Sponsored by:

Help needed - Body shop in SE Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 10:46 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I ended up replacing both springs after the one spring broke. It was not difficult. I replaced the broken spring and and the "good" spring, but only after studied how the springs were installed on the second garage door. I used that as a guide to make sure I installed the new springs correctly. Took about 1/2 hour per spring.

BTW - if your garage has one of those "center springs" that is mounted on the hearder of the door (above the door when the door is closed) DO NOT attempt to adjust or change that spring out yourself. Those things are very highly sprung and can be very dangerous.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:31 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
BTW - if your garage has one of those "center springs" that is mounted on the hearder of the door (above the door when the door is closed) DO NOT attempt to adjust or change that spring out yourself. Those things are very highly sprung and can be very dangerous.
I figured that one out at a young age - we had a center spring fail many years ago at my parents house and the ol timer that came to fix the spring was missing a few digits, actually it was more like several. That put me off doing ANYTHING with any garage door spring!

Quick Reply: Help needed - Body shop in SE Michigan