Sponsored by:

Supercharged 996 on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 03:10 AM
Gnome
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by td873
Don't forget to paint RSR on your sides as well. And add some Turbo Centercaps.

Sweet, you just upgraded to a GT3 TURBO RSR CUP.

NOW YOU'RE FAST!!!

-td
Aw, heck, why not a a Ruf logo? Or just go all out and throw in an AMG logo, a BMW M logo, and....shucks, a Mazdaspeed logo to boot...

Old 06-21-2007, 03:16 AM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

personally i like it... although i think the taco wing fit more appropriately....... it's a good looking 911 though
Old 06-21-2007, 03:19 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been in touch with the owner of this car over the past 6 months and seriously considered buying it...but California and its damn smog cert requirements would frown on passing a supercharged Porsche. Mfletch and I have been going back and forth on SC'ing the cars. You could get it passed Calif smog...but you'd have to "shop around". I looked into the background of this car and it's really nicely put together. I realize there are some of you out there who don't like the GT3 poseur stuff on it, and neither did I. It really needs the taco wing....but other than that, this car is very clean and presents quite well. I think there's only around 1800 miles on the supercharger...and the interior/exterior are surgically clean. You could almost concours this car. I like it.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:26 AM
hwk72
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the SC on it the car is faster than a GT3 (at least in terms of straight line acceleration), so isn't the owner actually overmodest with the GT3 badge?
Old 06-21-2007, 07:38 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_Smile
personally i like it... although i think the taco wing fit more appropriately....... it's a good looking 911 though
That's what the point is. It's a really great example (and SC'd as well) that is ovdershadowed by the poser crap.

Originally Posted by hwk72
With the SC on it the car is faster than a GT3 (at least in terms of straight line acceleration), so isn't the owner actually overmodest with the GT3 badge?
Not even close. Is straight line what these cars are built for? But I'd like to hear what you think his straight line speed is and what mine is.

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
I was ready to upchuck once I saw pics, but honestly, badges aside, that is one beautiful looking 911.

I thought I was a tough nut, but LVDell, lighten up bud. I've seen far worse examples on this very forum posted up by members no less. Such a conservative crowd we got here.

I guess I sit right in the middle between 6speed and rennlist.
Ben, you are starting to grow some ***** lately. Seems to me that you enjoy telling people to lighten up, chill out, or just flat out dissent with no understanding of both sides. Please, lighten up. Go back and read my post.

Yes he got bitch slapped for the stupid attempt at posing But at the same time he was told that he didn't need to do it......and why? Because it is a damn nice car and he is drawing attention away from the real beauty of it with all that fake crap on it. Yes, he was complimented on the car.

It's called tough love. To many thin skinned pansies around her have ZERO ***** to give a true comment about something and rather instead just reinforce the stupidity by not calling somebody out.

The few times I have taken it a bit to far with somebody b/c I failed to take emotion out of it pause before I post and somebody with the ***** to call ME out I will be the first to own up to it or apologize. Trust me, this isn't one of those situations. **hint, it is when you start getting personal and attacking**

So Ben, just relax.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:51 AM
rroobbcc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also agree that the GT3 badging is just wrong. I also don't like to see mixed and matched bodywork. I actually think Porsche did a good job of putting together aerokits that each stay true to a single design theme. On top of that they are functional (i.e. generate real downforce, or at least reduce lift, and are balanced). When you start mixing and matching you really mess things up, if not functionally, then definitely visually. So as many others have stated... remove the GT3 badges and put on a taco wing, and this would be a really nice car.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:57 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
That's what the point is. It's a really great example (and SC'd as well) that is ovdershadowed by the poser crap.

Not even close. Is straight line what these cars are built for? But I'd like to hear what you think his straight line speed is and what mine is.

Ben, you are starting to grow some ***** lately. Seems to me that you enjoy telling people to lighten up, chill out, or just flat out dissent with no understanding of both sides. Please, lighten up. Go back and read my post.

Yes he got bitch slapped for the stupid attempt at posing But at the same time he was told that he didn't need to do it......and why? Because it is a damn nice car and he is drawing attention away from the real beauty of it with all that fake crap on it. Yes, he was complimented on the car.

It's called tough love. To many thin skinned pansies around her have ZERO ***** to give a true comment about something and rather instead just reinforce the stupidity by not calling somebody out.

The few times I have taken it a bit to far with somebody b/c I failed to take emotion out of it pause before I post and somebody with the ***** to call ME out I will be the first to own up to it or apologize. Trust me, this isn't one of those situations. **hint, it is when you start getting personal and attacking**

So Ben, just relax.
Ben - I can vouch for Dell's statement above. I recall a time where I thought Dell "crossed the line" with another Rennlister (emotion got in the way) and told him so in my post.

