Sponsored by:

Lloyd's Mats for your Pcar? Not Automotion.com

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 06:34 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lloyd's Mats for your Pcar? Not Automotion.com

Placed an order on June 19th on Automotion.com for a custom set of Lloyds mats for $110. I Receive a part number in the confirmation email and the order is forwarded to the Lloyds factory. Floor mats arrive two weeks later but they are for an 05 987 and not my 2000 986.

Automotion says these are non-refundable and I will have to pay $25 restocking fee.
They said I made the mistake but can't provide me anything at the point of sale indicating that I ordered the wrong mats. Just a cut and paste job from their internal order form.

I go back to check their website and re-enter the 986 floor mats and again I get the same six digit part number. Also, there is no year in the product description either in the shopping cart product description or in the confirmation page.
If you made a mistake you are screwed and won't know it for three weeks until the mats come back from the factory.
Apparently they feel this is adequate and ideal.

I call the customer service department at Automotion to point this out and the "dude" on the phone who kept referring to me as "my man" says they
"have too many orders to give different part numbers for different floor mats"
If you understand the logic of that response please reply.
When I ask why Automotion feels that the confirmation process is adequate Mr. Dude Man customer service rep tells me to have a nice day and hangs up on me.

I fired off an email to his manager and the customer service rep at Lloyds.

Advice:
Avoid Automotion.com they won't send you the right floor mats.

instead try Autoanything.com who are shrewd enough to have figured out that different series Porsches should have different part numbers. (and they have free shipping, $94 delivered)
Old 07-03-2007, 08:11 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did u pay it with a credit card? if so, call credit card company and have the charge reversed. reason is item not as described. u can sell the wrong mat on ebay or craigslist also.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll definitely keep this in mind becasue I do a lot of online ordering, and this sort of screw-up is unacceptable. You'd think that for the money, they'd respond quickly to you since not just anyone orders $100 floormats....the PR factor would have made them a satisfied customer for life. That's why I always go thru Sunset...professional, courteous, bust their butts to keep you happy.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:54 PM
Kims996Cab
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing that frustrates me more than a business treating someone like this .... is a customer taking it with no more than a complaint. Rennlist is not the place to handle this. "Firing off an email to his manager" is not likely to have any effect, either. As pointed out above, if you used a credit card .... which one should always use when online shopping .... then you have the hammer, and can fix your own problem without any further contact with Automotion.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:05 PM
hdtwncam88
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just purchased a 99 911/996, and it had no floor mats. whats the best place to get them as far as proper fitament without getting your heart torn out...thanks in advance
Old 07-04-2007, 12:41 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Here is where I got mine:

Mats

Quick Reply: Lloyd's Mats for your Pcar? Not Automotion.com