Sponsored by:

2001 carrera RMS

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 12:32 PM
mk2 ryan
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 carrera RMS

i have a 2001 carrera 3.4n/a...the RMS has a slow leak...but enough to be disapointed that it's a porsche cuz there has to be a 2 inch wide spot everytime she is driven...so i am a tech and i have my own volkswagen garage...i have looked at the tranny and it seems to be a job but not as bad as a damn passat or A4...so any pointers anyone could help me with would be awsome...i have bought the seal the bolts and the tool to put the seal in.....it seems to be the only thing i can at least find on the net retaining the important info...but i am sure there is something else i don't know about.....thanx guys and glad to join the site.....and if anyone has any VW questions hit me up....
Old 06-27-2007, 12:38 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh boy...well I cannot help you with any advice on your question, but I can advise you that this is your 1st post and the forum regulars will probably come down on you with out pics of your car, so get them up there ASAP.

But once you have done that then the same people will be able to assist. I am not saying that you will not get any advice, just that it is common courtesy that newbies post pics and introduce themself first so we know who we are talking to.

With that said welcome aboard...looking forward to seeing the pics.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:43 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Here's one thing. I can't explain it or verify it via an 'expert', so don't ask, but... apparently, the seal will seat the best if, after installation, you allow it to sit for a few hours before you reassemble. Dealers don't often do this for obvious reasons, but it's apparently worth the trouble. *shrug* Good luck!
Old 06-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Doug Donsbach
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mk2 ryan
i have bought the seal the bolts and the tool to put the seal in.....it seems to be the only thing i can at least find on the net retaining the important info...but i am sure there is something else i don't know about.....
RMS seal DIY here.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:59 PM
rountreed
Burning Brakes

I would live with it till time to replace the clutch. I have had the new seal in now for 2 years with no issues. Best of Luck!
Old 06-27-2007, 04:57 PM
mk2 ryan
2nd Gear

well thanx alot guys for the tips....sorry i didn't introduce myself very well..and yes i will get a pic up asap(left the camera at home)...My name is Ryan and i don't ever really work on porsches..i live in canada and the closest dealer is 6 hours away..and nobody in my city knows anything about german cars...i love them with passion...i own a VW garage called Heinz Garage and it's located in windsor ontario canada...right across from detroit...everyone around here drive domestic crap...but i am the only garage in the city that specializes in VW/Audi....so i do quite well...and this car now i absolutely love...never even driven a porsche before till this one and it's n/a...can't even imagine a turbo one..lol..but as far as everything on the car is mint...except this damn oil leak...tranny is comming out friday because i don't even get the tool here till thursday....so thanx again guys and i look forward to being on here more....chow
Old 06-27-2007, 05:02 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mk2 ryan
well thanx alot guys for the tips....sorry i didn't introduce myself very well..and yes i will get a pic up asap(left the camera at home)...My name is Ryan and i don't ever really work on porsches..i live in canada and the closest dealer is 6 hours away..and nobody in my city knows anything about german cars...i love them with passion...i own a VW garage called Heinz Garage and it's located in windsor ontario canada...right across from detroit...everyone around here drive domestic crap...but i am the only garage in the city that specializes in VW/Audi....so i do quite well...and this car now i absolutely love...never even driven a porsche before till this one and it's n/a...can't even imagine a turbo one..lol..but as far as everything on the car is mint...except this damn oil leak...tranny is comming out friday because i don't even get the tool here till thursday....so thanx again guys and i look forward to being on here more....chow
Ryan...again welcome aboard. Great that you have a garage and a specific car choices. So you have a lift and that will definately help out with the work you are about to do on the car. So GL with that and keep us posted. Oh and yes pics soon

Quick Reply: 2001 carrera RMS