996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Supercharged 996 on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 02:09 PM
MYSTRO
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! Common courtesy on Rennlist by GROWN MEN. Maybe he has something.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:30 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregg Lewis
This is starting to remind me of the NSX site.
why? nobody put a Type R badge on their cars yet
Old 06-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL some of guys man take this to levels that are so personal it's comedic which is the reason why I am a paying member as it is pure entertainment because otherwise, i'd never begin to associate with you.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:16 PM
hwk72
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LVDell
Not even close. Is straight line what these cars are built for? But I'd like to hear what you think his straight line speed is and what mine is.
Dell, a 996 GT3 has a 0-60 time of 4.3 sec. (MK1 GT3s are probably even slower), the time of a 996 tt is 4.1 sec. (all depending on the source, but you've to agree that the tt accelerates faster), so if a SC 996 C2 has the same hp as a tt but is leighter, then it's 0-60 time must be even faster (clearly not slower). I don't think that gearing or other components have a big influence in this 0-60 comparison but feel free to teach me a different way of physics
Old 06-21-2007, 03:20 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I won't debate that a SC charge can pull, what I was talking about is that these cars aren't made for that. I was actually asking you what you think the SC cars speed is and what mine is since i have no idea. I measure my speed in terms of sector times, entry/exit speed and lap times so I'd be curious if you had those numbers.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:32 PM
hwk72
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I won't debate that a SC charge can pull, what I was talking about is that these cars aren't made for that. I was actually asking you what you think the SC cars speed is and what mine is since i have no idea. I measure my speed in terms of sector times, entry/exit speed and lap times so I'd be curious if you had those numbers.
I've no idea Dell - sorry! But: I've a RSS Plenum and it feels soooooooo good and fast
Old 06-21-2007, 03:34 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by hwk72
I've no idea Dell - sorry! But: I've a RSS Plenum and it feels soooooooo good and fast
That was a good one! I actually just laughed out loud and got a funny look from the subs working at my house right now
Old 06-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

For what it's worth, Redridge has the most beautiful SCd 996 that I have ever seen. It is a Millenium Edition with the factory aerokit and GT3 seats. He told me that he does the 1/4 mile in the high 11 second range. That puts it comfortably in supercar territory.
Hwk72, isn't the plenum the poor man's supercharger?
Old 06-21-2007, 03:41 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

No one that I see is taking anything "personal". I just don't think Dell should be told to chill when is opinions is on-the-mark. I am fully behind him on this one and I think the OP hurts his car by fake badging. Dell is right on! You my friend, are way off!

You gotta draw the line somewhere, IMO it starts with fake badging!! Do you have the "right" to do it? Sure, go ahead, if you don't mind looking like a total poser!!
Old 06-21-2007, 03:41 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by arr0gant
Badging is SUPPOSED to honestly represent your car. Anyone on this forum who disagree's with that, I have no respect for.
If you're trying to sell a C2 as a GT3, then sure, you should honestly represent your car. I agree that putting Turbo centercaps doesn't make your car a Turbo, and adding red calipers doesn't fundamentally change your car to an S. But dropping a funky badge on your car for tooling around town is OK by me.

Almost everyone likes to differentiate their car - most through mods. Some like to rebadge (including me). It appears that a lot of people disagree with rebadging - while others think being a poser is ok. Personally, I think that at some point, upgrading your car "allows" you to "honestly" put a new badge on, and everyone has their own poser threshold.

IMO, the bottom line is whoever makes the payments can do whatever they want. Poser or not. [Just be prepared to face the onslaught here if you make a poser decision and announce it to the world ]

-td
Old 06-21-2007, 03:47 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by td873
If you're trying to sell a C2 as a GT3, then sure, you should honestly represent your car. I agree that putting Turbo centercaps doesn't make your car a Turbo, and adding red calipers doesn't fundamentally change your car to an S. But dropping a funky badge on your car for tooling around town is OK by me.

Almost everyone likes to differentiate their car - most through mods. Some like to rebadge (including me). It appears that a lot of people disagree with rebadging - while others think being a poser is ok. Personally, I think that at some point, upgrading your car "allows" you to "honestly" put a new badge on, and everyone has their own poser threshold.

IMO, the bottom line is whoever makes the payments can do whatever they want. Poser or not. [Just be prepared to face the onslaught here if you make a poser decision and announce it to the world ]

-td
Right, and the guy is trying to sell is C2 as a GT3!! That's the topic at-hand!! Turbo is a "MODEL-NAME" of a Porsche. Don't put Turbo lettering ANYWHERE on a NON-Turbo car!! That's just gay(lame)!

You like red or yellow calipers, fine paint 'em. That's not a badge.

I agree, as stated in my last post. Do whatever you want. You just look stupid to MOST enthusiasts that's main goal is NOT showing off.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

i think we should ALL have the rights to make our ride anyway fit for OURSELVES....... so if you want to even put on a BMW badge on your 911 so be it.......but i think if you're trying to sell the car under false pretense of a GT3 for a regular 911, that's just wrong.........
Now with that being said, if you want to make your ride anyway you want to, be prepare to be destroyed by enthusiast if it looks stupid...........
Old 06-21-2007, 04:53 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by td873
But dropping a funky badge on your car for tooling around town is OK by me.
See that's where the argument at hand is focusing on. People OUTSIDE the p-car community don't have a f'in clue what really makes the cars different but they DO know what a GT3 is or what a Carrera is or what a Turbo is so that badge tells them "wow, check out that car, that's one of those GT3's!" ERRRRR, wrong answer.

To "tool" around town to show the world your insecurities with a badge that says your car is something it is not then go ahead. You are not fooling the P-Car crowd and those are the people that you should be concerned with as they are your fellow enthusiasts and will ask you wtf you are doing with that badge on your car.

That sad thing is that without that badge (or with the Carrera or 911 badge) he would have received and TON of comliments from the board about how great of an example that is of a pre facelift 996 with a SC. Instead he has been called out as he is..........an insecure poser.

Creating a "Carrera SC" (not 911 SC as that is a car over 30 years old) badge would have been cool and NOT posing. IIRC, somebody had done it and the "SC" was in smaller script off to the bottom right of the naming like the "S" in Carrera 4"S".

Time to jump ship from the horse that has been to death. I think the OP knows what his fellow enthusiasts think of his posing.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:16 PM
sk8world
Advanced

nice ride. I would buy it for the right price!
Old 06-21-2007, 05:18 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Time to jump ship from the horse that has been to death. I think the OP knows what his fellow enthusiasts think of his posing.
Mixed metaphor.

(That's for that spelling thing you nailed me on the other day. )

Quick Reply: Supercharged 996 on ebay