While I agreed with the substance of his response, I disagreed with "how" he delivered the message. Dell responded immediately with two statements: First, he apologized to the other Rennlister, and second, he thanked me for calling him out on on it.

The other Rennlister accepted his apology, knowing that emotion was involved in his initial response, and we all moved on to bigger and better things. Dell is a stand-up guy and calls it like he sees it... and there is nothing wrong with that. But as Dell said above, there is no place here for personal attacks.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:59 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by gota911
Ben - I can vouch for Dell's statement above. I recall a time where I thought Dell "crossed the line" with another Rennlister (emotion got in the way) and told him so in my post.

While I agreed with the substance of his response, I disagreed with "how" he delivered the message. Dell responded immediately with two statements: First, he apologized to the other Rennlister, and second, he thanked me for calling him out on on it.

The other Rennlister accepted his apology, knowing that emotion was involved in his initial response, and we all moved on to bigger and better things. Dell is a stand-up guy and calls it like he sees it... and there is nothing wrong with that. But as Dell said above, there is no place here for personal attacks.
Thanks Tim. I can always count on you to keep me in line

Some people just don't like it when I call a duck a duck.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:06 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks Tim. I can always count on you to keep me in line

Some people just don't like it when I call a duck a duck.
Dell, you know that I'm always happy to B!tch Slap you a time or two!
Old 06-21-2007, 10:09 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

oh baby, you know what I like
Old 06-21-2007, 11:53 AM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

on another thread, one guy had a ruf earokit on his 996 and wanted to put the ruf badge on it.... I replied that the earokit does not make it a ruf P-car, dont put the ruf badge. Could not believe that "people were telling me to chill and lighten up", "its his car and what ever pleases him"... I give up with this sh*t...
Old 06-21-2007, 11:58 AM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by redridge
on another thread, one guy had a ruf earokit on his 996 and wanted to put the ruf badge on it.... I replied that the earokit does not make it a ruf P-car, dont put the ruf badge. Could not believe that "people were telling me to chill and lighten up", "its his car and what ever pleases him"... I give up with this sh*t...
Ya, whoever said that is a complete TOOL. Badging is SUPPOSED to honestly represent your car. Anyone on this forum who disagree's with that, I have no respect for.

Where do you draw the line? 911 on a Boxster? Turbo on a '99 C2? What the hell is wrong with you idiots?
Old 06-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, I am chill. Let me finish reading your novel here. Hold up, going to get a double espresso so I can unchill a little bit.

So Ben, just relax.
Ok, just finished.

I'm totally one to lay it straight and I know some of the Rennlisters here have ME on ignore because they take my comments personally when all I really try to do is focus on the car itself. I'm a big fan of candor in my professional life as well as in my personal life. It's a tricky thing to master and I don't think one every really masters excercising candor, but you can get better at it. It saves lots of time and heartache as I see it.

With all that said, if you could take your post and tell the owner of that car to his face "Seriously, wtf is up with all the poser crap on the car? you have ruined a perfectly good car by representing a car that it isn't" then all right, cool.

But if you would word it differently if in front of his face, but get the same point across, then even cooler. I would bet that you'd be a bit more tactful - I would hope you would be.

I myself can learn to be a little more tactful with my comments, but still get the same message across, but I will wholeheartedly admit that it's very easy to sound like an arsehole online because we're missing like 80 something % of interpersonal communication by limiting ourselves to the written word only enhanced with some silly icons to the right, to the right.

If you're going to be that harsh on this guy on his for sale ad call shame on it and you'd do that in person (that's *****), I think it is an arsehole move and would again tell you to chill out else get your **** potentially kicked... in real life

Last edited by Benjamin Choi; 06-21-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 200 Posts

This is starting to remind me of the NSX site.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:02 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Ben, you make NO sense. You're saying If I went to look at this car, and objected to the badging, I'm at risk of getting my *** kicked?

I'll tell you right now. I'd see the fake badge and tell the guy exactly what I thought, then most likely walk away. "You mean to tell me, it's NOT a GT3? Then why the GT3 badge? I don't get it."

People don't dislike you because of your candor, it's more because you don't really stand for anything, and you make statements which are mean in nature. It' s not that people don't like you, more that your opinions often aren't respected, by me anyway. It's a culmination of several posts that I have completely thought you we're out of line on. Not only on this board, but E46fanatics, as well. You continue to prove me right, in my mind.

You telling Dell to chill and calling people "bud" is annoying, to me. Dell was spot on, IMO, with his assessment. You saying that it's ok, cause you've seen much worse on this board, is a poor defense, IMO.

Quick Reply: Supercharged 996 on ebay