the facts instead of trying to compensate for something you're lacking cuz again, you ain't talented/skilled enough to make racing your 911 a career just like 99.999999999999999% of the rest of us in the world. my tracking or not tracking or going to a super sweet shop like TRG has nothing to do with your car's wheels looking off kilter as set on the lowered chassis.

Fact: You bought a set of wheels from the vaunted TRG shop, yet you have no idea what specs the wheels are. and a simpleton like me can easily visually see that your rears and fronts... are in-set RV car styles. pics don't lie.

Were you guys like one of the hs nerds who never got any and now that you've run into money all you did was spend it on cars v. some must needed therapy?

j/k

Originally Posted by HD911
I have no idea what the specs on the wheels are, the front tires are 225/40/18 the rears are 285/30/18.......Austin at TRG would know the specs on the wheels.

My point is my car is set-up for the track, not for posing with the fart-can crowd in the Fast and Furious.

Ben how many track days have you spent with your 996 so far? I'm assuming you have tracked your 996 more than the all the guys combined at The Racers Group??

Since you know more about suspension and the proper tire and rim set-up than they do right??

Here is a picture of a TRG 996 set-up for the track, wheels are tucked in tight just like my set-up. www.theracersgroup.com

I think I'll call TRG and tell them that according to Benjamin Choi they don't know what they are doing and that they should have installed wider wheels with a more aggressive offset or at the very least some wheel spacers.

Ben if you don't have anything nice to say about peoples mods....then keep it to yourself.

Just because Paul doesn't own a GT-3 doesn't mean he shouldn't make it handle better, your comments towards him were condescending as were your ignorant remarks about my car when I posted pictures.

Ben lets see some pictures of your modified 996 so we can critique your god-like choices.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:51 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
Let's stick to the facts instead of trying to compensate for something you're lacking cuz again, you ain't talented/skilled enough to make racing your 911 a career just like 99.999999999999999% of the rest of us in the world. my tracking or not tracking or going to a super sweet shop like TRG has nothing to do with your car's wheels looking off kilter as set on the lowered chassis.

Fact: You bought a set of wheels from the vaunted TRG shop, yet you have no idea what specs the wheels are. and a simpleton like me can easily visually see that your rears and fronts... are in-set RV car styles. pics don't lie.

Were you guys like one of the hs nerds who never got any and now that you've run into money all you did was spend it on cars v. some must needed therapy?

j/k

Dude if you have so much advice, I have a question, are you going to move out of your mom's house soon...

I think people on here are pretty nice to you despite your constant rudeness, once in awhile your pretty funny, but not nearly enough to put up with reading the rest of your posts .... Does rennlist have an ignore feature???????????

Oh and by the way when you said "vaunted TRG shop" it made no sense since to vaunt means to boast???? I doubt even you understand what the hell you are talking about.

"Main Entry: 1vaunt
Pronunciation: 'vont, 'vänt
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French vanter, from Late Latin vanitare, frequentative of Latin *vanare, from vanus vain
intransitive verb : to make a vain display of one's own worth or attainments : BRAG
transitive verb : to call attention to pridefully and often boastfully <people who vaunt their ingenuity>" http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/vaunted

Old 07-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Kevin H. in Atl..
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by galeriehughie
.... Does rennlist have an ignore feature???????????
Why, yes it does.
Click on the offending poster's Username,
Select View Public Profile.
At this screen you can add the poster to your "ignore list".

Want to guess who prompted me to use this feature?
Old 07-16-2007, 07:25 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

From the looks of things Ben is up to his same antics that I placed him on my IGNORE list for. It's quite the nice feature. You never have to see anything again that he posts. God bless the ignore feature

All you have to do is click on their name and from the drop down menu select "add 'x' to your buddy list". That will actually take you to the buddy AND ignore list page. Just place the offending person in the ignore list and VOILA!
Old 07-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aha, done. Thanks
Old 07-16-2007, 07:34 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

the IGNORE feature is useful BUT sometimes you just have to read it so you can drop some REAL knowledge. it does a disservice to the board by staying quiet. in the end, any educated person will be able to distinguish what is good information and what is trash.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:36 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Aha, done. Thanks
liberating ain't it
Old 07-16-2007, 10:19 PM
porsche-t
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not trying to stir the pot, but I've never seen a picture of Ben's car .
Old 07-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Tbred911
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude if you have so much advice, I have a question, are you going to move out of your mom's house soon...

I think people on here are pretty nice to you despite your constant rudeness, once in awhile your pretty funny, but not nearly enough to put up with reading the rest of your posts .... Does rennlist have an ignore feature???????????

Oh and by the way when you said "vaunted TRG shop" it made no sense since to vaunt means to boast???? I doubt even you understand what the hell you are talking about.
their ingenuity>" http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/vaunted

Ben, you need to take a chill pill bro.... !
Old 07-17-2007, 08:01 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by porsche-t
I'm not trying to stir the pot, but I've never seen a picture of Ben's car .
Here ya go. All I know is when I saw this car it said BENSCAR on the plate and had a Rennlist.com license plate frame. Coincidence?
Attached Images  
Old 07-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Blackness
Pro

Originally Posted by LVDell
Here ya go. All I know is when I saw this car it said BENSCAR on the plate and had a Rennlist.com license plate frame. Coincidence?
Finally! After more than 1000 posts by Mr. Ben, we get to see pics of his rider.

The comments/criticisms comes down to the authority of the source. Understand where it's coming from and take it for what it is. Although, the "gangsta" speak is pretty hilarious in the context of p-cars.

Quick Reply: GT3 Suspension on 996 C2 (before and after)